main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Club Name of SF Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    How about "The Lost Limbs" Club? No? Well, I've always liked "SF JedHeads", since the Grateful Dead were so big in SF anyway. Since the DeadHeads aren't members (or are they?), I think we could use this unique/SF-only name, with a (possible) tye-dye logo, or even a Rebel symbol combined with the GG Bridge or a peace sign or something. I agree that it does have to be neutral, uniquely SF, and Star Wars-related.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Personally, I know nothing of DeadHeads, and no offense Matt, but I think I'd be embarassed to be called a JedHead. I don't think the Grateful Dead have anything seriously to do with SF even with their popularity, at least none that I am aware of. I still think the name should be reflected as serious as possibly but still keeping within in the fun and clever whimsy of the SW Universe and SF. Since neutrality seems to be something people want how about "The Balance of the San Francisco Fan Force"?
    That's my new suggestion for the week. The only prob I have with it is that it's a little long and makes little sense as an actualy symbolic entity. Oh, and with the other name that I had suggested of "The New Republic of San Francisco" there could be patches I can get for people, some have already seen on my Sharper Image SW Jacket and we could get them in bulk for pretty cheap for about $7-8 a piece (depending on the S&H). The patch actually says "New Republic Special Forces" which I had intended to give to my friends as recongition for all their efforts in the whole active building of SF Fan Force as a Christmas stocking stuffer but I don't see why that everyone else can't have them as well as long as they have some active part in building SF Fan Force and want to buy some. They look aweseome and really well made.

3. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Deadheads are old school. The Greatful Dead are old school, so you have to be in tune with the music world to understand where the term came from and what it means in the music world and SF.
    JedHeads are a pretty cool name. Sure kinda kooky but it's cool. Maybe that can be our nicknames.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I knew who the Grateful Dead where and I knew the term of DeadHeads. But that's just it, it's old school, TOO old school. Beside we all know my music preference are usually dated after the 90's. lol... A fresh perspective on things is what we need in a name and that's what I'm opting for... Thus you may notice that all the names I suggested had "New" or "Balance". Just being mindful of the future since the past is behind us. Anyway, this will be democratic and we the people will decide when it comes down to it. :) Registered voters only though ;)

5. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    How bout we call ourselves "THE ERICK STEINER EXPERIENCE! FEATURING MING S PAN!"

6. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Um lets not cuz Im too old to experience the Erick Steiner "experience"...lol....we need to get this outta the way soon.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    People certainly like saying the middle letter initial. Curious... Anyway, this will be settled by next meeting. Howpfully we can get our registered voters for a 100% voter turn out. Our democracy is gonna work blast it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.