main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Club outing to see One Man Star Wars

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ark3, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Rob make sure you go on the 16th because its a great show. --Billy

2. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I can be Mara Jade the 27th. At least I fit in with Billy! :p

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Right thats true. I may have another protector joining us on the 27th.
    Okay Im gonna send out a yahoo notice to check and see who will attend on the 27th not in costume. Moriah needs to hand in the non costume list this Friday 12/16. --Billy

4. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Billy, Me & Game Crazy Chris are looking at going on
    Thrus the 15, cuz 16 the MTA (no trains/buses)plans
    to strike and we dont want to stuck in the city.
    On Wed we will decide.

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey everyone! :D Yeah, the MTA's going to strike around midnight Friday morning, but anyone who can make it to the show on the 16th for the toy drive, please come! Kris and I would really appreciate your support, whether you're in costume or not.

And Dana, I've seen pictures of you as Angel Leia at IMAX. If you want to dress up, I think the kids would love that. :D

edit: Actually, how's this for an idea? Those of you worried about being stuck in the city at night, you can leave before the show even starts (around 7:30).

6. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, I asked Dana and she said she's not dressing up for Friday, but I'm looking to Christmas-tize my Leia buns. :p

7. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    How long is the show? How far is the theater from
    Penn Station?

8. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    The show's about an hour, it starts at 8pm. It's on 44th St. at the Lamb's Theater just past Toys R Us going east, so that would make it ten blocks north of Penn Station.

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Okay Rob gotcha. make sure of the schedule for that day. Check the web site. Chris Game Crazy, if for some reason you cant make it with Rob on 12/15, you can join us on 12/27.
    Moriah, so far I only have heard from Triss as an out of costume person for the 27th. We'll give everyone until Thurs night to get on the list.
    In costume we have 6 people confirmed for the 27th. --Billy

10. Rdadabacca

Rdadabacca Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    I don't know if Billy got my email
    (I HATE HOTMAIL)
    Anyway
    This is Rob speaking for the 3 of us
    We'll be there in costume

That's Tuesday Dec 27th Right

Rob

11. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Well, GC Chris wasnt able to go. So I had to got SOLO.
    OMG, what a great show. This a MUST SHOW for any fan of
    OT. Just remeber "It's A Trap". I dont want to give
    anything away. It was worth every dollor. BTW, it was
    $45. I believe that the walk up fee. I'm sure it's
    cheaper to get them ahead of time. Like with concerts.
    He made 3 mistakes w/ the dialog. But only I a Die-Hard
    fan would notice =0) BTW, this is it. He does NOT plan on
    coming back w/ Star Wars show to NY. But wants to w/ LOTR
    show. Thats what his people told me. BTW, It was SOLD OUT.
    They added a Dec26, cuz of the demand. I hope I can see
    this again before he leaves. If you talk to him (i was
    not able to). Tell him him get this on DVD And to hit
    ICON 25. He would rule there.

12. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, since me and Anu (JadeSolo) had our wallets stolen from the theater dressing room on Friday, let's just say that telling the management we're coming on the 27th wasn't as high a priority. [face_plain] I did tell them, but the guy at the front desk said the best person to tell was the head of staff or something like that. He gave me her email, so I'll send her a message today.

Ok, when we come, whatever you do, DON'T leave your wallets and/or valuables in the dressing room. I've done this show numerous times with MEPA and the Rebel Legion, and we've had up to 15 people leave their things in the dressing room with no problems at all. But barely now we get told that the Lamb's Theater has a long history of theft (thanks a lot :rolleyes: ), and the dressing room door has no lock. In the space of less than half an hour somebody went up to the 4th floor and went through everyone's bags, taking only my and Anu's wallets but not things like our cameras, phones, my CD player, etc. Almost immediately after they were stolen Anu had a $500 charge on one of her credit cards. I lost my debit card and Texas state ID. We filed a police report, but it's doubtful they'll figure out who did it.

(And I must add, talking to cops while dressed as Princess Leia was the most surreal experience ever. 8-} )

So. If you can help it, bring as little valuables with you and find a way to carry your wallets and such on your costume. Even if you have no pockets or belt pouches like me, shove it down your boot or cleavage or something. I really don't want this incident to keep us from trooping for the show, it's too much fun not to. We just have to be careful.

13. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    OMG, that SUX. :eek: I had no idea.
    Leave the Republic Credits at home.
    Maybe give all that stuff to someone
    not in costume to watch. Just an idea.[face_thinking]
    Moriah, sew a pockets to all your costumes
    or buy a money belt? I wouldnt dress up unless
    they give security. I guess the people who run
    the theater are sheep.

14. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    They're not exactly very scrutinizing when it comes to letting people upstairs into the building. Easy for someone like me who shows up super early and just wants to take my time changing, but bad for security. Apparently the chick at the front desk let in a homeless guy who regularly hangs out there when he said he needed a restroom to take his insulin. Then there was some other suspicious dude she let in. It could have been either of them, or neither. But they really need to be more careful about who they let upstairs. For events like this it would wise of them to make a list of who's showing up then asking to see some ID before letting people in.

15. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Wow Moriah, Im sorry to hear that happened. The loss is rough and I can understand now that the place leaves a bad taste for you. Hopefully we can still have fun on the 27th.

Rob Paul, I got you're hotmail e-mail and replyed but as has happened a few times you didnt get my reply.
    You might have something going on there because we also figured out that I DID send out that email on db516@yahoo about the Burger King event and you didnt get that one. Check into it.
    For the 27th if comeing in costume, you dont need to be on a list, just show up. --Billy

16. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Don't forget--I really doubt the theater will allow a cat to be brought in, even in a bag (har har :p ). It's common sense that pets aren't allowed in performance venues because they would be disruptive, and they can't make exceptions because, frankly, they don't know for sure that this cat doesn't make noise or run around even if you do. Don't risk having them turn you guys away. Find somebody to take care of your cat for that night.

Besides, it's our job as costumed characters to interact with and entertain the audience before the show starts, and you can't do that with a bulky cat bag over your shoulder.

17. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    That really sucks Moriah. :(

After hearing about this, I've decided to attend on the 27th as a non-costumer. That way, if anyone wants, I can hold onto valuables.

18. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    <various expletives>

Triss, you had to say that now?!? I already emailed Charlie to ask for only one free ticket for Shana! :oops: It's gonna look really stupid for me to email him again for another one.

<curses some more> And for that matter, the email that moron at the front desk gave me bounced back. So now I either have to email Dan Roche and hope he sees it, or go to the theater again and remind them in person. I say screw it and we just show up--they're not gonna turn us away.

19. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Sorry 'bout that Moriah. Our computer was down for a while, so last night was the first chance I had to get to the boards. It's not a big deal, I just thought everyone would feel better if they had someone they could leave their stuff with. And since I don't really have a good charcater costume, I figured I was the best choice. But whatever works out. No matter what, though, I'm not leaving my stuff in that room! [face_not_talking]

Considering what happened last time, they should be nice about it. You'd think...

20. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, try to buy your ticket ahead of time then, because it's $39 in advance but $45 if you buy it that night.

*thinks*

You know, I don't think there's a way to buy tickets for this show online, is there? I could go get it for you and you can pay me back Tuesday.

21. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Moriah you can buy tixx online at[face_dancing]
    http://www.telecharge.com/homepage.aspx
    type in- Lamb's theater & One-man Star Wars Trilogy
    There is a link on Charlie's web site too.
    Hope that helps:D I wish I could be there
    in person. But you will sense my presece there thou.LOL!!
    You Might want to check to Ferris Wheel in Toys R' US,
    might be cool photo opt in costume. Just my silly .02 cents[face_thinking]

22. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    I sent you an email, Billy, so...go read it. :p

23. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks. I responded yesterday. Our computer was out for a few days having a failing hard drive fixed. Were back. --Billy

24. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey everybody
    Here are details of the One Man Star Wars show on Tuesday.

Note to the Pauls: Return an email to me so I know you got this message

Below is the address. We will be there at 6 PM. From 6:30 to 7:30 we will be in costume up the corner on Broadway (probably in front of Toys R Us) handing out flyers to get people to come to the theatre. At 7:30 we go back to the theatre and hang out in the audience as people assemble for the 8 PM show. We will then be seated to watch the show which ends at 9:30. We will probably go out for food after.
    See yall. --Billy

Date Tuesday 12/27/05

ADDRESS 130 West 44th Street New York, NY 10036
    LOCATION South side of West 44th Street, between 6th & 7th Avenues.
    DIRECTIONS Closest subway: 1, 2, 3, N, R, Q, W to 42nd Street. Walk north on 7th Avenue to West 44th Street, then east to the theatre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.