main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Club positions

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    In discussions I've had with people I've noticed there seems to be some disagreement over the club positions. It was brought up first thing at the last meet but it obviously wasn't emphasised enough so let's get it settled before it drags on too long.

Here are the club positions as they stand.

Me as President
    Soulkrusher as vice president
    Princess Lego as Secretary

The above positions were nominated and voted on at the first club meet back in July but several new members have joined since then so it is important to make sure everyone has a say. It should also be noted that these positions have been in place now long enough for everyone to get an idea of how good a job each of these people are doing. The following positions have been added recently
    Pinback as PR Representative
    Sithmagician as Treasurer

As I indicated in another thread, there has been a lot of private discussion going on which would probably have been better off dicussed here. I want everyone to know what's going on. More importantly, we need to know that everyone will support those in these positions and know who we can rely on.

If anyone has any objections to these positions, if anyone doesn't think any of these peope are doing a good job or if anyone would like to nominate another person to fill any of these positions, then reply to this thread.
    We need to have open discussion. I don't want any internal politics or hard feelings getting in the way of getting this club underway. We're so close. We can't expect everything to happen overnight but if we pull together and support each other, it will happen.

2. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    OK, here's a brief history of the club so far as I see it. Steve came up with the idea of a club after our first friendly meet at the X-men movie. We had a meeting at our house the next week to discuss what would happen. Steve was unanimously appointed President, SK as vice president and me as secretary, Nat was nominated as Treasurer until we found someone who actually wanted to do it. :)

Grizzly, LD and Stinky were the other ones there, who chose not to do anything.

Steve's job is to be at all the meetings, direct the discussion at the meetings and get us all enthused about it. I think he has done a great job.

SK's job is to fill in when Steve's not there. That hasn't happened so far, so he's still doing his job fine. Plus he's working on the logo, and that's great.

I've done my job, getting all the incorporation info and forms.

Getting money off people was the only hold up in the whole process. I thought of just forking out the money myself to hurry things up, but I'll be damned if I'm going to start a club if no-one else is willing to commit. But now you've all finally put your contributions in, we're under way.

As I've said from the start, I don't want to get into legal trouble by operating this club without being official. So I've been patiently waiting for all the paperwork to go through.

*Beware - bitching starts here*

But now it seems that one over-enthusiastic individual, who has less to fill his days with than the rest of us, isn't happy with the pace of things. But aspiring to the leadership and then dipping out of the whole club before its even started, while not even telling anyone how you feel, is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever come across. If anyone else had any inkling of what you were talking about, then it just reinforces my "keep it off icq" gripe. I'm the secretary and I'm supposed to co-ordinate club correspondence and business items, but I can't do it if no-one talks to me.

We think you're a great guy with great ideas, who has a lot to offer our humble little club and we think of you as a good friend. But dirty political manouvering in a club that doesn't even exist yet isn't the kind of atmoshere we wish to encourage.

We are all friends here and hope to stay that way. Our goal is to have fun and share our love of Star Wars with a wider group of Star Wars fans.

3. CrumbsTheWookiee

CrumbsTheWookiee Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2001
    over enthusiastic individual?

back off

4. Princess_Lego

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry, about my post there. If I've offended anyone, put it down to me being pregnant and jumping down the throat of anyone who looks at me the wrong way. If I do it again just shrug your shoulders and say "it's a woman thing".

Hopefully, I've done no permanent damage and I'll be forgiven for such a mis-informed and hot-headed tongue-lashing.

5. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    I'm not sure about club positions as they stand, but I'm pretty handy with the written words, and artistic challenges (ie: drawing, painting) Anyway, I don't have full time access to a computer, but if there is anythign you want me to do, I'll do the best that I can when I can.

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Whoa!! I'm away on a business trip for Outer Rim for a few days and look what happens!! Dear me.

Well I don't quite understand what or who has been acting this way but here is my response to the topic at hand.

I know I am Vice P. but I would also like to manage other things as Vice P. When Soniel is away or sick, whatever it maybe I'll step forward to take his place (well until he gets back ;) ) In the meantime though I would like to handle things such as fan films and/or website. As this is what I do best at. I am working on the logo so I'm busy now but perhaps down the track when the logo is done. I'm sure it would be possible to take on two jobs, until we get more people that is. I could even get some help on any of those things if people come forward.

Otherwise if someone has there eye on taking one of these jobs, I will more then be happy to helpout. Enough said for now, see what the rest of you come up with! :)

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    It's good to see positive comments and more are welcome. I just want to make it clear, however, that constructive criticism is also welcome here. If there's problems that need resolving, lets all help out with it and cooperate. Remember that the main purpose of this thread is for OR people to comment on the club leadership and state any concerns they may have. If those of us who are in club positions want to report on what we have been doing, then that's a good idea but perhaps we should keep that in another thread.
    Consider this a Bitchs Box for official matters.

8. Princess_Lego

Dec 4, 2000
    Don't worry SK, we just had a minor misunderstanding, which hopefully has been resolved.

But just so everyone knows how a club functions, I'll summarise what my sample constitution says;
    -You need a President and Vice President to oversee everything, keep things running smoothly.
    -A secretary to handle correspondence and membership records.
    -A Treasurer to handle financial records.

They are the official positions, any other positions, we make up as we go along. We need a committee to organize things and they can certainly get input from the general membership.

We need to have a committee meeting once a month and a general meeting once a year. If you can put the time in, you're welcome on the committee. Otherwise you're welcome to just be a member, sit back, relax and enjoy whatever fun stuff we come up with. :)

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm so glad someone wanted to take the Treasuerer position from me. It's not that I didn't want to do it, OK I didn't want to do it, but even though I'm a cashier, that's not accounting and stuff like that.

I'm glad to take on a roll that requires not a lot of demandment (cause I'm a pretty slack person and I don't like being yelled at).

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    We don't yell. We just throw things.
    Anyway, by the time we're through with the next meet, there'll be plenty for everyone to do. Even slack people.

11. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah I was thinking once the ground work of Outer Rim is done, which I'm sure is the hardest part, it should be breeze from there. It will become a matter of getting interest from other fans and then keeping them here.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I won't expect any part of it to be easy. That way I'll have less chance of being surprised by anything. Not that nothing will surprise me.

13. Rogue 11

Rogue 11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    I know I haven't been around much lately, but I personally can't think of better people to be running the club than those doing the job now. Hey, maybe they could do something about the petrol prices in WA :)

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Already done. I spoke to my mate John H the other day and he agreed to do something about it. You may have noticed prices drop a bit today. So now you'll have no excuse for not coming up to Perth for the meet on the 17th. ;)
    But seriously, you do have a pretty long way to go. If you really wanted, you could crash at our place after the meet. We'll have our Bunbury meet eventually.

15. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Once the club has started and is official and all do you think coz im "VICE PRESIDENT"

....I can get myself one of those petrol cards!! :D

16. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    If theres going to be a Bunno meet, there may as well be a Collie 1 as well, after all the Bunno people have to have someone to bag as well :)

17. Rogue 11

Rogue 11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    Sorry, any meets this month are off. March is the month of being broke. My two best mates turn 21 in March, and I am getting one of them a parachute jump and the other an autographed basketball photo.

Also, I just started a new job, and I don't really know what hours I am working.

18. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    It is the will of the force that this thread found it's way into the revival rotation, [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.