main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Clue ~ The investigation has begun!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    A Killing on Coruscant!

A high-profile Senator has been felled in his high-profile apartment, located in the high-profile city of Coruscant on the high-profile planet of the same name. You are a suspect, and in this corner of the galaxy, where dirty politics and cheap deals are as common as the sentients who peddle them, you?re guilty until proven innocent. It?s up to you to figure out what really happened, expose the filthy killer, and clear your name.

Introduction

The classic detective game, now with a role playing twist even twistier than the last one!

We will have eight players in total, four representing the dreaded warlords of C&G, and four representing the bloodthirsty knaves of the RPF. Are you back from doing a double take yet? Yep, it?s an inter-forum setup. More on that technicality later.

I have the great fortune of acting as your host during this carbuncle.

Objectives

1. Find out who killed Senator Tyren, what weapon was used in the murder, and in which room the murder was committed.

2. Play your character in an engaging, entertaining, thorough, and thematic way that gets you points from the other players.

Suspects

You will play one of eight characters on the roster who will pertain to a corresponding color: yellow, green, red, blue, pink, black, white and purple.

There are eight weapons: blaster pistol, vibroknife, lightsaber, vibroblade, cortosis pipe, hydrospanner, blaster rifle, and bowcaster.

The murder could have taken place in one of eleven different rooms: hall, lounge, holo library, dining room, kitchen, ballroom, conservatory, sabaac room, study, refresher unit, and garden.

Let the Games Begin

Once all eight slots are filled up, you will each be given 24 hours to post a character sheet (don?t worry if you?ve never done it before, the format for this is below). After this is done, I will post an officially official ?start game? post.

Each player will be PM?d a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were not involved.

Players will be obligated to post at least once a day, including a suggestion as to who killed Senator Tyren, with that weapon, and in which room. Only one suggestion is allowed each day; however, you are allowed as many role-playing posts as you want. As a matter of fact, you?re encouraged to develop your character to his or her greatest extent, and to the greatest extent of your imagination.

If you don?t post in 24 hours, you?ll earn a warning. Get three of these babies, and you?ll be booted from the game.

Also in 24 hours, I?ll post a list of all suggestions and who disproved each. I will then PM the players to let them know which part of their suggestion was disproved.

You?re only going to be disproved by one player -- namely, the next player on the roster who has one of the ?cards? used in your suggestion. If that player has more than one disproving ?card,? you only get to see one.

Once again, this game is much, much, much, much, much more fun if it?s done in character. So make your posts IC, add flavor to your character, and liven things up a little bit!

Winning (The Good Part)

The first player to suggest the right person, the right weapon, and the right room wins the Detective Award. If two players make the same suggestion at the same time, the player with fewer warnings wins. If two players make the same suggestion at the same time, and neither of them have warning, they both win. The odds of this occurring are 3720 to 1.

At the end of the game, players will PM me their votes for the Quality Player Award, which will be granted to the individual who has displayed the best role-playing skills throughout the course of the game.

If you win the Detective Award, you get 24 hours of colors. If you win the Quality Player Award, you get 24 hours of colors. But if you win both?you get 4

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    GM APPROVED

Representing RPF

Name: Toshiko Cyan, nee Sato
    Species: Earth human - British, partly raised in Japan.
    Chosen Color: Blue

General Appearance: Five foot, three inches. Slim, dark straight shoulder length hair that parts in an inverted V over her right eye. Too much?

General Personality: A diva with technology, but generally socially awkward and easily manipulated. She had just been fatally shot at the end of Torchwood Season Two.

Brief Biography: Worked for the Ministry of Defence till her mother was kidnapped, and she was forced to build a sonic modulator to get her back.

UNIT, the Unified Intelligence Taskforce arrested her along with the kidnappers as soon as the device was tested, and she was incarcerated until given the chance to work for Torchwood 3, led by Captain Jack Harkness.

She was fatally shot by Jack's damaged brother Grey, inside the Torchwood facility, while trying to comfort unrequited love, Owen, who was also about to die, trapped inside a nuclear reactor that was about to flood with radiation.

Answers to the name of "Lucky." And "Tosh".

Two days ago, game time, she was revived within the Dimensions Collide: The Rise of Evil RP, told by 9ft cloned Byss Sentinel called Moe, that she was now an agent of Torchwood Four (this was a fib) and was assigned to take part in some holographic card game contest taking place in a mysterious German castle.
    With Moe?s help, she escaped in a Mercedes, only to wake up with him, in the claustrophobic [Final RPF Summer Challenge / Halloween Mini-RPG] The Demon Room where Moe lost his life, and she, temporily as it will turn out if accepted for this, lost her mind.

Did I mention she answered to the name of "Lucky?"

Current gear: as of Dimensions Collide, long-sleeved black dress, black stockings, and the white straps of a frilly maid?s apron criss-crossed her back. She was about five feet something in her black Mary Janes.

Anything else: The way I play Tosh, she will retain in-game memories of all previous RPF activity.

3. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    GM Approved,

Name: Chewie Bloodman
    Species: Wookiee
    Chosen Color: Red

4. A_Sith_and_a_Vampire

A_Sith_and_a_Vampire Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2010
    GM Approved

Name: Steward Lemari Violete
    Species: Vultan
    Chosen Color: Purple
    Bio (Optional): A foppish young nobleman hailing from Vulta, a planet located in the Mid-Rim. As a result of some technical difficulties, Steward Lemari's luxurious space yacht was forced to dock on Coruscant and due to clerical error, was unwillingly placed in a dank apartment in one of Coruscant's lower districts. The fumbling, bumbling man likely would not know what awaits him.

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Guys, please remember to include which forum you're representing!

6. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Team C&G please.
    (Made a mistake by saying RPF the first time I PMed...)

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    GM's Seal of Approval

...representing the eccentric world of C&G. Although it's great to be in the RPF while doing so. :D

Character Sheet

Name: Bright Freckles
    Species: Twi'lek
    Chosen Color: White
    Bio: Bright was born into what is often referred to as the underworld of Coruscant. She grew up scavenging, scraping, begging; and yet, somehow, she landed herself a place as a lowly worker in some apartment building ... a building that actually has windows from which you could see the smoggy clouds of Coruscant and the rooftops of other buildings! She was amazed.

A strange sight to any who see her, this young Twi'lek has bright white spots across her otherwise normal Twi'lek coloured skin. This skin of Bright's is the colour of the hidden topside of a Star Destroyer. The joke there is that most people only see the bottom of the craft while its turbolasers destroy their homeland ladadada ba ...

She is truely unsure if there's ever been a Twi'lek like her before -- she certainly hasn't come across a grey and white spotted lekku-twirling creature before. Grey and white creature themselves, however, are common for her: she's colour-blind!

8. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Never tell me the odds.:p

9. A_Sith_and_a_Vampire

A_Sith_and_a_Vampire Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2010
    Forgive me, I'm planning to represent the RPF if that is fine with those who are veterans here.

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Our roster so far...

Team C&G
    1. HairyWookiee12 ~ Chewie Bloodman [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. Tyi-Maet-Nefer ~ Bright Freckles [White]
    4. [Green]

Team RPF
    5. Sith-I-5 ~ Toshiko Cyan [Blue]
    6. [Pink]
    7. [Black]
    8. A_Sith_and_a_Vampire ~ Steward Lemari Violete [Purple]

Invite your friends! :D

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    QGR Approved

Name: Frederick Fuchsia
    Species: Human
    Chosen Color: Pink
    Representing: The RPF

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Three spots left, ladies and gents!

13. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Name: Grondo Gejalli Tai
    Species: Hutt
    Chosen Color: Yellow
    Representing: C&G

14. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Hey, cdgodin, does your character's name have something to do with their chosen color?

Team C&G
    2. cdgodin ~ Grondo Gejalli Tai [Yellow]
    4. [Green]

Team RPF
    6. darthramza ~ Frederick Fuchsia [Pink]
    7. [Black]

15. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
  16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Could you change it so it does, please? Thanks. :D

17. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    Fixed.

18. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Name: Mocho Donero
    Species:Human
    Chosen Color: Black
    Representing: RPF
    Bio (optional): Your typical rich, over-priveleged senior citizen. He has a posh apartment on the high rises of Coruscant. He pays off detectives, senators even. He sees many as beneath him.

He dresses in the fanciest cloths, made from the furs from the rarest creatures from the Outer Rim, as well as a plethora of antique weaponary, dating all the way back to slugthrowers.

Why is he even here? He has better things to do, like subjugating some plebians.

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Team C&G
    4. [Green]

Team RPF
    7. DarthSubZero ~ Mocho Donero [Black]

I'm going to push as hard as I can to get one more player for C&G. Hopefully, we'll get started before this weekend.

20. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I will be your last person.

Name: Viridian
    Species: Barabel
    Chosen Color: Green
    Bio (Optional): Viridian was one of the main hunters of his clan back on Barab 1. When some slavers came to his homeworld and took some of there people Viridian, and a group of fellow hunters went up after them. This is what led him to Coruscant. His group had tracked the slavers to a planet under the jurisdiction of Senator Tyren.
    Representing: C&G

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Bless you, MM! :p

Team C&G
    4. Mister_Master ~ Viridian [Green]

Team RPF
    7. DarthSubZero ~ Mocho Donero [Black]

22. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    IC: Commander Willym Jarl
    Senator Tyren?s Apartment

The room smelled like death.

No, Jarl realized, it was more than that. More palpable, more visceral; an almost physical sensation that clambered through the lifeless currents of room?s stale air, its cloying sensation attaching itself to anything that breathed. Jarl loosened his collar, and dabbed at his lined forehead with a red handkerchief. Glancing around at the assemblage of characters assembled before him, he sighed inwardly. This was going to be a long day.

?Senator Tyren,? the commander of Coruscant?s most elite investigation corps began, his voice a gravelly rumble from deep within his expansive stomach, ?is dead.? He paused with what he hoped was a dramatic flair, eyeing the room with his deep-set gaze. ?He has been murdered, today, in this apartment. By someone in this room. Someone right here. Yes, ladies and gentlebeings. One of you?is a murderer!?

Not the faintest ghost of a smile played across his mustachioed features, but he so enjoyed watching this crème de la crème crowd of cultured creeps squirm beneath his grasp. Perhaps that would take the edge off of the day?s monotony.

?For now, each and every individual in this room is a suspect,? Jarl continued. ?If you have evidence that would allow me to consider you otherwise, feel free to present it. If you don?t, then prepare to pay for your deceit.?

Mopping his sweat-drenched neck and hairline, Jarl fingered his pocket notebook thoughtfully, then turned to a conveniently-placed butler. The blue-skinned Twi?lek held his gaze impassively.

?Get me a cup of caf,? the commander commanded. ?And turn on the blasted temperature control!?

TAG: Suspects.

OOC: By now, you have all received a PM containing a list of three suspects, rooms, and weapons that were not paired in Tyren?s murder. That means you may now make your first suggestion! Try to include the suggestion in the role-playing post itself, but, for clarity?s sake, repeat the SUSPECT, WEAPON, and ROOM in CAPS at the bottom of your post.

23. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Mocho Donero (black)
    Senator Tyren's Apartment

As Mocho Donero and some other patrons (he did not bother to recognize them), he could not help but notice a distinct aroma

The smell of a decaying corpse...

...how unpleasant.

?Senator Tyren,? the commander of Coruscant?s most elite investigation corps began, his voice a gravelly rumble from deep within his expansive stomach, ?is dead.?

"Astute observation, detective," he quipped. "And any reason for the pause? You only look like a fool....well, more than you already do."

?He has been murdered, today, in this apartment. By someone in this room. Someone right here. Yes, ladies and gentlebeings. One of you?is a murderer! If you have evidence that would allow me to consider you otherwise, feel free to present it. If you don?t, then prepare to pay for your deceit.? ?

"Being killed in your own home...preposterous! It only shows how up to the task our Security Force is."

He liked taking these officers down a peg. It was the only highlight of the day for him , besides the murder of the Senator.

The Senator....

He remeber he had been talking to him, about some territories in the Outer Rim. He didn't remember much after that....

...blasted old age.

He quickly scanned the other patrons. He had to look for someone to blame. For he knew he didn't do it. Sure, the Senator had been a tad annoying in the transaction...

But he wouldn't kill him.

The temperature changed, now slightly more chiled. Good. The fur coat, wa starting to make hims sweat.

His eyes set on a Twi'lek in the room. Indeed, she looked like an anomally, more so than the usual freaks that littered that race. Her skin was the color of a Star Destoryer topside.

Yet her most striking feature were the white dots that littered her body.

He recalled her name was White Freckles (silly name.) Her clothes signified she was of a lower class. What would a low class Twi'Lek be doing a Senator's apartment?

Warning signs flared on his head.

"If I may interrupt you and your caf for a second," he tugged at the coat of Willym Jarl for a second. "You should definetly investigate..." his finger pointed at the Twi'Lek, White Freckles.

"It was her." His tone grew accusatory, his finger trembled to add a dramatic effect. "Look at her. Do you really believe such a low-life to have been invited by the Senator voluntarily?" He chuckled while he skook his head, the idea preposterous to him. "No, she was probably hired to do some work for him. Construction, perhaps? A Hydrospanner? In the refresher? Just put the pieces together, Detective. Or is it too hard?"

He waited for a response, especially of t he girl he had accused.

She would not take oo kindly to it.

[b]WHITE, HYDROSPANNER, REFRESHER UNIT[/b]

24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Toshiko Cyan

The Torchwood operative was a bit surprised to be called to the opulent residential tower, and then to the apartment of a Senator.

From listening to the emergency service responders outside, the deceased had been quite popular and well known.

Upon seeing the dead body on the carpet, Tosh had naturally assumed that she had been called here to help with the investigation, which she was eager to do, and no-one had yet disabused her of the assumption.

There were several other people here, looking towards a Commander Willym Jarl, who seemed to be suffering in the heat of the apartment. Her own costume wasn't exactly airy, and she would probably have to lose the black stockings before the day was out.

Standing at the windows, where she had determined no sign of forced entry; she looked away from the panoramic view, back into the room. If the temperature had been this high since the senator had died, measuring T.O.D., Time of Death, would be complicated, though, she considered, their space techniques might be more sophisticated than a "liver probe".

Though she had several people wrinkling their noses at the smell in the room, it did not bother her. When you have chased Weevils through Cardiff sewers, your olfactory senses take a bit of a holiday. Hers had won big on the European Lottery, and had splashed out on a round-the-world cruise that would not have her smelling anything for a good long while. She still received postcards to show there were no hard feelings.

"Senator Tyren, is dead." The commander interrupted her reverie, and she blinked in his direction.

Her Torchwood colleague would have been very cynical at that statement, perhaps asking Jarl, what he was commander off, exactly.

Her lips thinned as she deliberately banished the thought of Owen. He was dead now. Like the senator.

"Astute observation, detective. And any reason for the pause? You only look like a fool....well, more than you already do."

Tosh glanced towards the speaker, seeing an older gentleman in well-cut, good quality clothing. Donero, she thought his name was.

The commander continued. "He has been murdered, today, in this apartment. By someone in this room. Someone right here. Yes, ladies and gentlebeings. One of you?is a murderer!"

Toshiko did a double-take. What?

"If you have evidence that would allow me to consider you otherwise, feel free to present it. If you don?t, then prepare to pay for your deceit."

"What, as opposed to the murder, you mean?" She muttered under her breath, as the commander turned to a blue skinned butler-type - they certainly had colourful aliens here, wherever 'here' was - and demanded a cup of "caf".

"Can I have one too, please?" Tosh threw towards the butler; she had gathered that this was what they called coffee. "Oh well, better start on this evidence collecting." Reaching down, she fought her way past the annoying folds of her abbreviated petticoats to draw out her hand scanner. Along with the handgun strapped to her thigh, it was the only remnant of her previous life.

She looked towards Jarl. "Commander, are we allowed to examine the body?"

The temperature lowered within the apartment, to more than one person's relief.

The Donero fellow interrupted Jarl before he could respond to her, pulling on the man's coat like a child, and indicating a white-spotted alien female who was clearly the same or similar species as the butler.

Ah, her name was White Freckles, Toshiko recalled. Does what it says on the tin, she thought wistfully, eyeing up the strange woman.

"It was her" Donero accused.

"Based on what?" Tosh heard herself blurt, rolling her eyes at her own brashness. You idiot, Toshiko.

"Look at her. Do you really believe such a low-life to have been in

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Frederick Fuchsia
    Senator Tyren's Apartment

Frederick's head was pounding. He had a feeling he knew why, but for some reason he couldn't put his finger on it. Last night was a complete blank. Nonetheless, his head was pounding, he felt sick, and he felt like he would rather die then exist at the moment.

Hell of a night, clearly.

There were people yelling - or, no, actually, they were probably just talking, but it seemed like they were yelling... cripes did his head hurt! And that smell - it was decidedly unfabulous (Which meant it was most certainly not his cologne!) - and the talk was about... Murder? Murder? Where the hell was he? What the hell happened last night? Upon reflection he really had no memory of this building, its occupants, or even who it belonged to. Total blank.

He tugged at the pink ascot that was still neatly tied around his white collared shirt, and decided that as he had no idea what was going on, he might as well look himself over in the nearby mirror. Pink ascot? Check. Pink overcoat? Check. Tan pants? Check. Ten fingers? Check. Black loafers? Check. Pink hair...

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

Pink was most certainly not his natural hair color. Nor was it even close to his natural brown.

"WHAT. THE. KARK?!?!" he suddenly roared, tugging in vain at his now-pale rose hewed locks. Not only had someone in this room killed someone, but someone had dyed his hair pink. How unfabulous!

He stormed over to the group of people in the middle of the room, his eyes lit up with a furious passion - after all, now it was personal, and he pointed an accusatory finger at the fellow who was pointing an accusatory finger at a Twi'lek. "Hey, you pompous idiot, you're pretty quick to pass the buck on all of this. I bet it was you - and I'll bet your not even attempting to cover up the location and murder weapon, either. No, you're too stupid to cover yourself that well. You... stupid person." Clearly his headache was dulling his wit. No matter.

TAG: All

[b]Donero [Black]; Hydrospanner; Refresher Unit[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.