main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C'mon, Doug...post us a spoiler...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by KingFelix, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> You should have a special expansion icon for the virtual edition.<<

Hmm..good idea, better than adding the (v) at the end of the title...

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    To answer all of your virtual card and Player's Committee questions, just go to GPN.

3. KingFelix

KingFelix Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    Strangely, the Vader part of that was the least exciting for me. I'm much more interested in this bit:
    Now I just need to go back to work on Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol...I just don't know if it's strong enough AS IS (with all of the new text), or if it really needs to add a Force loss when it hits too. I mean, one might say that (with the new ability to "dowload" it from the Reserve Deck), that it's already a fantastic card, but then there IS that 2 destiny to balance things out too...

2 Destiny, self-fetching weapon???(How does THAT work?)
    :cool:

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Here's BoShek:

Deploys ?2 to any docking bay, starship or Cantina. Adds 3 to the power of anything he pilots. Considered ?matching pilot? for any starship. Once per turn, may take a device into hand from Reserve Deck; reshuffle. Immune to attrition < 3.

5. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Yes these cards are 100% official. The text boxes will be released and made available to download. To use them, you cut out the textboxes and place them in your card sleeves over that card's current text box.

It should also be noted that these virtual texts are NOT errata-ing a card or making the original version of a card illegal. Player's can choose to use the new text or to use the original card as it was made.

The Player's Committee: The Player's Committee is not located in a fixed position. The PC is made up of about 200 or so volunteers worldwide, hand picked by the Player Advocates from the applications they received. The PC will basically be controlling the future of the game from now on (or at least until D got the license back should that ever happen).

To put it into perspective: The PC are Jedi and the Player's Advocates are the Jedi Council.

You will play in tournaments just like you always have. Basically, find your local tournament and play. There is no change there.

Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol: All I can say is, this card FINALLY represents the kind of weapon Han Solo would carry. It kicks some major bantha butt :)

6. DuffMan

DuffMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    These cards will be acceptable in tournaments correct? And when these cards cut to appropriate sizeare released we just print them out, and insert them into a sleeve with another card as backing.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    That is correct.

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    These are NOT going to be card images, guys. Just the game text boxes :)

And yes, all the virtual cards are 100% tournament legal.

9. KingFelix

KingFelix Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    It's important to mention, IMHO, that the card which has its GT replaced MUST be a copy of the same card. For instance, you need a Premiere Vader to use the space Vader's new GT.

10. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    One thing I would have liked to see for Bo Shek's text is "Considered a smuggler for WYS," since he was one.

11. Darth Rimmer

Darth Rimmer Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 1999
    If you're making virtual cards we should be able to play virtually (that is, on the net), as Star Trek CCG players can.

12. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    I think an online SWCCG was among the things Lucasfilm rejected from Decipher's proposals. Might have been for the best, though. Having to start a whole new collection with cards costing real money (and at the same prices as real cards), it always seemed like a rip to me. If you ask me, it would have been better as a packaged software product you buy in a store, which gives you immediate access to as many copies of every card as you want. They could make their money from software sales, and keep it from making the cards unprofitable by always keeping expansions about a year behind.

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I think it was for the best. The online Trek game isn't quite meeting the expectation D had for it--right now anyway.

14. Rain

Rain Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    It's been mentioned before that Decipher will create the text boxes that will be available for download, print and cutout. The text box will fit directly over the original card. Forms of attaching it have been debated. Can't say for sure what the final result will be.

-Rain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.