main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CN ratings

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by obiwan122586, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiwan122586

obiwan122586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    This is just idle speculation, and I'm hoping someone with numbers will jump on it... What kind of ratings would Cartoon Network have gotten during the Clone Wars? My guess is there was a massive, unbelievable surge of people tuning in at 8:00 and then it suddenly dropped way back down at 8:05. To put it another way, how many people watched Cartoon Network for probably the first (and only) time ever when Clone Wars showed up?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I believe they said they experienced a 400% increase in viewership for the five minutes, with retention varying depending on the following show (e.g. Powerpuff Girls vs. Pokemon, etc.)

3. obiwan122586

Aug 12, 2003
    Well, if there's any number of people out there like me, CN was getting all kinds of funky spikes during the CW marathon. I was taping it, but I CANNOT STAND Cartoon Network's advertising! Anyone else who watched the marathon knows what I'm talking about. Every other commercial is for some horrendously expensive toy that is (ironically) completely worthless. And I always got a laugh out of these girly "Barbie" commercials. Like the kind of people who would watch a very serious Star Wars cartoon are the ones who also play with Barbies on the side.

(A thousand apologies to anyone who is a Star Wars fan and likes Barbies, too. I am just covering my butt here, in case there are any of you out there!)

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Hopefully the ratings reflect that complete and utter tool 16-year-old kid who was their Friday night host. Damn he was annoying. Fire him, plz.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Has anyone e-mailed CN to ask for rough ratings? If not, I geuss I'll do it.

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Entertainment Weekly had the cabel ratings in their last issue and Clone Wars got 2.6 million viewers. Which is excellent for a 5 minute long program.

7. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    How does that compare to other programmes, such as Samurai Jack.

What does Enterprise usually get?

8. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    2.6 million viewers! :eek:
    Wow! :eek:
    That's great! :D
    Hey it was awesome! :D

9. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    I have a C right now in math, so is there any way to calculate waht that would be if it were a half hour?

10. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    It would be exactly the same. Maybe a couple hundred more, but I expect most fans would watch it regardless how long it is.

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Well Spongebob Squarepants was the highest rated animated show that week with 4.4 million viewers. So I would say Clone Wars did very good. It will probably do even better with season two next March.

12. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    I would expect it to have more people were it longer, seeing as how many people might have missed that 5 minute segment. Lol, I know there were nights I almost missed that tiny timeframe :)

13. obi wan jabronie

obi wan jabronie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 1999
    <<but I CANNOT STAND Cartoon Network's advertising! Anyone else who watched the marathon knows what I'm talking about. Every other commercial is for some horrendously expensive toy that is (ironically) completely worthless. And I always got a laugh out of these girly "Barbie" commercials. Like the kind of people who would watch a very serious Star Wars cartoon are the ones who also play with Barbies on the side. >>

<<Hopefully the ratings reflect that complete and utter tool 16-year-old kid who was their Friday night host. Damn he was annoying. Fire him, plz. >>

Do you people realize how condescending and arrogant you are? CN is for KIDS. I have an 8 year old and she doesn't complain about this stuff. She actually likes that kid that hosts Cartoon Friday.

I doubt CN really cares what you think. You have your right to complain but please think a little bit and put it into context.

P.S. I'm sure all the toys you played with when you were a kid had tons of intrinsic value and were educational to boot.

Do any of you grown up sour-pusses even remember being kids?

14. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    obi wan jabronie does have many good points.
    I don't think it matters how long the show has to be, people will watch them, and the commercials, the channel is for kids and it's going to have toys and all those other things for kids, just think a little people.

15. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    CN is for KIDS

I wouldn't say that's totaly true. I know CN has Adult Swim a whole line-up of cartoon's geared towards teenagers and adults. I'm pretty sure they are all rated TV-14 so they're not for kids.

16. obiwan122586

Aug 12, 2003
    Also, I AM a kid. I was still annoyed by that host guy.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I agree with jabronie.

First off, its primarily a children's network.

Second off all, why are you so mad about one little comment. It was just a joke, which is in many ways to be expected with a Sci-Fi series that has a massive following like this. It's not as if the CN producers sat down and said, "Hmm, how can we be as mean-spirited as possible and hurt these people's feelings?"

They just made a joke. Like calling someone a Trekkie. They chuckle a bit cause they know its true. Others chuckle because it is kind of funny how much they are into it. Having laughed with people at things like this before, I couldn't justify being so bad humored when the CN guy did it to us SW fans.

Lighten up. And get off the high-horse.

18. Darksithlord99

Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    Most girls don't watch Cartoons Compared to guys. It's weird cause you may get 1 Transformers (Stupid little boy show) comercial an hour but your bound to get at least 11 Barbie, Bratz, Stuffed Dog, Polly Pocket Comercials...If your lucky about 2 Video Game commericals every 5 hours.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do you people realize how condescending and arrogant you are? CN is for KIDS. I have an 8 year old and she doesn't complain about this stuff. She actually likes that kid that hosts Cartoon Friday.

Yes, but children have enough self-esteem issues without being told that they're dorks for being home watching Star Wars on a Friday night.

I mean, those of us at my age know it to be true, but the kids should be able to ease into that lifestyle gracefully...

20. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Most girls don't watch Cartoons Compared to guys. It's weird cause you may get 1 Transformers (Stupid little boy show) comercial an hour but your bound to get at least 11 Barbie, Bratz, Stuffed Dog, Polly Pocket Comercials...If your lucky about 2 Video Game commericals every 5 hours.

We're complaining about the commercials now?

21. obiwan122586

Aug 12, 2003
    Hey, we're bored.

22. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Wow, interesting, the commercials. Yes that host guy on Friday nights is annoying, but hey deal with it and enjoy the show :D

23. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I didn't even know he called us dorks. I just thought he was already annoying. but i missed him, since i caught the reshowing all week long at six, or was it five...curse my lack of memory...

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I love Cartoon Network. It´s great. End. :)

25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am not one for cartoons so CW was the frist time I've watched SN... except for the odd Family Guy episode here and there, but now I have those all on DVD.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.