main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass CNN Report on New Star Wars Movie and more!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithkeith1701, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Saw this on CNN just now and thought I would add to the board!!!
    Fans await return of Star WarsStory Highlights
    Latest Star Wars film will be made into television series

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars," is due in theaters August 15.

Movie introduces a female Jedi who is Anakin's young apprentice
    Next Article in Entertainment »

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- Fans never seem to get their fill of "Star Wars," and George Lucas is happy to oblige.

Star Wars creator George Lucas poses in Las Vegas with a pair of storm troopers from his "Star Wars" films.

Lucas offered a glimpse into the latest creation in his sci-fi universe at the theater-owners convention ShoWest on Thursday, showing a sequence from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," a computer-animated movie due in theaters August 15. It will be followed by a TV series of the same name, to air on the Cartoon Network and TNT this fall.

The movie came about as an afterthought while Lucas was developing an animated TV show of the same name. That show debuts this fall, but Lucas figured it was ripe for big-screen treatment, too.

"You've got the whole assembly line built, and then you say, 'Hey, we can make up something,"' Lucas said in an interview. "It was like old-time movie making. What I love about television, it's like Monogram Pictures or the old studio system, where a couple guys come to work and they sit and have some coffee and go, 'Why don't we make a movie about such and such? OK, fine.' And at the end of the day, it's pretty much on its way."

Set in the years between episodes II and III -- "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" -- of the big-screen "Star Wars" chronicle, the movie and series present fresh adventures of Jedi warrior Anakin Skywalker, his mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and other colleagues.

The movie introduces a female Jedi, Ahsoki, who is Anakin's young apprentice.

"It's like 'Band of Brothers' in space, with Jedi," Lucas, 63, said. "You can tell lots of stories. They come up all the time."

Don't Miss
    Horton hits theaters
    Two movies planned for final Harry Potter book
    Lucas said he plans to produce at least 100 hours worth of TV episodes of "Clone Wars."

He also is moving forward with a live-action "Star Wars" TV show focusing largely on new characters removed from the Skywalker family. That show will be set in the decades between "Revenge of the Sith" and the period when the original film, 1977's "Star Wars," takes place.

So can fans ever get enough of "Star Wars"?

"I don't know," Lucas said. "I'm thankful every year that it keeps going." E-mail to a friend

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks for the info! Y'know that just adds more questions than it answers. Anakin had an apprentice??? Skywalker family members??? OK, that could be about Luke and Leia, the early years, but I don't think seeing Beru burp little Luke will make a very compelling story. Oh, wait! You're talking about Tashi Station? Hmmm... Just don't know if there's enough there.

Honestly, if they do any more of the story, I wish they'd go back to Nomi Starrider and such. I'd love to see some of those characters come to life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.