main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CNN Skywalker Ranch Reactions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by attackoftheyodas, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnxsith

johnxsith Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I am also sorry if I offended anyone.

2. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Well, just as long as you don't complain to CNN like that! This thread needs to keep going to send more complaints like the one I sent. (see previous page) Not to gripe anymore we've done enough of that. Post copies of your complaints here first before you send them. That way, we can be sure to keep each other in check.

3. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i wonder how many people complained to CNN?

i wonder if cnn notified connie on all the complaints?

4. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    No, they're laughing there asses off at you. Same with EW and any other publication you gus sent any hateful messages/mail to.

You're perpetuating the stereotype of the rabid Star Wars fans!

5. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Williams- not all complaints have been rabid, some at least two (mine inclduded - arrogent maybe I know :p) have. I wanted to keep this thread going to make sure others do likewise.

Then again- Connie is probably too dumb to take critisism to help improve herself.

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah, I read yours and it was one of the better ones I agree. I wish more of them could be more civil and level-headed.

The ones I frown upon are the screaming messages calling the reviewer (who is really only doing the job they were hired for) bad names that are totally uncalled for and paint Star Wars fans in an unflattering way. When I see quotes like "Lisa Schwartzbaum is a liar, a cheater, a dirty this and a horrible that!!!" Not only are they in vain, but they hurt the image Star Wars fans.

7. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Agreed, but since I have found an overwhelming distaste, and with very good reason on these boards, I feel like some intellegent complaints are in order.

CNN won't do anything about it- but they do care about ratings, and while their internet poles are far from real ratings, at least we can hope someone might be wary about such things. With any luck, other professional reporters at CNN will have noticed this fo-pa and said something about it themselves.

8. BuffaloJedi

BuffaloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    Connie's questions to Sam about the subject of Golf were particularly revolting... how off-topic can you get?

9. Sir_Jetweed

Sir_Jetweed Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
    Here's mine, just for fun. I never complain like this, but for some reason Connie really upset me:

CNN,

Was that an interview I saw about Star Wars or a facade? No offense, but when Connie refers to Yoda having a gun instead of a lightsaber (does anyone in the Star Wars Universe have guns?) and question Sam Jackson about his golfing ability I turn off the TV. I want information about a movie. My time is critical. When I watch something, it is for a purpose. Don't fail me again, or I'll be watching ABC or NBC.

Hey, if one of your main anchors can REALLY botch up a simple movie review - I don't want to know what kind of real-life events you misrepresent.

10. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    I also e mailed CNN regarding how disappointed I was with Connie. I told them that the ONLY thing she is good at professionally is read the news. Her interviewing style is too confrontational and erratic.

I hope Lucas never lets her inside the ranch again.

11. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    U know...

I really can't believe Connie Chung.

I mean she is an increadible (insert B word).

Unreal.. I have no respect for that woman in the least.
    :mad:

-dash101

12. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    MD-0

If you could email me with a link to where I can complain about Connie, I would really like that.

alexpappas@yahoo.com

That woman makes me sick.

-dash101

13. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Near the beginning of this thread, someone had the CNN Feedback link posted.
    It may have been in one of the first three pages of this topic.

14. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I don't care that she didn't have even a rudimentary knowledge of SW (although, any good journalist should research their subject, no matter how trivial they feel it is. She got paid a lot of money for doing that and the cost of the movie rentals would have been comped by the network). It's that she was constantly trying to start some *. Lucas has an FX studio, a sound studio, a production company, kids that he adopted and she tells him his whole life is SW. What a dumb *.

15. cc2318

cc2318 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    hey... anybody got a dialogue link for her interviews.

all of this smut i hear is too unbelievable to be true

...but, if i didn't believe you, i wouldn't be here :)

16. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I really can't wait to see Yoda use his trust old Laser Gun!!! :D (~Sarcasm~)

17. cc2318

cc2318 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    yes, the dialogue w/ yoda's gun. ANYBODY GOT A LINK?!

*please?:D*

18. DarthSakroc

DarthSakroc Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2001
    Thanks for the compliments folks. Just trying to bring some joy to this Connie Chung infested world we live in. ;)

You know what's kinda ironic about all of this? That this interview was on Darth Vader's (voice-over) network:

This is CNN. And no, I am NOT Connie's father.

:D

19. martyz24

martyz24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    The Official Attack On The Chung Thread...

Some positive input:

1.) So many interviews at the Skywalker
    Ranch this week.(Are you kidding me!?!)
    2.) Mr. Lucas granting so many one-on-ones.
    3.) The large amount of Ep 2 material
    video/music/docu available for download.
    4.) Unprecented openness of ILM, Fox &
    Mr. Lucas himself these last two weeks.

Overall I can't thank George enough for going on
    the record himself so much, it
    seems he has always maintained a private
    life away from the mega-media allowing others
    to speak for him and his work.

20. DarthSakroc

DarthSakroc Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2001
    Here is the link to the interview transcript:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0205/07/lol.00.html

21. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I'd rather see Wang Chung do the interview.

22. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Some of Connie's more brilliant moments:

CHUNG: You know, the casting director has really made the point of saying there was real angst before they found you because they were looking for somebody who was sweet but also had this toughness, someone who had sort of this evil lurking - an undertone that would come out later as Darth Vader. So is there evil screaming to get out of you?

CHRISTENSEN: Absolutely not, no. I mean I'm an actor. I just pretend. You know, that's the...

CHUNG: Yes, and he plays all the time. Now you're making I mean so many movies. You got something like four coming out. You've made more than 60, so how do you even have time to play golf? I have an answer. I know I haven't let you talk yet, but the answer is, you don't want to get in trouble. You're trying to keep yourself from getting in trouble. Is that a good answer?

JACKSON: By playing golf?

CHUNG: Yes by playing golf and making 60 movies.

CHUNG: What's your golf fantasy?

CHUNG: All right, Frank Oz, just one more question for you. Can I veer you off to a Marlon Brandon story? Forgive me for doing this. You directed so many movies, including "The Score" and in it, I was told that Marlon Brando insisted that someone else direct him during his scenes, is that true?

CHUNG: I understand what you mean now. Now, Rob, you basically took Yoda right at the point at which you need to make him walk, to shoot a gun. I mean there were all of these various activities.

COLEMAN: Well, he wields a light saber. He doesn't shoot a gun.

CHUNG: Oh.

23. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I watched the whole CNN hour long thing live and I forgot how bad it really was after reading that transcript...

24. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Thanks, Bithy. I'm going to haev nightmares again tonight about it now [face_cry} :p

25. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Jetweed, that complaint was pretty good. You sound really angry though and they might blow that off, everyone else please try to be a little more calm and objective when complaining, and show Mrs. Chung what objectivity means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.