main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ***Co Authored w/ Tangled Sphere***Best Served Cold***Exar Kun, OCs***Updated 11/14***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zane-Marit, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Cadens heart pounded as he was jolted awake by a loud knock at his chamber door. He rose and stumbled towards the door, looking at a spot on the floor where he expected Theron to still be asleep. Caden noticed the unfurled blanket laying in contrast to the dark brown, thinly carpeted floor. A pillow still held Therons warm impression imbedded within it. Another knock refocused Caden as its loud echo rolled off the humble quarters walls. He pushed the activation switch and the door slid open to reveal Theron Dem wide awake and fully aware of his surroundings.

?Grab your lightsaber and come with me.? Theron said in a tone just short of commanding.

The look of confusion remained on Cadens face as he scrambled for his lightsaber and hastily threw on a tunic. After a moment Caden deemed himself presentable enough to be seen in the temple hallways and made his way back to Theron, who still stood in the doorway showing no emotion. Recognizing that Caden was ready Theron simply turned and started out into the temple corridors. Caden caught up quickly and fell into step on Therons right side.

?Are we going to discuss last night?? Caden asked in a hushed tone.
    ?Soon enough.? Theron replied sharply.
    ?Well where are we going??
    ?To practice. I have some pent up aggression I want to get out. As I am sure you do, or at least will.?

A confused expression returned to Cadens features as they entered a dimly lit yet familiar room. The room brightened slightly as the two Jedi stepped in. Theron removed his robes as he entered a wide circle in the center of the room. There were many rooms through out the temple like this one. Three small clear lights less than a foot apart were aligned along each wall to help mark the rooms depth. A single light from the ceiling cast a halo effect over the center of the floor. Each room had illumination controls that were located near the access door which allowed the circle of light to expand or contract or disappear entirely. The rooms were relatively small in overall space at fifteen feet by fifteen feet standard but were perfect for close quarters combat training.

Stale air filled Cadens nostrils. He could taste that this room had been used recently. Sweat, energy, life?the Force itself could be sensed to those finely tuned to it. The familiar snap-hiss of Therons lightsaber drew his attention to the center of the circle and Caden watched in silent awe as his fellow knight and best friend practiced his kata with fluid grace. The warm gold glow of the overhead light cast down upon his friend bathed him. Caden felt as though he were watching an angel and for the briefest of moments the events of the past few hours escaped his memory?until.

?You know, there was a reason I told you to bring your lightsaber.? Theron stated as he stopped his warm up routine.
    ?Do you mind telling me why we?re here?? Caden replied as he stepped into the light.

Theron smiled lightly as Cadens blade appeared and he had begun his own kata. Deep inside Theron felt shame, but not for his addictions. The shame had come from his best friend finding him in a rundown lower level spice house. Theron had hoped to explain his vice, his need for it?and what drove him to its lusty call. With a calm confidence Theron entered the circle across from his friend. Face to face with, in Therons mind, the symbolic purity of his innocent friend he knew he could no longer run from his demon. The time had come to face it?Theron decided inwardly that there was no time like the present to come clean.

Theron sensed the confusion and uncertainty in his friend and struck the first blow, a powerful two handed overhead strike.

+++++++

Impenetrable, steel walls. Blankness. The words of Exar Kun teaching her to shield her emotions replayed over and over in her memory as she approached the Jedi Council.

Kehla bowed as she reached the center of the chamber filled mostly she thought, with elder beings, so blind that they were enraptured of their own folly. Someday, they would know true wisdom at her true Master's hands. But un

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well guess Caden is gonna find out then ;)

Uh oh... Gemsaa you better be careful! She's not too happy about this!

Poor Theron :( gotta feel for him.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I feel bad for Theron. I can't wait to see what comes next!

4. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    Not sure where my co-auth has been, but here is the latest...Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading.

?I think you know why we?re here. You need to understand what you witnessed last night.? Theron said as Caden blocked with a strong two handed grip of his own. The sabers remained locked together for a brief moment. ?I want?need for you to understand just what my life has been like the last few years.?

?Go on.? Caden said as he pushed forcefully towards his friend, breaking the saber lock. ?I?m intrigued to know, what could possibly cause a skilled and powerful Jedi like you to act like a destitute lowlife? Let me guess, your going to blame your brief fall to the dark side, or the pressures of living on the side of the light that pushed you to it?? Caden said tauntingly.

The words had stung Theron, he expected them, but to hear them struck a chord. His blue blade flashed before him as he pressed another series of strikes toward his friend.

?Well if you already know the story then I won?t bore you with the details. I forgot that you?re perfect.?

Therons blows had come quickly and Caden dropped back a few steps as he parried and blocked them. ?I am not perfect; I just don?t think I would ever have made the choices that you have.?

?Don?t talk to me about choices. You act as though everything was clear?a right and a wrong choice. It really had come down to a handful of decisions?and a lust for power that I never knew I had.?

Theron continued his assault on his friend and the sound of the clashing sabers echoed throughout the room.

?Exar Kun recruited me at a weak point in my life. I did not see in myself what the council found obvious?I was not ready to become a knight. To be told that made me bitter, I know it shouldn?t have, but it did. It festered into anger.?

Therons attacks continued with a stronger and faster pace as he battered at his friends defenses.

Caden found Therons attack beginning to fatigue him and noticed that he was slowly losing ground, being backed against the wall.

?Exar Kun promised me something the Jedi never could. To be my own man. To live life by my own rules and not be concerned with the petty problems of a galaxy that had nothing to do with me. Caden?you should be thankful to never feel power like that, it changes you, the way you see things?perceptions.?

Caden had been pushed to the wall?and to his limits.

?Don?t dare to presume you know every detail of my life.? Caden exclaimed as he began a series of offensive strikes of his own.
    ?I have felt the temptation of power. The amulet of Aarsatz spoke to me of power, strength. It showed me a galaxy for the taking?to be mine.?

The conviction of Cadens words moved Theron. He had seen the physical effects of the amulet on the living, but he had never touched it?felt its true power, or heard its seductive call. Cadens offensive strikes had pushed Theron back a few steps as his words seeped into his mind.

?If I had held onto that amulet any longer than I did, who knows where we would be now. All I know is that I am glad it was destroyed. Having a piece of it planted in the temple, no matter by whom or for what purpose?I take that personally. As does the council.?

Again the sabers locked. Their energy crackled and hissed like Verpl snakes. Again the friends faced one another eye to eye. Understanding crept into Therons thoughts.

?The council?that?s why you found me where you did?you followed me?on the councils orders!?

Rage flowed through Theron as the realization hit him. He pushed free of the saber lock effortlessly as his anger ran free. Caden had lost his balance from the force of the break and fell to the mat. Cadens expression changed to one of equal parts confusion and fear as Theron approached, his saber held high and a look of madness in his eyes. Cadens eyes remained locked on his friend as he scurried backwards until the wall stopped his reverse momentum. His blade prepared to block the most powerful of blows to come.

In an instant Therons blade vanished along with the hatred.

?I?

5. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Awwww those two are so sweet! Poor gents... hopefully Caden can help him out! I have faith that he will!

As for t_s she was enroute to her next job and traveling sometimes doesn't get her the chance to get online. Hopefully once she settles into the new place she can :)

6. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    I'll wait to hear something more definitive. Sorry that these posts are long in the coming. Hopefully we will be able to get back on track.

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello my co-author, sorry I've been without internet, hope to get this going again :)

8. Zane-Marit

Jul 11, 2003
    YAY!!! Tangled is back....and in a big way.

Defiant eyes met his own as Master Gemsaa walked in on his new charge. She was engaged in an unusual kata, seldom used because of the intricacy of movement, and subtlety of gesture. Gemsaa smiled to himself, yes, many would call it 'boring.' But Gemsaa knew that knowledge of this form, also came with great skill and pride of attainment.

He smiled at the young woman, Kehla Stahn. How different she looked from the shivering victim he had found aboard the doomed freighter ship. She was now composed, he hair once disheveled and caked with blood now clean and tied back. It almost gave her a look of sternness if it weren't for her calm brown eyes that seemed to absorb and reflect each emotion that ran through her mind.

"That was most impressive Knight Stahn." Master Gemsaa bowed slightly as he approached her. "There are not many who can accomplish that kata with such finesse."

The woman flushed slightly before the defiance once again entered her eyes. "I had a lot of time to practice.."

Gemsaa nodded in understanding of the unspoken.. "Not many have come back from what you have endured?another testimony to your inner strength."

Her eyes faltered once again, not being able to resist a smile that was irresistible. Gemsaa smiled back. Here before him was testimony that the soul could not long be trammeled by suffering. "Knight Stahn, I have come to invite you to dinner, if you are brave enough to endure the cooking of myself and my former Padawan."

Kehla's smile grew wider. "I think I have proven I can endure anything, Master." She nodded with a slight bow. " I would be honored."

"Excellent, I will see you at 1700, in my quarters. I don't believe you have met my former Padawan, Caden Zerr?"

An unreadable shiver seemed to move across the woman, that Gemsaa could not read, but immediately she was composed. "I have not, Master. I'm looking forward to meeting with you both."

"Knight Stahn, you must know that the Council placing you under my wing, it is only to ensure your healing. With the strength of will I have seen within you even within our brief meetings, your return to duty will not be long." He watched her shoulders become straighter with these words. "But also know that I am taking you into my Jedi family and you will never be alone, so long as there is life in these old bones."

"Thank you Master, and please," the words seemed to embarrass her as her light complexion flushed, "call me Kehla."

Gemsaa bowed. "Kehla," he acknowledged, "welcome to your new family." Emotions seemed to cloud those brown eyes as he gazed at her. What was it? Regret and fear mixed with hope? Knight Stahn was still a mystery to him. Something he sensed deep within her was injured beyond repair. Yes, the Council was right to place her on probation, and though he knew most injuries could be healed, unless the young lady opened up, it may fester to unknown depths. He clenched his hands behind his back in frustration. He was just not sure, she would ever open up. Master Gemsaa thought of the upcoming meeting between Kehla and Caden. Well perhaps all hope is not yet gone. He found himself looking forward to the upcoming dinner. He knew hope often came from strange places.

Kehla felt the vibration from the hidden chain that mimicked a common necklace around her neck. Her Master was calling her, perhaps tipped off by the mix of emotions that had moved through her at the talk of 'family.' Damn and she thought her shields had been impenetrable. That was one thing she had never guessed when she agreed to be Exar Kun's apprentice: his sheer ability to penetrate her every defense. Finding a sheltered spot in the temple, where she knew no one would interrupt, she knelt down before the necklace that she placed reverently on the ground before her.

The hazy blue image of Exar Kun popped up from the small disk in three dimensional form. She knew the image was there, but didn't dare come up from her kneeling position. "You should watch your feelings, my dark apprent

9. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Hello Zane and our very treasured readers [:D]

I'm excited about getting this going again. Thanks for your patience, hope to have another post soon!

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor girl... the slight chance of feeling and it gets smushed :(
    Master Gemsaa doesn't know what is coming to him!

Exar is evil! But then again we all know that, eh? ;) Great update! :D

11. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Kyn

Hello there! :D I think she is starting to realize what she has been missing, since Gemsaa is so sincere and loving, the opposite of what Kehla has met at Exar Kun's hands.

Poor Gemsaa, he is in terrible danger...and so is Caden for that matter [face_devil]

Thank you so much for reading Paddy Sis! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.