main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Okay, Jedi Nova, we are counting on you for the inside scoop on TRU! And for yo to get the newest figures out on those pegs!
    Congrats!
    Chewierulz, what figure? Any other character but Jar Jar! Actually it would be nice to see some characters in both the 12" and the 3 3/4" that they have not done yet...take your pick!

2. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Okay, Jedi Nova, we are counting on you for the inside scoop on TRU! And for yo to get the newest figures out on those pegs!
    Congrats!
    Chewierulz, what figure? Any other character but Jar Jar! Actually it would be nice to see some characters in both the 12" and the 3 3/4" that they have not done yet...take your pick!

3. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    OK heres the scoop from last night! Put 4.....yes 4 cases of Panaka and Royal Security out. Cases in the back are all old stuff old Collection 2 and POTF Commtechs. And I want to say this.....there is no "employee conspiricy" at least at the one I am working at. Only 1 person that works there is a SW collector the plain fact is that there is tons of old stuff because there just no room on the pegs! You should see the boxes of Commtech readers they have stuffed away too! Now more than ever I an convinced that we will be able to get one of those for less than $5! So thats the scoop, if you want a Panaka and Naboo Security Guard you better get to TRU on Missippi! Have fun!

4. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Hurry OBIWATSON!! Go get me one of each please!!!! Damn, thanks for the scoop Jedi Nova! I vote we name you supreme chancellor of the collecting forum!!

"A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one."

5. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    OK major news.........
    We got the mother load of figure cases in last night, but there is a down side. I would say there were about 10-12 cases of each collection. Collection 1 was the Ani Naboo wave, collection 3 is all Adi Gallia wave...as far as I could tell didnt see any diffrent assortment numbers. And Im not up to speed on what assortments have wich figures......some help please? LOL..... But out of the 10 cases of Collection 2 only 1 had the Holo Sidious, Naboo Soldier figures. Also all the figures have that "Ultimate Jedi Party" contest on the cards. So I guess someone is going to make a seperate display for the figures with the stickers on them so all those new cases got sheved. And NO not even I could get my hands on the new figures even after repeated groveling! LOL So keep your eyes peeled, that elusive Naboo Ani and Adi Gallia are out in force just not on the yet.....

6. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Ooh! Thanks for the scoop, Jedi Nova!
    I was wondering when some new stuff was going to show up! Yes, I second your nomination for supreme chancelor of the collecting forum!
    I saw, I actually saw an Ani Naboo in KB!!!
    So at last the floodgates are opening!
    Don't you love Hasbro's distribution? Ani was scheduled for September, and only now is he hitting the pegs!

7. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    I agree with ya on the Naboo Ani, hes been a long time comming. But part of the problem is the case assortments also. Hes the only "new" figure in that case, so I am sure that hes been in the cases since September but were bought out by the time I ever got to the store. Also there are still a couple of Panakas on the shelves, is he a peg warmer already? Ran across a Panaka and Naboo Guard that were hidden in the isle.....did I find anyones stash?

8. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    OK guys I dont want to brag but .Ive got all the figuers to date including halo sidious and royal gaurd. all fresh off the shelf of the local wal-mart . No ofence but you gotta be faster than the twelve year olds.I would like to help you guys out by grabing hand fulls. but thats not right.
    so keep looking.

9. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Faster than a 12 year old? Sorry JAWAinc but between 2 jobs its kinda tuff! Some of us dont get to go to Wal Mart everyday to look for toys!

10. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    HAY I dont go every day . just on the right day. and it also helps that Im a lot taller than the average twelve year old so that
    you can look on top the shelfs too thats where thouse little b@$*%^eds, I meen angels hide them

11. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    What is up with my Walmart then? Every time I go there and brave those crowds there are never any new figures! Granted I only go every other week but still...where are these new figures? Not in the Walmart closest to me! Poo-doo!

12. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    What is up with my Walmart then? Every time I go there and brave those crowds there are never any new figures! Granted I only go every other week but still...where are these new figures? Not in the Walmart closest to me! Poo-doo!

13. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999

14. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    Super wal mart in commerce city has a ton of anakin naboo. go run fast. I saw at least a dozen .

15. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Poo Doo indeed jedicat! I think Wal Mart is run by big brother. It's the Man trying to bring us collectors down.

Jawa INC indeed the 12 year olds are snatching some figs, but I think it's the SCALPER SCUM that is going every day at 7 in the morning to scoop this up and then charge an arm and a leg. DAMN ALL SCALPERS!! I work 12 hour days and live 2 hours from Denver so I miss alot of figs, but I have "connections" like OBIWATSON to hook me up.

and finally, I HATE SCALPERS!!

16. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Sorry about that triple post! I guess I was really upset!
    Come to think of it, Mr. Walmart does kind of look like Watto, doesn't he?

17. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Yippee! Seven pages. Is this the longest running post still active on the forum?

I agree Wal-Mart is poo-doo. I don't mind the crowds so much when I'm shopping, but Sith preserve me from the check-out lines. Usually there are ten people lined up just in the express line alone! But now, I just pick a good magazine before getting in line. By the time I get to the front, I've been able to read most of what I'm interested in and so I just shove it in with the TV Guides....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sometimes being passive-aggressive is the only way to go.

18. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Wot up Colorado? I finally found Captain Panaka, Naboo Security, &the new Darth Vader today. So I think I'm once again pretty much up to date, except for the new Stormtrooper. Has any one found him yet? Hey Chewierulz, have ya found anything new in the big city of Yuma recently? Let me know if ya want me to pick up anything for you.

19. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    HAY chewie rules wanna buy some of mine I will sell them to you cheap. ohhh say double?
    j/k Im not a scalper just lucky and wouldnt part with any of my 10 anakin naboos.j/k got you again.I only have 9. lol.
    actuly I only have two.one to play with and one for my wife to take in the devorice.and thats no joke.
    SERIOUSLY if you need me to snag any thing for you let me know Ill keep my eyes open.
    super wall marts right up the street from work and I can go on lunch.this goes for all my fellow jedi. let me know what you need and Ill keep a look out .and I wont charge you any extra.

20. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Talking about Naboo Anakin, I saw four, four of them at TRU!!! So go now to the TRU on Mississippi if you need one! They also had a good selection of Darth Maul Tatooines. Finally some new figures, three months late but at least they are out now. At this rate we may even see Darth Sidious Hologram's wave by February or March.

21. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    LOL jwkenobi. I must say that it is nice that SOME new figs are finally making it to pegs. Hey Jedi Nova, wot's the latest scoop??

Deck the Halls with Star Wars shiznit!

22. Jedi Nova

Jedi Nova Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Ya want the latest scoop huh? Well there isnt anything to report. Panaka/Security wave is in stock and clooging the shelves in back. We've only gotten one case of Holo Sidious, and yes I was able to snag one. Plenty of Collection 3 cases....Adi Gallia in back, and the Collection 1 with Ani Naboo. Im wondering if there will be any new POTF commtech cases comming in. There are 4 or 5 of the first wave in back. These figures are NOT selling at all. Same 14-16 figures on the pegs everyday. I put out some more Adi gallia and 1 Naboo Royal Security, that was left over from the Holo Sidious case. Also put out more Panaks. Anyone know when the TC-14 wave is due? Hopefully by New Years! Thats it really, all kinds of Tattoine Mauls and Anis around the store, I didnt think they would be warming the pegs so soon. Oh well if ya know anyhitng about the TC-14 wave, and is the new R2 in the POTF case now, I would love to know!

23. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Well I finally got sick of searching for the new figures, so I got Holo Sidious, Naboo Guard, & the new Stormtrooper on ebay. Just when I think I'm caught up again, more new figures come out. Silent night...Jedi Knight!

24. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    So did the new R2 ever come out?? I heard that the Leia was a choking hazard so they cancelled the run. Any truth to this?

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...A figure of O-bi!

[This message has been edited by Chewierulz (edited 12-17-1999).]

25. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    3 out of 3 walmarts Ive been to tonight have had anakin naboo. 1 out of 3 had panaka and securety.
    so they are her go and get them .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.