CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Padawan

Happy New Year everyone! Be mindful of the force as you enjoy yourselves.
  2. jwkenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah! My first official non-Y2K bug infested post of 2000! Happy New Year!
  3. JAWAinc Jedi Knight

has any body got the new insider yet ?
    the last one I got was the one with aura sing in it. and its been a while . Im geting worried that Im not geting my subscription.

4. JAWAinc Jedi Knight

has any body got the new insider yet ?
    the last one I got was the one with aura sing in it. and its been a while . Im geting worried that Im not geting my subscription.

5. JAWAinc Jedi Knight

sorry for the tripple post.

[This message has been edited by JAWAinc (edited 01-02-2000).]
  6. jwkenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    jawainc. The Insider with C3PO on the cover has been in stores for at least a month now. If you haven't gotten it, you should definitely call the fan club and check things out.
  7. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, that Insider is even out here in the sticks (Yuma, CO). So you know that if it's out here it DEFINATELY is out in Denver. Call em, and say "wot's up?"

Now that the Bronco's season is over wot are we all gonna do?? Watch the Nuggets? ok, maybe not.

Now everywhere I go I see 12 inch Darth Maul. Making me less proud of my Maul everytime I see one. Once again I must say, DAMN YOU HASBRO!!

Anyone seen the "soft lines" figs here in CO?? The only new fig I haven't seen @ Walmart is that confounded R2. Don't hold out on a brotha, let me know wot up!
  8. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry.

[This message has been edited by Chewierulz (edited 01-04-2000).]
  9. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, my name is Chewierulz and I'm a freekin newbie!

[This message has been edited by Chewierulz (edited 01-05-2000).]
  10. jedicat Jedi Master

star 1
    12" Darth Maul? Where??? I have not seen any of those on the shelf since the summer!
    As for anything new, the only figures I have found have been the new 12" Chewie and Leia. I can't find the new 12" Han. As for the 3 3/4 figures I am still looking for Holo Sidious and that wave, not to mention that R2 with holo Leia and of course the soft goods wave! There is nothing new out here yet!
    Sometimes this hobby can be frustrating!
  11. jwkenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm with you jedicat! I did see a HoloSid at Mile High Comics, but I didn't buy it. I didn't think it was that great. I read somewhere that the R2/Leia got recalled because the little Leia was a choking hazard, but I don't think that makes sense because what the heck about all those little blasters and other accessories that come with other figures? Those are bigger hazards.

I'm trying to find Jedi Women Mara Jade, Leia Organa Solo and Mon Mothma. Anyone have any ideas where?
  12. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey jwkenobi,
    I had a hard time as well finding all 3 of those figs. Maybe try ebay, try to get in on a last minute auction...it's worked for me.
    Who else has found the "soft goods wave" ? I'm finally caught up again except for them & of course R2 w/Holo Leia...oh wait I guess TC-14 & R2-B1 are supposedly out now too!!! It never fails, just when I think I'm caught up...
  13. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    OBIWATSON, I must say that your "Wall of Star Wars" is what legends are made of. I like that Qui Gon poster you swiped from Taco Bell too! Oops! I mean permanently borrowed!!!

Chewierulz-because wookies always win
  14. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea, ya gotta love that Qui Gon poster. However I must say I never could have done it w/out my partner in crime who @ this time shall remain nameless. HaHa. BTW if Hasbro doesn't slow down I'm gonna need a bigger apartment.

OBIWATSON...in the hizouse!!!
  15. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    OBIWATSON...in the hizouse!!! Just building up my post count, um I mean nothing new to report here in CO...uh yea that's it.
  16. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    OBIWATSON...in the hizouse!!! Just checking in to say double post!!!!

[This message has been edited by OBIWATSON (edited 01-09-2000).]
  17. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    OBIWATSON...in the hizouse!!! Just sayin triple post...yea I'm a ******* newbie!!!

18. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    OBIWATSON...in the hizouse!!!Just... oh **** this. No wnder this thread has so many ******* posts!!!

19. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think you're gonna need to buy a house with all the SW stuff you have!!

anyone seen soft line figs yet?
    Wot's the scoop at King Soopers?

Oh yeah, Mr Bungle is coming to Denver on the 29th of January. I will be there so does anyone want to do the Official JC meeting then??

I think it would be cool to meet everybody and bs about SW!!
  20. OBIWATSON Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK now that I am done editing all those double posts...still nothing new to report in CO, except my post-X-mas work party...oh yea that has nothing to do w/this topic either.
  21. Chewierulz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where did everybody go?? Okay, quick question: Who has a Commtech reader???? I would also like to know who opens their figs.

Me personally, I do not have a commtech reader. I think commtech is an evil plot by the man (Hasbro) to squeeze another buck out of us. And I open certain figs, if I get doubles that is.

WOT UP COLORADO???
  22. Jedi Nova Jedi Padawan

Hey! Im still here! I havent seen anyhting lately. Last thing I bought around here was the .0000 Scout Tank. I did get a few things from the e-tailer. Like Mos Espa Encounter, for 9.99, and Tatooine Showdown, 19.99, and a Commtech reader for an amazing 2.99! So what did ya wanna know about it? Well I guess I will keep on lookin!!
  23. jwkenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi! I'm still here. I'm a figure opener. I like to play with them before I display them. I have some collector cases I put them in and group them by different themes - e.g. Jedi, Jabba's Palace, Naboo (Now that I have Ric Olie and Panaka, I only need Sio Bibble to complete my "Three Stooges of Naboo" tableau!

I save the cards in a notebook. I finally broke down and got a Commtech reader thing for less that $10. Other than the Gungans, they do a fair job of mimicking the real characters. It was kind of fun to try them all out one night.
  24. jedicat Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm still here. Just nothing to report. I have not found anything new. I can't find any new figures out here!
    I am an opener too. I like to open my figures and see what they can do, and then display them and make little dioramas and scenes when I have the time. I did get a Commtech reader when they were cheap. So of course now it sits there collecting dust! Oh well...if they ever get those chips to actually sound like the characters then I will be ready to use the reader once more.
  25. jedicat Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, another weekend and of course nothing new on the shelves or on the pegs! Anyone else have any luck?
    At least the new Insider came today in the mail.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.