main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    I am jealous!!! Are they taking applications?
    I think Aurra Sing is all right, if a little overhyped! She could be a worthy adversary to the Jedi. And I don't think they have changed the Yoda card yet...if I ever see one at retail I will let you know.

2. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    The last time me and OBIWATSON were at the warehouse we picked up some applications! But I think the 2 hour commute to Denver each morning would be hectic! Especially since I'm ugly in the morning!! (FNM reference)

Where you at OBI??

3. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Hey, I'm kind of late to this discussion, but could someone tell me where the FanClub Warehouse is. Can you just walk in and buy stuff or do have to order it?

I was excited to finally find a Coruscant Amidala tonight at SW Plaza. They were at the computer game store (I can't remember the name of it). They also had the Rebel pilots cinema scene, which my bro-in-law who lives in MN said he's been wanting bad. He said he's found Yoda up there, but none of the new Col. 1 Figs or even Nute and Rune. He can't wait to come here and shop in a couple weeks, so I must find the Warehouse location for him.

I've also heard King Soopers has some good stuff, but it sells out quick. KayBee toys at SW Plaza also got a ton of new stock today. They said all the Yodas sold out quick. They did not get any Destroyers or new Ani, Amidala or Mauls though. The OLD Darth Mauls were there out the wazoo. No trouble finding that one now.

The Littleton Target bites. I've even had better luck at KMart. Walmart hasn't been good for me either. It's too crowded so I think they sell out too quick.

Any scoop I can get on Naboo Ani is appreciated. I love Colorado too!!

4. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    The fan club warehouse is off 1-70 and Peoria. Although I think they are going to move just down the street. (StarWars Fan 77 can back me up on this) They are open til 5 pm, but stop selling figs at 4:30. (I think that's a little odd.) YOu don't have to order anything, just stop on by and pick it up. Although it is a good idea to call first and see if they have what you need in stock. If you want the exact (or new) address just give a call and ask. The operators seem to be very friendly! Yes very friendly indeed.

5. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah, we'll be moving east (I think) towards DIA, but not too far away. A much more modern & nicer facility, but it probably won't be until January now (already gearing up for Christmas!!)

I would definitely suggest calling first before you go. Also, if we release something that sells fast (such as Adi Gallia or Jabba with Hex & Rex) call and place and order and tell them you want to pick it up. You will save on shipping!

Keep your eyes peeled to this forum or Yakface.com or Rebelscum.com. Whenever we release something new & cool, I let them know and post it here, but it is usually up on this board long before Yakface.com posts it.

6. Luke Jivetalker

Luke Jivetalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 1999
    Co in the house! I just had to post being I am a CO freak. The best places to find stuff are:

1) King Soopers, it sounds weird but they always have rare stuff just lying around. Last time I walked in they had 3 or 4 droidekas sitting on an endcap.

2) Wal Mart, 'cus you can get the clerks to grab the stuff from the back.

3) TRU, my brother used to work there, Yes, I did have the hook up.

That's about it, the target is usually picked, as is the k mart.

CO rocks.

7. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Right on Jivetalker! I say we nominate Star Wars Fan 77 for supreme chancellor of the collecting forum!

8. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Thanks for the info on the Warehouse. I'll definitely be checking it out. I found the new Tatooine Darth Maul today at ToyRUs. The clerk said they haven't gotten the new Annie yet, but the rate things are coming out, they should soon. I also found one Destroyer there. I still can't find Yoda. Any suggestions?

9. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    You should try Soopers if you haven't already. Next time I'm in the big city, that's where I'm going!

10. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Chewierulz

jwkenobi, I'm with Chewierulz on this one, try King Soopers. I haven't looked there seriously yet, but I'm about to. Also, I'll keep my eyes peeled at the Fan Club and post it here if we get more in stock (sometimes its anybody's guess what Hasbro will send us . We are at -8 Yodas right now.)

11. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    hay felow star wars fans it might be the fact that the air is thinner , but we rule .the fan club is in denver enough said.
    I am a big three fan wallyworld,came-a-part,nothing are us.just kiddin alltime favorite is fan club.just realized i could buy there.
    later

co lo ra do co lo ra do co lo ra do

12. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Uhhh....Okay....I guess.

I'm really not entirely sure what you were trying to say there, but welcome fellow Colorado Star Wars fan. Even if I didn't understand a damn thing you said, its still great to have you here.

So, just out of curiousity, what store have you had the most success with?

13. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    sorry for being confusing.
    wallyworld= walmart
    came a part =Kmart
    nothing r us=toys-r-us
    just nick names .due to the fact that i usaly cant find anything. stay away from the target in thornton.my catboxhas abetter selection...
    in other words it the island of misfit toys.

14. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Wot!?! No Charlie in the box on the card?? Howz 'bout the polka dotted elephant?

The Target in Lakeside Mall (yes people still go there) sometimes has a good selection. I think that's where OBIWATSON said he got his Yoda. But I must say, other than a few exceptions (lakeside, greeley) that Target stinks.

That soopers thang makes me wish my wife still worked there! (she worked there as a teen.) Would you like paper or plastic?

15. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Lately in Denver there has been absolutely
    nothingnew!!!
    I'll never get to repost in "latest find" until fall at this rate!
    But on a brighter note my Lays poster finally arrived, and it is nice. Small...but nice.

16. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Wot up Jedicat??? Exactly how did you get that Lays poster? Any luck on that Yoda yet? Has anyone gone to that comic/card store up on Wadsworth and like 65th (somewhere around there)? The figs are pretty ok priced. Not like the old Mile High Comics on Federal, their prices are jacked!! At that card store on Wadsworth they have sets of the Series 2 widevision cards for cheap. They're a pretty good set. Peace out, almost time to watch da Broncos!

17. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    shame on you chewie. You no that mile high comics is a bad word.you should be ashamed of your self.bad wokkie BAD WOKKIE.

18. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    As far as the Lakeside Mall Target goes, I was just there today buying a birthday present, & there were absolutely no new SW figs. Just the peg warmers from May 3rd. I guess I just timed it right the day I found Yoda there. BTW which King Soopers are all yau'll finding the new figs at? I must go there.

19. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Well, I know it's not Mile High anymore, but I'm not quite sure of the name. Does anybody know? And do you guys (and gals) know which one I'm talking about? Peace.

BTW I'm a good Wookie! I'll only rip out people's arms!

20. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Colorado Coins, Cards and Comics is the name of the place Chewie. And it's on 67th and Wadsworth. It's my comic store and I've been going there every week for over 12 years now! I haven't been in for a couple weeks so I'll probably be there this coming weekend.
    Catch you all later.

Ps. Have I told you how much I dislike the Dallas Cowboys...

21. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Off topic, but...Bubby, Bubby, Bubby. Why can't you be John? Or even just think your John and say to yourself "What would John do here? Surely not throw another friggin interception and instead throw a TD Pass????"

Nahh, that would be too easy.

22. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    The Lays poster is the one offered if you send in two proof-of-purchase UPCs with one dollar. Mind you, these are from the big bags of chip with Qui-Gon's photo on them, not the regular size! If you want one you had better hurry because the promotion is ending soon, I think!!! And knowing the scalpers they will charge $20.00 for each poster!!!
    As for Yoda, sigh, I still have not been able to find him anywhere, so I broke down and bought him from the Fanclub! I could not wait anymore and was afraid I would miss him under all those Jar Jars and Anakins piled to the ceiling...oh well, at least have him now, I do!!! http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/yoda.gif

23. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Two words.....

BRIAN GRIESE!

24. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Yep. I just heard Bubby got canned.

Two words....TERRELL DAVIS.

Any new Anakin sightings yet?

25. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    No new Anakin, no Adi Gallia, nothing at all out there except the same old stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.