main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999

[This message has been edited by JAWAinc (edited 09-06-1999).]

2. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    hope this works
    http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/yoda.gif

here goes

3. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Hey Jedicat! Wot did you think of the Epic Force figures? Did they look nice or just so so like the earlier ones?

QGJ! Wow the battle droid folds up! Put that at the top of my most wanted list (right next to Tatooine Duel Cinema Scene).

SW Fan 77, wot up? I personally HATE the Denver Post. Does that freeking idiot Woody Paige still write for them? Rocky Mtn. news is the best 'cause they have ROBOTMAN! Now that calvina and hobbes is gone it's the only comic that matters. I mean look at Peanuts. Does anyone care that Snoopy flies a WWII bi plane anymore? Anyway enough rambling.
    Just look out for the Diesel in week one.

And oh yeah, Jedicat I wanted to ask you if you've found Adi Gallia yet. Peace to all my CO homies!

4. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Oh my gosh! I went to the local discount store the other day and they had and EP1 Jar Jar (00 I think). What a find! JK guys, I had JJ since the celebration. Does anyone know any other info on the next celebration? Does the new Insider say anything about it? Hey OBI have you found the Insider on the shelf at Waldenbooks yet?

Those Klingons had better not make the next Celebration or I'm gonna puke!

5. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    I liked the Epic Force figures. Tried to resist them but the sculpting and expressions were just too good to pass up, so of course i bought the two I found--Obi-Wan and Darth Maul. Now all I need is Qui-Gon and the set will be complete. Still have not found Adi Gallia or Anakin Naboo, or the new 12" figures but will keep looking when I get a chance! The new Insider is on the newstands in Waldenbooks and Barnes and Noble.

6. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Chewie: A follow up... I neglected to say in my earlier posts that I did NOT buy either the battledroid or Watto 12" figures because I was out of $$$ at the time. But I left them there where anyone could find them. So of course when I went back last night they were all gone. Easy come easy go I suppose. Besides sometimes it's more fun to throw back the fish so you can try and catch it again!

7. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Try KB. I was just there today and lo and behold, they had new SW figures!!! Yoda and the Destroyer Droid decorated several pegs! And they had the new line of 12" figures consisting of Obi-Wan, Watto, and Battle Droid! I was amazed and surprised! Finally stock is filtering into Colorado!! The thrill of the hunt is back!

8. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    To QGJ and Jedicat---"nice"

Or as Cube would say, "yeah, uh yeah!"

I was saying Woo Hoo when I went to 7 11 this morning and found the new Insider! Although it's not the Sing cover! Dammit Janet! Hey SW Fan 77 is there any way I can get the one with Sing on the cover???

And also Jedicat-you're getting to post an awful lot in "latest find" now aren't ya? Good stuff!

BTW, The Diesel is coming....

9. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Just went to P (SA), I really don't know why. I was just hoping there was some INTELLIGENT discussions going on over there. What's the first topic i see? Vader is really Obi Wan! Gawd I HATE P (SA). Oh well serves me right for going over there huh? But enough bickering, check this out..

http://hotyellow98.com/sidious/fro">

now where did I put that sweet, sweet Colt 45? I'm outie, your sw brotha-Chewierulz!

10. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Chewierulz, the Diesel may be comin', but I'm not sure he's playing. ESPN.com is listing him as questionable for the season opener due to an ankle injury. That would just break my little heart...

Man, stay away from P(SA). Its a cold, nasty place. It is strong with the Dark Side.

11. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. I tried P(SA) too and quickly retreated after a few postings.

12. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    no jedicat, I would stay far away from there. I prefer the nice, comfy surroundings of the Collecting forum. I've also ventured onto SSG. While there are some fun people there, they flame like like there's no tomorrow.

But here, it's nice & I'm happy .

13. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    I've noticed some SSG people over here.
    Oh well, I had to go duke it out w/
    Darth Derringer over at P (SA). Ok man
    we get it, you didn't like TPM, now go
    back to your trekkie site! Oh well,
    'nuff said on that!

SW Fan 77, is there any way I can get
    the Insider with the Aurra Sing on the
    cover? Will they be in comic stores or
    do I have to order it? I know I should
    get a subscription but they only have
    the pony express where I live! Ha! My
    wife actually works for the post office.
    Needless to say I DO NOT argue w/her!

Ahd oh yeah, all great RB's wear the #34. Walter Payton, Ricky Williams, the Diesel, me, it's a # thang!

14. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    I went back to K-Mart tonight and they had just restocked! So I finally got Obi-Wan 12" I am still tempted to go back for the battle droid...
    I can't believe Watto is the price of a 12" figure though. He is no bigger than Anakin! and he only is articulated at the shoulders, head and hips. Just like the 3" figure!

15. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Chewierulz, sorry man, I wasn't trying to ignore your question, just got caught up in the last post...

I'm workin on something here, so I'll let you know by email (I hope the email address you have on the forum is right!)

Also, we need some Bronco moral support at a football thread in Miscellaneous. You know they're the best team, you just need to shout down everyone else in the thread .
    Forum8/HTML/005868.html Forum8/HTML/005868.html

[This message has been edited by StarWarsFan-77 (edited 09-10-1999).]

16. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Right on 77! Hope to hear from you soon! How much do they want for the Anakin 6 inch fig? And how is he articulated? Wot up w/Naboo Anakin? Anybody seen him yet?

THE 99 SEASON IS UPON US, LET US ALL REJOICE!!!!!! Or as Ani would say, "Yippee!" 77 (or anybody) on an off chance do you collect football cards? I'm looking for cards of the Diesel and I could hook you up w/some sweet Bronco cards. BTW the email is correct. On my way to Misc. right now....

17. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Still no sightings of Ani Naboo or Adi!
    And no 6" figures yet either.

18. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey Everyone,
    Still no sign of Naboo Anakin, but I did
    pick up the new Cantina Han & Greedo
    this weekend. Has anyone seen the new
    R2-D2 yet?

19. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Wot up Colorado collectors?!? Just wondering about that 6 inch Anakin. Is it cool? Went to Sterling on Saturday and Walmart didn't have nothing. Still the same ole pegwarmers--but I did get a Dreamcast! ANYWAY everybody on this thread is probably gonna watch the Broncos tonight. My prediction: Denver 27, Miami 24.

Peace.

20. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    GO BRONCOS!!!! yea!!!
    Ahh...football season is once again upon us!

21. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    sob...sob...

I hate Miami. Our defense stinks. Our o-line stinks. Our special teams really, really stink.

They did it to themselves last night.

If the Bears of all teams can beat KC, then I sure as heck hope we can next week!

22. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Yes indeed last night was depressing. First Elway's retirement ceremony and then the Big L.

Just curious, has anyone seen the Mos Espa Encounter Cinema Scene? Is it fairly abundant? And wot up w/Tatooine Duel Cinema scene? has anyone in CO seen the Panaka wave? BTW which figs are in that wave?

Peace to all my CO JC homies!

23. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I last saw the Mos Espa Encounter at Target where they had a whole shelf full of them, but that was a few weeks ago and now they have none! Have not seen either the Tatooine Showdown Scene or the Panaka wave. Heck, I have not even seen Ani Naboo or Adi!

24. StarWarsFan-77

Jun 23, 1999
    Chewierulz,

I did see one of the Mos Espa Encounters at Target, but it was pretty badly beaten up. I haven't seen any Naboo Ani's, Adi's, Panaka Waves, or Tatooine Showdown's anywhere... .

25. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Does anyone ever look for figs at Mile High Flea Market? there is a pawn shop/flea market in olde town Arvada where ObiWatson and I have gone that's pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.