main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey Chewie,
    100 posts...congeats!!! I just thought I would be #100.

2. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Chewie: Over 100 posts! Congrats!
    As for the Mos Espa 3 pack, I would say Target is your best bet. I have seen it there in numbers of over twenty before. However all three figures are of poor quality. The paint jobs are really bad. My roomate bought it, but I am just going to wait for the single figure Sebulba. I can't wait for the dessert battle 3 pack. (Another Qui Gon figure!) As for the Anakin 6"... I think it is kind of lacking in a way, his leather/string "undershirt" is just painted on and the detail is pretty lousy overall. I have found the Pit Droids to be the best 6" figures in the bunch. Plus you get two in the box. Still looking for Adi!

3. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    I also saw the Mos Espa Encounter at KB, down the action figure aisle not in the SW endcap.
    Congrats to the 100th post. Let's go to 200!
    Still no Naboo Ani or Adi yet!

4. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, I finally found Han, Greedo, Gonk, & Luke w/T-16 in a store. TRU got about 4 cases of them. I also met a nice stockboy who talked to me for a while. Said somebody will pay him $100 for the first Adi or Ani that comes in. He's setting them aside, but he said they haven't gotten a single shipment of either one in yet . I can't imagine a scalper being dumb enough to pay $100 for either figure, but the guy swears that the offer is a stading one. Some people are just nuts.

Also saw the 12" Battle Droid at a TRU, but didn't get it because I don't collect 12".

5. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Right on Jedicat! Here we come 200! I have finally seen the 6 in Ani. Man what a terrible fig! I was so disappointed that I spent all my money on Dreamcast games! BTW I hear that Racer is coming for the Dreamcast. I have a PSX, N64 and every other game system you could have, and the Dreamcast beats 'em all. that is until PS2 comes out next year!
    100 bucks for Adi or Ani???? If that was a scalper he'll probably want 300 for them! DOWN WITH ALL SCALPERS!

Now does anyone here go to Mile High Flea Market for SW stuff?? Are there any little flea markets that you might know of that has good SW stuff? Don't hold out on a brotha, let me know!!!

6. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    cheiwe I have been to the mile high flea market a couple times .With all most no luck at all. Idid manage to pick up a couple of potf . there is a lady that sells stuff but she never had anything new so I gave up.

7. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I too have seen the 12", well, actually 6" Anakin. Spotted it in a TRU of all places, but they did not have the R2-D2 or the Pit Droids so I decided to wait and maybe order the whole set from JCP. And why is Anakin posed like he is about to run in a marathon?
    Still no Ani Naboo or Adi...maybe some day they will make the retail stores!

8. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    TIME TO PANIC! The frickin Chefs??? Please come back John!

I've got a really interesting question for everybody.

Do you think that EP1 only figs will appear on EP2 cards? Remember Greedo came on an Empire and Jedi card, and there were others too! Wouldn't it be cool/wierd to see Darth Maul on an EP2 card? Let me know wot u all think!

9. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999

I know most of you know some body on here.
    But I on the other hand dont. So what I'm thinking is that we should all meet up together some time. I would love to put a face with a name. IT would be a true fanclub
    meeting. We could do it once a month or something like that.

Let me know what you think?

10. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey JAWAinc,
    That is a great idea. Me & Chewierulz have been talking about that too! We could all meet somewhere for dinner or something & talk about SW. That would be awesome! What does everyone think?

11. Jadesfire

Jadesfire Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    Hi just got on this thread. Pretty cool! I live in C Springs and have no luck with 12 inch figures of anykind. By the twin suns!! So anyways any help my way would be cool.

12. QUl-GON JlNN

Jul 26, 1999
    I just want to put my vote in for the first ever OJCC (Official Jedi Council of Colorado) meeting.

Something needs to be done just to pull me out of this Post-Elway funk I'm in...

13. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Yes indeed...Why did Elway have to retire? So has anyone in CO found Naboo Anakin yet?

14. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    lets get a plan started . I figuer we could do it in a month or so. when, where?

15. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Jedi Youngling

May 30, 1999
    Whoa! cool fro!

http://hotyellow98.com/sidious/fro">

16. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Jedi Youngling

May 30, 1999
    Whoa! cool fro!

http://hotyellow98.com/sidious/fro">

17. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    "Nice"

Good idea JAWA Inc.! We'd have to meet somewhere that is central for all of us. Since I'm from a small town and don't know my way around Denver very well I'd need to hitch a ride w/OBI. OBIWATSON-we could make it that Wed. night before we leave for Vegas!

18. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    I've been gone for awhile, but have not forgotten. I still have seen no Naboo Anakins, but I did find one of the Tatooine Showdown cinema scenes this weekend. It was the only one I saw. I let my brother-in-law buy it since he has most of the others and I don't. The Mos Espa scene is easy to find now.

I think we need Darth Sideous to take over as offensive coordinator for the Broncos and Yoda for defense!

19. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Yeah, yeah, the OOJC!!! Sounds great to me!
    We should all go the Continental while it is still showing TPM!! Wouldn't that be a blast?
    What do you think the new color of the EP2
    cards will be? Or will they be red like the EP1 cards?

20. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Jedicat! Wot up? I think that the cards for EP2 will be blue and have Anakin's face on them instead of Maul's. Now do you think that EP1 only characters (like Maul) will appear on EP2 cards? I kind of hope they do, one more Maul to collect.

So Tat. Showdown is out, huh? I gotsta hit the stores! As far as everybody meeting the Continental sounds great, although I think we should go out to eat somewhere so we can all BS about SW!

21. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Dinner & a movie huh? sounds like a great idea to me. Just name a place & time & I'm there. Damn I love Star Wars. BTW Chewie, I got my Spacetrooper today.

22. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Right on OBIWATSON! Has anyone out there played the SW Trivial pursuit?? Was it just me or were those REALLY easy questions? Seemed like every answer was Coruscant!

"WOT UP COLORADO!?!"

23. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    So when we gonna do this thing CO collectors?

24. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    You guys make the call.I'm open saturday afternoons,sundays,and week nights after 6. the best time for me would be in the middle of the month.

25. QUl-GON JlNN

Jul 26, 1999
    Hello! Adi and Anakin (Naboo) are out!!!
    I just got them at Wal-Mart. Out of 4 cases of figures they had 3 Adi's and 4 Anakins.
    Any ideas for the Council meeting? Time/Place? I work nights so weekends are probably better in that respect.

Also the 14th is kinda on hold for me...

ANAKIN: Jedi Knights don't get called for Jury Duty!

QUI-GON: I wish that were so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.