main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Hey! Everybody I have great news!! Today one of the girls that works for me came to the office and said "I've got a present for you." That present just happened to be a DESTINY can!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!! Needless to say I'm going to give her a raise!! I can't believe it, I thought all the F&#((&% pepsi workers stole them all! "Nice"

Wow jury duty, that sucks.
    Weekends are ok for me. Let's do this thing.

2. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Mooie - Mooie! I luv yous Qui-Gon Jinn. After reading your post I hit Walmart (somewhat grumpily, as I always seem to get there when no new figures are out and it is a crowded mess in the place) - and lo and behold - tons of new figures! Now I finally have all the ones I want (for now, until the next crazy wave comes).

Yippeee!!!!! I finally have my Jedi Anakin. Now I can put him in my collector case with Obi-Wan where he belongs!

3. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Well, I'm gonna whine! I went to Walmart, the only one within miles of me and they did not have anything new! No Ani Naboo, no Adi, nothing! I was so depressed! I am never going to find those two figures, and as for the Capt. Panaka wave, forget it!
    And forget the movie, guys...TPM is no longer playing at the Continental! Boo! What else could go wrongo today?

4. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Wow. The Broncs just went down to the Bucs. How bout those Nuggets??

I went to super Kmart in Greeley and Target in Greeley yesterday. Me and ObiWatson thought it'd be cool to check for figs. Well we found Luke w/T16 (wot's up w/that pose??) and 12 in. electronic Darth Maul. I've heard people rag on that Maul, but I thought it was alright.
    And for Hasbro's next Tatooine Luke I say they make a "bed head" Luke, like when he first gets up in the morning. His hair could be a mess and he could come with an empty cup just waiting for some blue milk!

5. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    0 & 3 Broncos... Yes that Luke? The pose is ridiculous. Well TPM is still @ the drive-in!! Maybe we'll just have to wait until it goes to the $ movies. We must get together soon, @ least before Vegas, Eh Chewie.

6. QUl-GON JlNN

QUl-GON JlNN Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 1999
    Hey TPM is playing at the cheap movies at 64th and Sheridan! Super Saver Cinemas. Just as an idea. I just checked last night.

7. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    TPM is still around the Denver metro area - don't despair. I've seen it at the Cinderella City Drive-In too.

I agree - what's up with Luke flying his toy plane like that. Between that and the figure with him and his floppy hat, he's just plain silly. I want to see a new version of Jedi Luke in his cool black outfit or, better yet, the bulging biceps Dagobah Luke.

8. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Broncos

I have been in a week-long depression leading up to Sunday, and now its only worse. There is only one good thing I can see out of this entire deal. We can now weed out the bandwagon jumpers.

Star Wars

At least there's something still right in the universe.

9. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Who does everyone think should start the next game? I think we've had enough of the "quarterback of the future". Let's give Bubby another crack at it for a few games. I mean, at least the Broncos (esp. Terrell Davis) won SOME games last year when he started for Elway. It might be our only hope. I don't know enough about Miller. Maybe he'd be best, but I think the rest of the team would probably be more comfortable playing with good ole Bubby again.

10. QUl-GON JlNN

Jul 26, 1999
    I say trade all three and get Bret Fav-RUH. He definately played like Elway on Sunday. Don't get me wrong I am in NO way a Packers fan. I would just like to see the Broncos do SOMETHING this year.

11. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Personally I'd like to see them stick with Griese. I feel the only true weakness he's shown (other than lack of experience) is that he hasn't thrown long with much success. This will come along, hopefully soon. Once he can, defenses will HAVE to spread out or get burned by Rod & Ed all day long. As soon as they spread out, Terrell is coming up the gut and the Broncos will be back in business.

I think it would be bad for team continuity and morale if we keep switching QBs everytime things get tough. Griese will be a good QB soon, we just have to be patient and take our lumps in the process. Don't forget Elway's first season at the helm. It took until December for him to start looking good.

12. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Well, I do think a knee jerk switch would be bad for team moral. BUT, let Miller prove why he was a Pro Bowl QB. as long as he can stay healthy, he's the best option. Griese will be a good QB in this league, as Yoda said, "Patience it is time for the Jedi to eat as well." ????

Hey Colorado JCers, when are we doing this SW thang???

13. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    I guess this whole quarterback thing is giving me eery flashbacks of when I went to Purdue and Jeff George was a freshman. Even though we had a perfectly respectable junior quarterback, the coach made George the starter. Jeff George acted like a spoiled brat about the whole thing on top of it. Well, the season was a disaster, and the coach ended up getting canned. Then George left because he didn't think the new coach would let him pass enough so he could show his God-given abilities as the greatest quarterback to ever walk the Earth. So he transferred to Miami, but then he left there before he the season even started because they had recruited another hotshot high school quarterback. Uggh.

Years later, when I lived in Indianapolis, the Colts spent a prime draft pick and ungodly amounts of money to acquire George as the new, hometown hero, QB. He and the team both stunk, not because of any lack of talent on George's part, but because he was more concerned about his own statistics than winning ball games. He had no leadership ability because everyone knew he was just out for himself.

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't prejudice my opinion of Griese from past experiences. He may very well turn out to be a good leader and team player who will lead the Broncos to many victories. I think what bothers me is Shanahan's insistence that he will keep starting with Griese even if the rest of the team has to go down with the ship.

People point out that Elway had a bad first season, however, he also got benched during his first season. There's no shame in it if it's what's good for the team.

Oh well, enough of my opinions. I just hope they beat the Jets Sunday and that noone even CONSIDERS trying to acquire Jeff George from the Vikings!

14. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    gimmy an R
    gimmy an A
    gimmy an I
    gimmy a D
    gimmy an E
    gimmy another r
    gimmey an S
    what does that spell

RAIDERS
    WERE NUMBER 1
    Sorry guys I know the fealing of havin a loser team.

please john come back
    ha haha haahahahhhaaaaaaaa

reminds me of the end of titanic
    small frail voice " john john well never let go "

[This message has been edited by JAWAinc (edited 09-29-1999).]

15. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    The freekin Raiders?!? Well they do have a killer D, but no team w/Rich Gannon as QB will go to the Super Bowl.

Hey CO JCers! Let's do this get together thing on Friday Oct 8th. sound good to you???

Let me know "wot up."

16. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    definatly a bad weekend chewie gotta got to the dentist. how about the next weekend ?
    wizdom teeth suck.

17. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Wisdom teeth? Been there, done that! My sincere condolences.
    If I go it would have to be a weekend, a Saturday preferably...did we ever decide what we are going to do, and where we are going?
    Besides storming TRU, of course!
    If you guys are going to spend the time commiserating about the Broncos I will give this little shindig a pass...

18. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey Jedicat,
    W/ the Broncos 0-4 start I seriously doubt there's much to talk about. It's too sad But whenever everyone decides on a place & day to meet I'm there. The 1st ever CO collectors get together will rule.I'm looking forward to it. Let's do it soon.

[This message has been edited by OBIWATSON (edited 10-05-1999).]

19. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Here's the days that DON'T work for me....
    Oct 15,16,17-best friends wedding
    Oct 22-Mr Bungle show in Boulder!!
    Oct. 28-31-Me and ObiWatson going to Vegas baby!!!!

Besides those aforementioned days I'm good to go anytime. Let's set something up and do this thang!!

How 'bout we start out by going to Red Robin, Benigans or one of those other type restaurants. We can BS about SW all night and storm TRU afterwards. We can always see TPM later. Let me know wot up!

20. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Dare I ask what Mr. Bungle is?
    From all of those dates you are busy I'm thinking we may have to move this special
    thang to November...probably before Thanksgiving would be best. The restaurant thing sounds good...how about the Macaroni Grill in Cherry Creek and then we can storm FAO and demand them to lower their outrageous prices???
    On another topic, TRU has dozens, and I mean dozens, of the latest 12" releases--Obi-Wan, Watto, and the Battle Droid. I have never seen so many in one place! But of course that little rascal Ani Naboo remains yet to be seen...anywhere!

21. QUl-GON JlNN

Jul 26, 1999
    I myself am thinking November does sound better. with the exception of Thanksgiving, I should be free any weekend then.

I've seen Adi at TRU twice now. But I've only seen Anakin one time. And I bought the one I saw. (Roomate bought the only other one out of the case.) They are out there though. It's just one of those right time- right place deals.

22. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    how about we do the cheery creekthing ?
    how about NOV 13in the afternoon?
    and I'm sorry but I'm wanna those guys you all hate. I already have two anakin naboos

23. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Nah, I don't hate you...anymore! I stopped by TRU tonight and actually found an Ani Naboo!!! He was back in the AF aisle, not in the main SW display, and he was just hanging on a peg behind some pegwarmers. Good thing I chose that peg to glance through...so now I finally, finally have that little padawan! I must be one of the last on this forum to find him!

24. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    jedicat, I'm happy you found your Padawan Annie. He is just too cute isn't he? I put him in my collector's case next to Obi-Wan, just like in the movie. Of course, I also have old Obi-Wan and Vader going at it in another section. The irony of it all!

I don't know about you all, but I thought the Naboo Anakin was, without a doubt, the biggest pain in the butt to find so far. What do you think the next "hot" figure will be?

25. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    That is hard to say...probably the next wave the way distribution is around here!
    Has everyone agreed on this November 13th SW meeting in Cherry Creek? Sounds good to me.
    Lunch and then storming FAO...a gang of SW collectors? That store will tremble! ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.