main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CO Collector's Sound Off! *Plus Bonus!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Chewierulz, Aug 18, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewierulz

Chewierulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 1999
    Wow! Thanks jwkenobi. Looks like OBIWATSON and I will be searching Costco tonight.

Well my fellow Co JCers, it's the day before OBI and I leave for Vegas. Please do me a huge favor and keep this thread up while we're gone. We're gonna miss you guys! We've even talked about finding some place to log on so we can check out our favorite BB the JC!!

As far as the Nov 13th thang. Wotever we do sounds great to me!! Hey jwkenobi, can you make it that day?? Let's take a "roll call" if you will to see who can make it.

Count me in!

2. OBIWATSON

OBIWATSON Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey jwkenobi,
    Thanx for the info. We'll check it out tonight. Las Vegas is gonna be the shiznit.

3. StarWarsFan-77

StarWarsFan-77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    Sorry guys & gals, but I have been effectively removed from the loop of the Fan Club news . I started a new job in October, leaving the Fan Club. This new job has also had me traveling for almost the entire month, which should explain a long absence from posting here.

While I do still have friends at the FC who will toss me a tidbit from time to time, I can no longer get the regular old info. on the warehouse sale, etc. Bummer...

4. jedicat

jedicat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Well, there goes out insider source! Just kidding, good luck with the new job!
    Still no Panaka wave seen at the stores...only sales on the old peg-warmers that are not moving fast enough to put out the new product.

5. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey everyone we're back from Sin City. I'm suffering that post-Vegas depression & need something to look forward to. So wot's the plan for the 13th?

6. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    I have to work on the 13th in the AM. I'm still going to try to hit the FanClub Sale in the afternoon though, so don't take all the good stuff! Have fun!

7. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    So tell us about Sin City, specifically the big FAO there. Did you have a drink at the Cantina? How was their selection of SW figures? Did you bring us anything?

8. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    Does anyone out there know the best place to find the older figures in the Denver area? I've been to Mile-Hi Comics and All C's Collectibles and found some stuff, but I know there's got to be better stores out there somewhere.

9. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    As far as older figures go that could be tough in stores here. Try Walgreens or Rite Aid. In downtown Denver Xeno's has a pretty good selection but the prices can be high.
    Do not go to Starland, if it still exists, because they are way overpriced on everything they carry!

10. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    hay i just wanted to let you know I will be at the starwars sale on sat.
    i will be the phcyco beating up little kids for stuff
    so if any body wants to meet up let me know. or its every fan for him self.

11. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    I am hoping to get to the SW sale too on Saturday but I don't know about Cherry Creek at the moment...too many things are happening at once on that day.
    Has anyone seen Captain Panaka at retail yet?

12. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Hey Jedicat,
    Yea we checked out FAO a coupla times while in Sin City. Unfortunately we never timed it right to meet GL himself there. They had a ton of stuff. But no Naboo Anakin's or Panaka's. We had some nachos @ the cantina. Ahh...memories of Vegas!!!
    So wot up for this Sat? I'm still down w/whatever everone decides. If not this weekend we definately should do it soon.

13. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    lets do it some other time .I have to mommy sit that day . you only get one mommy thank god mine wants to go to the sale.

14. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Wot up fellow CO JCers?!? Man I'm still recovering from Las Vegas! yeah,t he FAO was very cool. We took a ton of pics. The dudes at the cantina said that GL does actually go there to check up on things. They also said that James Earl Jones went there to do the voice for the lifesize Vader! Cool stuff. No sign of Panaka out here in the sticks. And yes, to ObiWatson you listen. If we do this Sat that is cool, but if we don't we MUST do it soon. So who all is going to the sale Sat morning???

15. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    All right, it sounds as if this Saturday we are all going to be at the FC sale, so I guess we will have to postpone our little jedi council. I am looking forward to the sale, and seeing the Warehouse as I have never been there. Should be exciting! Won't it? Anyway, should we meet up sometime in December, or just wait and do it in the year 2000???

16. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    On my way out the door now. have fun guys.
    and mtfbwya.

17. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Well, I went to the warehouse sale. I was not impressed. It is waayyyy the heck out of my area for one! And then when I got there all of the merchandise was stuff I had seen before. Great prices on the actions figures but I already had all those on offer. And in one corner there was what can only be described as a feeding frenzy of fanboys over the action figures, doled out in boxes and then one at a time...it was rather peculiar and almost, dare I say it...beanie babyish?
    Anyway, I did not get anything but at least I know what I had been missing beforehand.
    Nothing.

18. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Yeah, the fanclub is in BFE. Hey Jedicat, did you have trouble finding the warehouse?? The first time I went there I did. Of course out here in the country you just have to watch out for cattle and not traffic!

19. JAWAinc

JAWAinc Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    check out my reply in the threed about the sale .

a few of you are fellow jedi the rest a filthy Imperialstic scum.

20. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    It wasn't hard to find but a long drive into no-man's-land. Why can't it be more centrally located, like in Denver?
    As for the sale...phooey!

21. OBIWATSON

Jun 12, 1999
    Well it doesn't sound like I missed out too badly. I didn't make it to the sale. I don't even know what all has come out recently. Last I heard was the Panaka wave (which I still don't have yet). Is anything else out yet? & when are we gonna do the CO JC collectors thing?

22. jwkenobi

May 26, 1999
    I suppose we could start a new CO collectors thread, but I definitely think we should keep it going, because I've found out some great hunting tips here!!

As for the sale, I did get some good bargains, but the selection was POO-DOO!! But I think even on a regular day, the fanclub selection is iffy. Hopefully that will improve when the new showroom is done. We need to make Colorado the capital of the collectors universe!!

23. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    Hey OBIWATSON! I was just re reading this thread and I saw that we never told our JC homies about the SAt night before Halloween! So here goes.

We dressed up like Obi and Qui Gon. OBIWATSON was Qui Gon, cause he has long hair. Anyway, we walked up and down the strip in Vegas and everybody recognized us! It was so freekin cool. People were honkin and saying "May the Force Be With You!" We had our lightsabers (and beer) and sometimes we'd duke it out for people.

We even saw these stupid TREKKIES!! (sorry if any of you are) I hate Trekkies, esp the Klingons at the Celebration. Anyway, this guy and girl were dressed up like freekin Klingons. So we flashed them "westside" instead of that Vulcan thing and said, Dammit Jim, I'm dead! SW is just so cool cause everybody knows and loves it. And those that don't are idiots.

There was even this guy (from Germany I think) that said, "May force be you" Then his translator friend whispered to him and he said "MTFBWY" Man, I love SW. It's the best.

Well, hope you guys (and gals-Jedicat!) enjoyed the story. Whenever we all "hook it up" we'll have to show ya pictures!

Wot do you all think of the 12 inch electronic figs??

24. jedicat

Jul 15, 1999
    Sounds like fun! Two Jedi on the prowl in Las Vegas...I get the feeling that Yoda would approve.
    I have been very disappointed in the EP1 Electronic Figures! Apart from being smaller than the regular 12" ones, the sounds and voices are terrible. And Qui-Gon just looks incredibly p...well, let's say very upset to put it mildly.

25. Chewierulz

Apr 12, 1999
    My boss got the 12 inch electronic Maul and was going off how cool it was. I've seen it in stores, but haven't gotten it (yet). I just don't know, I want to collect every Maul item but that thing is almost ridiculously silly!

Now watch, I'll probably go buy it this weekend! DAMN YOU HASBRO!!
    er, I mean thank you Hasbro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.