main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars CockKnocker: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    I just had to post this because . . .

A: It was the most fun I've ever had doing a costume

B: It's still technically Star Wars related since it comes from Kevin Smith who put Mark Hamill in that costume and had him wielding a Bong Saber as well as referring to himself as a Jedi master verbally.

Here's the finished product.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Cock%20Knocker/Costumes039.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Cock%20Knocker/Costumes038.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Cock%20Knocker/Costumes037.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Cock%20Knocker/Costumes035.jpg

I bought a yellow wig and styled the hell out of that thing to get the spiky look going on.

Let me tell you something. Sewing with Lycra is no picnic people. Make sure your needles be sharp and your patience be high. I had to coninually make adjustments making the suit smaller and smaller until it became properly form fitting. I used yellow and black broadcloth and sewed it into the outfit for the borders. Dammit my watch is showing. grrrrrr

The cape was sewn as all one piece. It took some figuring to get the shape right and I'm still not satisfied with the collar but it's ok for what it is at the moment. I may go back and sitffen that up a bit. But between the foam insert in the top of the cape to drape over my shoulders and the velcro attaching it to the bodysuit that thing didn't go anywhere, even in the windy city of Chicago.

I ordered yellow boots and got black ones 2 days before the con. Oh well, no biggie I shipped em back afterwards and got the yellow ones afterward. I'm happy now.

The fist is my favorite part of the story. Back then foam latex scared the pants off me so I did some serious homework. I tracked down the production company who made the fist for the orignial Cock Knocker. An outfit by the name of Vince Guastini productions. I talked to him on the phone and asked him if he could make me one and how much it would cost to do.

He said and I quote "Well the mold we used only has two pulls left before it's trash so I'll make you one for the cost of materials as long as you can secure permission from Kevin Smith."

Oh yeah that should be easy. Dear lord. So anyway, I get on the hook with View Askew and I don't know if this is still the case today but back then his mother in law was opping the phones. I told her my story and that I had no reason or desire to sell the fist. Could she please call Kevin and ask him if it's ok. I didn't expect to hear back form them at all but 3 days later I got a thumbs up. Long story completed, I now have a Cock Knocker fist made by the same company who made it for the film and it was pulled directly from the mold that they based off Mark Hamills own hand.

If I ever meet the guy I should ask him to sign it lol.

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Looks good, but one question.

Why are you fighting Neo?

3. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    LOL a former fellow fanforce member, Steve Bornhoeft. He was at the Con with me and we thought that might be a funny pic.

You may know him as this guy though ;)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20Premiere/wookiespank1.jpg

He's the one doing the spanking.

4. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Now THAT is truly awesome. Well done, good sir. Well done.

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *Dies. Just...dies.*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now that is priceless.

6. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    LMAO [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That costume rocks. Well Done :)

7. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]¿If you made your suit, why didn't you make it more colour accurate?

Forgive me.

I think your costume is excellently wrought. I believe this demonstrates just how much you do care about accuracy--which for my two credits was never in question. ¡Bravo! Extra kudos for choice and orginality in costume.

Well done,
    Thomas[/color]

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    It looks great, and looks like the sort of costume that is a lot of fun to wear too :D

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    tip for sewing any stretchy material. use the zigzag stitch. i love kevin.

10. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Why not turn a plastic bong into a bong saber..... wire the inside like you would a saber and add an EL blade...voila, bong saber.

Classic costume..... Me likey....

11. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Love It!!! Great idea!!! :)

12. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Actually I do have a method for the bong saber. It's just a very basic white outer casing and the hole in the fist is made to accept it so I'm going to take my parksaber, put the casing around it and just use that. Voila, instant illuminating bong saber.

Before I left the US I was trying to get my Buddy Lance to do Bluntman and we were going to hit DragonCon like this. He's the perfect build and facial structure to pull a Bluntman off nicely. Oh well.

13. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    WAIT!!

CK didn't have a bong saber, he had a vibrator-saber. Even easier to make! :)

14. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Awesome costume idea, and well-executed :D

15. Danis_Organa

Danis_Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    LMAO... You have a freakin CockKnocker costume!!! That's hilarious...

16. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Great job! and that is coming from a Jersey Guy!

~DG~

17. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Man, this just fuels my desire for a Bluntman costume...

great job!

18. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Hey if someone wants to do Bluntman I will show up at a DragonCon or something and we'll do the whole, 'unable to move from the spot where the pictures are being taken' thing.

19. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    lmao... If I manage to make one by then, you're on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.