main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cocktails in the Cosmos: April 15

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey guys, just got this over at the 501st boards so I wanted to pass it along:

Thread

Hey all,

The (Unofficial) Makaze Squad is going to be hosting the area's third FL501st related "Cocktails in the Cosmos!" Its at the Orlando Science Center (www.osc.org). The event will be on April 15th from 7P to 11P. We usually get there around 6P. This is a really fun, mello troop. Changing room, food and drink will be provided for anyone trooping. Food and beverages (alcohol too) will also be available for purchase throughout the Science Center. This event is open to any Sci-Fi nut! Rebel Legion, 501st, Klingon's, Trekies, Joe's, Cobra's, Tomb Raider's (Moshi, they want Luara Croft to make an appearance) etc.

This is a great event to bring your children to for all the exhibits will be open. Its even a nice "date" environment. If the night permits you are allowed to take advantage of the observatory and other high powered telescopes they offer. There will also be some talent that the OSC provides in addition to science demonstrations and a movie. Its basically a party for all ages (families, couples, singles) that is held throughout the Science Center. The event caters to all ages and does a good job at that.

All members are welcomed to make the trip. We usually go out afterward and let loose at a local resteraunt. Anyone from out of town that would like to crash at my place is welcome. Just remember, I have CATS! I can sleep about six people at my place if need be so just let me know. Please start posting so I can foward a head count come closer to the event date.

I am also working on us having a table at the event so if that is a go, we could use a few volunteers to man the table. I will be also inquiring about setting up someway to get donations to the family of Christian Stafford and possibly Katie Johnson. I will keep you all posted on this.

Please spread the word to family and friends. Admission is minimal and the OSC is a non-profit organization just like us. Feel free to post any questions. Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.