main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Cody's Betrayals **Order 66 vignette starring Commander Cody**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Tyler, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    Title: Cody?s Betrayals by Tyler

Summary: Commander Cody?s thoughts in the moments before he gives the order to fire on Obi-Wan and after he orders the search for his body.

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.

?Commander Cody, the time has come,? Sidious instructed. ?Execute Order 66.?

Clone Marshal Commander 2224, otherwise known as Commander Cody, hesitated momentarily before responding.

?Yes, my Lord,? he answered, attaching the holoprojector back to his belt.

The moment was upon him. For two years he?d known it would come to this. Cody knew that his Jedi General, Obi-Wan Kenobi was a capable leader. The men under his command trusted him and respected him. Cody trusted him with his life.

He?d know it would come to this. He hadn?t counted on Obi-Wan Kenobi becoming his friend. He?d not counted on not wanting to follow an order.

But he followed it anyway. He looked to his men and gave the order.

?Blast him.?

The cannon fired and Cody watched helplessly as his General, his friend was thrown from his varacytl mount by the blast. He watched in stunned horror as Obi-Wan fell, his blue lightsaber blazing. He watched in morbid fascination as the Jedi hit the water below.

Cody knew, somehow, that Obi-Wan had survived.

?Did you find Kenobi?? Cody asked his men.

?Sir, no one could have survived that fall,? one of the troopers answered.

He knew that was wrong. Kenobi had survived.

?Send the probe droids into the catacombs to find him,? Cody ordered. ?I want to see his body.?

?Yes, Sir,? the men chorused.

Cody watched them go.

?Sir, the probes indicate that Kenobi?s body is not in the catacombs,? a trooper reported.

Cody nodded impassively. ?Start loading your men on the ship.?

As the troopers began boarding the ships, Cody turned to face the nearest landing platform. It was then that he realized?

?Sir, General Grievous? starfighter just took off.?

Cody immediately turned his eyes skyward. He could see the starfighter rocketing towards the blackness of space and he knew that he?d been right.

Kenobi had survived.

A small smile crossed Cody?s face then. Kenobi had survived Order 66. He?d survived the betrayal of the Republic. He'd survived the betrayal by a friend.

Cody wondered then what might happen to him if Sidious ever learned that he let Kenobi leave.

It didn?t matter, he decided. Kenobi was his friend. Perhaps in his survival, salvation could be found.

?Mount up, let?s get out of here,? he ordered.

?Yes, Sir.?

If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country~~~Edward M. Forster

2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    It's not half bad. It just seems to lack a certain heart. There doesn't seem to be much feelings behind Cody, nor even if he questions what he had done is right or wrong. It's quite vague, barely touching on any of the subjects it seems to want the reader to desperately obtain.

Unless you were purposely going for this. I understand it's a One Shot, just seems TOO small and lacks substance. It's very well written, don't get me wrong, you have talent, it's just in the way it's laid out that the story is flawed. You call it a betrayal, but there doesn't seem to be any, since you really don't touch on much personalizing of the situation.

I know what Order 66 is, everyone does, but this is just movie scenes cut together with some added narrative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.