main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Coffee and your job

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Oct 2, 2012.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I've only had it at Penn Station in NYC about 5 or 6 times. It is by far the worst out of Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts and them.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I will totally be xenophobic or reverse-xenophobic or whatever when discussing that watered-down horse piss known as Bud. Or Michelob. Or Coors.

But I like Starbucks.

I'll drink coffee in Australia some July or another. I say July because it's too damn hot any other time of year.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have a co-worker whose life seems to depend on coffee. He carries a ceramic mug and a Thermos around all day. He's even emphasized how people should make the most of their movements and time yet I've seen him drag something with one hand while carrying the Thermos and mug with another. I don't know why he won't just drink it out of the Thermos. In addition to this he smokes more than anyone else I've ever seen. People relying on such crutches just look so weak and sad.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

What are you talking about? It's the coldest month!

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    . . .Yeah. That's what she just said.

jp-30 likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is that café con leche stuff coffee? (I ask because my Spanish is crap, so I just rolled with whatever the waiters in Spain gave me) Either way, that stuff really made me reassess my outlook on American coffee.

7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I don't like coffee and I don't have a job.

Unless you call grad school and intern searching a "job" (which is kinda is). Hell with it, I'm tired at the end of the week, and I make a commute every morning and evening. It's a job,

8. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My new job is at a medical diagnostic facility and these results don't surprise me. Mandatory overtime, people working 60+ a week, and free coffee machines everywhere. [face_plain]

9. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    First sip of coffee in the morning...

[​IMG]

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that's the point. I prefer cold weather.

June might be OK.

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Krispy Kremes donuts are way too sweet. Did they have to dump sugar into the custard center as well?

Tim Hortons used to be good.....

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'm talking strictly coffee here. Not the diabetic shock that goes with eating a half of a donut from them.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Tim Hortons used to be good when it was Canadian company. But when Burger King bought them out. They changed something, not too thrilled about that....

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I don't care for the donuts they make. It has a very processed taste about them. And the jelly is bizarre.

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    processed? They still make them from scratch over here. What do you mean by processed?

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. I had a KK donut once. It was really sticky and way too sweet. Give me Timmy's any day.

anakinfansince1983 and Falcon like this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember this one Krispy Kremes shown up in Windsor one year. Someone put a Tim Hortons across from them and ran them out of business in two years

Chancellor_Ewok likes this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Very few things can beat Krispy Kreme when they have the "Hot Now" sign on. Their freshly made donuts are, indeed, very sweet, but they're quite delicious and simply melt in your mouth. The grocery store Krispy Kreme donuts leave much to be desired.

We have a local donut bakery up the highway from me called the Donut King (there are a number of other small bakeries with the same name, but I don't think that they're associated). They always get incredibly busy in the mornings. It's a small hole in the wall shop, but they make their donuts in-house and make all sorts of novelty varieties (such as Oreo, Snickers, Butterfinger, the King--a giant donut--and so on). They're incredibly delicious and not as cavity-inducing as Krispy Kreme.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    My girlfriend shined me onto signing up for DD Perks. I don't know how long it's been around, so I'm probably late to the party, but I'm very happy with it so far. You put money on your reward card, you open the app on your phone, they scan the QR code and boom - done. No wallet, no receipt. You even earn points towards rewards which happens every 200 points.

The promotion going on right now (until 9/27) is 99 cent any size hot or iced dark roast coffee. I'll take a $1.07 large caramel iced coffee instead of $3.37 one any day. And I earned 5 points for that one transaction.

20. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I could enjoy some DD coffee, but their frozen cardboard donuts are awful.

Falcon likes this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. I had a Dunkin donut in Florida in March. Pukatronic. [face_sick]

Falcon and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. I remember that. There was one in the Brampton/Mississauga area for a while. They tried to make it out like it was big ****ing deal that Krispy Kreme was coming to Canada, I think the one my area lasted for maybe a year.

Falcon likes this.
  23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    When I was growing up in Canada, I preferred Robin's Donuts over Tim Horton's. Can't recall what either of them taste like anymore; I just remember that I thought Robin's was noticeably superior.

Falcon likes this.
  24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Never heard of them. I do remember going to Country Style Donuts on a few occasions though.

Falcon likes this.
  25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I believe Robin's is only present in a few provinces and cities. They're certainly not as large as Tim Horton's.