main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Coffee and your job

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

That's not hard, not when there's a Tim Horton's on practically every other block. :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I miss Robin Donuts.

Tim Hortons managed to run quite of the few donut shops out of business including Krispy Kremes

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was working with a guy who carried a Thermos and coffee mug everywhere he went all day. It looked really sad.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I live in Krispy Kreme country, about 50 miles from the very first store. And I can't stand their doughnuts.

Give me Dunkin Donuts any day.

Krispy Kreme does have good coffee though. My issue with Dunkin Donuts is they won't just give you a little container of creamer when you ask for coffee with creamer. They put it in for you, and it ends up being more creamer than coffee, because apparently most people who want creamer in their coffee are more interested in drinking coffee-flavored milk.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

I used to work in a mall. The Cinnabon charged us for one cup but free refills all day. Yeah. At most I did 4 cups a day but usually 3. That went on for a year. These days I am a single cup a day coffee drinker and I prefer that.

7. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's not really the coffee drinking but the toting of those items while doing the kind of work we're doing. I also wonder why he doesn't just drink out of the Thermos instead of carrying a fragile ceramic mug around.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I carry my travel mug around. I switch to water around noon.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

I am betting there is a taste difference.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    I now have 'Benny and the Jets' running through my head. Thanks, thread title!

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I try to only drink one medium-sized coffee every two days. Before I quit my boring full-time job to study, I was easily doing 3 coffees per day.

For me, SecondCup wins for the best Lattes (Butter Pecan Latte is my current fave) and Starbucks has my loyalty for their Frappuccinos. Cannot stand the disgusting salt-like & mud-like taste of Tim Hortons...It's beyond me why this chain continues to have customers. I'd even take McDonalds' McCaffe over Tims.