main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Cold (AU vignette, L/V, angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ___Sithspawn___, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Yes, I know I should be working on my WIP but the plot bunny kept biting me.

Nobody knows he is gone. Nobody cares. Nobody will miss him. No one will miss him, because there is no one left for him. He has left forever. He will not return. He knows he cannot turn back, for he can never go home again after what he has done ? an unspeakable, unforgivable act. So he walks on, alone.

The winds howl like enraged beasts, like haunted, tormented souls seeking vengeance. Their icy claws shred his skin, sinking into his flesh, piercing him to the bone. But he does not feel this. He does not feel the burn of the freezing air on his unprotected skin. He feels nothing, only numb everywhere. Perhaps that is why he is here.

Here, in this frozen wasteland. Some may describe the sparkling luminescence of the pure, untouched ice and snow under the evening starlight as beautiful, but he fails to see it in something so unfeeling. Unfeeling, just like him. Cold, unfeeling and silent, never speaking. Breathing not a single word even as his mind calls out, offering not a single answer as his mind screams the questions. The barren land beneath him simply smiles, enigmatic, as if withholding the vital answers he is now desperate for.

It is not just the ground he walks on ? it?s in the air as well, falling around him, coating pale, frozen skin with frost. But the frost is worse within. Cold, unfeeling and silent. White yet darkening to a dusky grey as the dying sun sheds its final rays, then a stormy grey-blue as darkness falls. Darkening like the frozen soul within.

Or perhaps it has long since turned to ebony. Yes, that must it. When had it begun? When had everything changed? When had he crossed the threshold? Was it on the fateful day he had discovered the harsh truth about himself, the dark secret of his identity? Was it the day he had committed his first dreadful act of murder? Or was it perhaps the day he had been born ? the day he had killed his mother?

He had never known it, not until after. After he had done it. After he had given in to inner weakness and betrayed all. Everyone. Everything. Betrayed all with a single word. Yes. He hadn?t wanted it. He had never wanted any of this. But the Dark One, his sire, had asked him the question. And he had said yes. He hadn?t meant for it to happen, but something within had faded; something inside had broken and the words had slipped out.

The memory was vivid and striking, and it lingered in his mind, sometimes floating up again to remind him of his betrayal. To bask in his torment. To suck the life out of him. And he gave way to it every time. He remembered. He remembered the rage that drove him forward; that he channeled into his blows, lashing out at his deadly nemesis with all his might. He remembered the inevitability of death as he clung, cornered, to the edge of the gantry. He remembered the numbness that had overpowered him as he had found out. He remembered the denial, the attempt to negate it all in a futile attempt to stop the agony. He remembered staring at the endless shaft below, then into the empty eyes of the Sith Lord. Death in body?death in spirit. And, in a single moment of frailty, he had uttered the words. Yes. I will join you.

That had been the moment he had been defeated. That had been the moment he had defeated himself. The beginning of his spiral downwards. The first step of a journey to darkness. He could have stopped it had he taken a moment to think, had he taken a moment to remind himself of all he believed in and that what he was doing was wrong, but somehow he had closed his eyes, perchance the way one did as they drifted off into slumber.

A willful slave, he had submitted to his father?s will, obeying his every whim in spite of the blood that stained his hands with every dark deed. When he had finally mustered up the strength to pry his eyes open, it had been too late. The darkness, filth and corruption that dwelled in his heart were there to stay. Somehow, he had died. He had known it the day he chose

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! ]-} That was incredible! Very powerful and extremely sad! Well done! =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek:

So Luke fell to the dark side...

:eek: :eek:

Very interesting story. The ending was quite powerful.

Nicely done,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    :eek:

Oh my! A very sad, but powerful vig. The images you conjured really had an impact on me.

Wonderful work here!=D=

5. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    VaderLVR64: Thank you[face_blush] I'm glad you think so.

KELIA: Thanks. And yes, he did fall.

MirandaFair: Thank you...And here I thought it wouldn't be effective enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.