main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cold Fury (OC during great Jedi/Sith War) - Final

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LetoQuorme, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    All right, here we go, my first attempt at FanFic! 8-} :)

Dramatis Personae
    Alle Aria; Jedi Padawan (female Twi?lek)
    Captain Strato; captain, Strato Skimmer, bounty hunter (male Human)
    Darth Kasana; Sith Apprentice (female Human)
    Darth Raav; Sith Lord (male Human)
    Derk; information broker (male Bothan)
    Leto Quorme; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Malayla Vespin; bounty hunter (female Zabrak)
    Norrotobuck; bounty hunter (male Wookiee)

The laughter and idle chatter that filled the club quickly turned to screams as blaster bolts flew through the air. A rather gruff-looking human hit the ground, clutching his chest, and moments later, bright red blood came pouring out from beneath him. The shooter, a Rodian, turned and fled with the rest of the patrons out of the neon-lit entrance of the club.

Across the street from the club, two robed and hooded figures watched the people start to stream out of the club doors. Just as they were about to make their way over there, the taller of the two noticed one figure who broke away form the crowd the moment he got outside. While everyone else had fear rolling off of them in big emotional waves, this one exuded only a cold sense of menace.

?You check out the club,? the tall one said to his companion. ?I?m going after him.?

He took off running down the dark alleyway the mysterious stranger had taken. From his green skin, big black eyes and two small antennae, he could tell the stranger was a Rodian. The assassin veered around a corner, then stopped short, facing a duracrete wall that was at least 20 meters high. The robed figure turned the corner a second later, and the Rodian whipped around, leveling his blaster at him. Suddenly, there was a sharp snap-hiss, and the alleyway was bathed in the blue glow of a lightsaber.

?You?re a Jedi?!? the Rodian stuttered in disbelief.

?Jedi Master Leto Quorme, at your service,? the robed figure replied. ?Now how about you put that blaster down and let?s talk about what happened at the club back there.?

The Rodian?s eyes narrowed, and he quickly fired off three shots towards the Jedi. Leto swung his blade low, catching the first bolt and sending it into the wall next to him. The second he directed towards the ground, and the third right back at the Rodian, all the while moving closer and closer to him. The Rodian ducked to avoid the bolt that was now coming right at him, and came back up only to find the Jedi was now just a few meters in front of him. He brought the blaster up again, but Leto sliced cleanly through it with his lightsaber before he could get off another shot. The Rodian backed up against the wall, trembling.

?It?s over,? Leto said to him. ?You?re coming with me.?

Suddenly, the Rodian?s black eyes glazed over; he spasmed and fell to the ground.

?Sithspit!? Leto swore, and quickly knelt down beside the Rodian. ?Hello? Can you hear me? What?s the matter?? He searched for a pulse, but found none.

?Well, this is just great,? he said out loud to the empty alleyway. ?How does someone just drop dead in front of you for no apparent reason??

He started to examine the Rodian?s body for some clue as to what had happened to him. As he turned him over, he noticed a welt on the side of his neck ? three small triangles that together formed a larger triangle. It seemed almost as if it had been burned onto his skin. Leto made a note of it, then continued searching, but could find no external signs of why the Rodian had died. Just as he was about to get up, he noticed some dirt on the bottom of the Rodian?s boot. He took a vial from a pouch on his belt and scraped some of the dirt off into it.

?Maybe this?ll give us some clue as to where you came from,? Leto said to the dead Rodian, as he placed the vial back in his belt.

He jogged back to the nightclub, and found the other robed figure, his Padawan, a female Twi?lek named Alle Aria, standing outside among a group of officers from the Coruscant Police. He waved her over to him.
    ?So how did it go?? she ask

2. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Pretty good, I'd like to see where this is going. :)

3. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Exciting!! :D

4. AlleAria

AlleAria Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Very good so far :). I'm interested to read the rest, especially about that Alle Aria character, she's the best one ;).

5. MalaylaVespin

MalaylaVespin Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I disagree, AA, I think MalaylaVespin is the strong character in the story. 8-}

Great work Leto! I look foward to more!

6. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Awesome Leto! Intrigued by the Wookiee bounty hunter! Good action, too. Looking forward to more. :)

8. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    The Analysis Room of the Jedi Temple was quite different from the rest of the building. While other rooms tented to utilize earthen tones to make them feel more homely, the Analysis Room stood out as being very sterile, with its dazzling white and polished silver interior. A wall divided the room, and the part beyond the wall was completely airtight and sterile. It was here where all of the analysis took place by the Temple?s research droids, SP-4 and JN-66.

The doorway hissed open, and Leto stepped through, followed by Alle. He walked over to the divider, and pressed a series of buttons. A small tray slid out of the wall, and he dropped the vial of soil collected from the Rodian?s boot into it. The tray slid back into the wall, then after a second, slid out on the other side. SP-4 stepped over, picked up the vial, and proceeded to join JN-66 at the analysis station. A metallic voice sounded out of the speakers: ?Beginning soil analysis. One moment please.?

Leto turned to Alle. ?Hopefully the analysis of the soil?s mineral content will help narrow down whichever planet this guy came from, and once we know that, maybe we can start getting some of the answers we?re looking for.?

?Yeah, like why he felt the need to assassinate someone in the middle of a crowded nightclub,? Alle said.

?And why he just dropped dead when I confronted him,? replied Leto.

After a couple of minutes, a loud ?ding!? echoed through the room, followed by the metallic voice: ?Soil analysis complete.? A slight pause, and then, ?Mineral composition suggests the following planets as possible places of origin: Ando Prime.?

Leto waited, expecting to hear a whole list of planets that they would have to go through, but no more followed.

?What? That?s it? Ando Prime?? He turned to Alle. ?Well, it looks like our job just got a lot easier.?

She smiled. ?Next stop, Ando Prime.?

The Strato Skimmer set down in the spaceport in the capital city on Bothawui. Captain Strato joined Malayla at the exit ramp, and the two proceeded to make their way through the crowded spaceport. Norro stayed behind to continue repairs on the ship.

Once on the street, the two caught an air taxi and made their way through the business district of the city out to a set of fairly pricey, but not extravagant, apartments. The particular one that they stopped in front of didn?t look too bad, but it could have been better. ?Just the sort of inconspicuous place you?d expect to find a guy like Derk,? Strato thought.

He walked up the stairs and pressed the intercom button. After a few seconds, a gruff sounding voice on the other end answered: ?Yeah??

?It?s me,? said Strato.

?Strato!? exclaimed the voice. This was followed by a swear, then a sigh, and finally, ?Get up here.?

A buzzer sounded, and the door slid open. Strato and Malayla made their way through the lobby over to the turbolift, and rode it up to the top floor.

One of Derk?s aides, a female Bothan, was waiting for them when they got off. She led them through a series of rooms, and finally to an office, where they found Derk sitting behind his desk, staring out the window.

Strato had actually been dealing with Derk for some time. The Bothans were known across the galaxy as great spies and information handlers, and Derk certainly fit that profile.

The face that Derk showed to most of the galaxy, however, was that of an average businessman. He was part owner of a company that manufactured the latest and greatest in starship navigation technology. Over the years, he forged friendships with several corrupt politicians on Coruscant, and through them, gained many underworld contacts as well. He soon learned that the underworld could be far more profitable than the business world, as long as you knew what you were doing. He continued his life in business as a face to the public, and lived where he did despite his wealth in order to keep a low profile, but the truth was he was currently operating several smuggling operations. And through information contacts he?d set up

9. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    great job Leto!

10. MalaylaVespin

May 19, 2002
    Great update! :D

I'm looking foward to more!

11. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Looks like you have lived in his skin for awhile! :D

12. AlleAria

May 19, 2002
    This is a great story!!

I can't wait to read more! :D

13. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  14. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    up again!!

15. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    As every great Star Wars story has, "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

Good job! Now hurry up and write more! (No pressure intended :p)

16. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  17. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    As soon as the Force Defender VII entered the Ando Prime system, Leto could feel the darkness. Alle glanced over at him with a worried look on her face, and Leto knew that she could feel it as well.

?We may be in for more trouble that we originally anticipated,? he told her. ?But don?t worry. Stay calm, stay focused. Let the Force be your guide. Remember what you?ve learned, and we?ll be all right.?

?Yes, Master,? she responded, and he could feel her calming herself through the Force.

?Ok, what are the sensors showing?? he asked her.

?Not much, I?m afraid,? she said, studying the console. ?Ando Prime ? terrain composed mostly of ice flats broken up by the occasional mountain range. There are some large lakes in the equatorial region where the ice has partially melted.?

?Well, if our assassin had soil on his boots, then he would have had to have been somewhere where the soil?s exposed,? Leto mused.

?The only place where that would happen is in the mountainous regions,? Alle responded. ?That narrows the search considerably.?

?Good,? he said. ?I?ll take us down a little lower so we can get a good sweep of the mountains. Keep an eye on the sensors for anything unusual.?

They passed over one small mountain range, and then another, both not showing any signs that something might be going on within them. As they were about to pass over a third, however, the feeling of darkness grew inside Leto. He turned to say something to Alle about it, but before he could get the words out, one of the consoles beeped loudly. Alle quickly scanned over it.

?There are some erratic energy signals coming from the northwestern part of this range,? she said. ?And I?m reading some sort of structure down there, but sensors are having trouble getting an exact fix on it. I can give you a rough location of where it is, and we can set down near there.?

The coordinates came up on Leto?s console, and he eased the Defender down through Ando Prime?s atmosphere and touched down on a rocky plateau about half a kilometer from where the energy readings were the strongest. They stepped out, and the chill from the wind instantly enveloped both of them. Leto wrapped his cloak tightly around him, then he and Alle began the trek towards the base of the mountains.

As they made their way around frost-covered boulders and through tight crevices, Leto could feel the darkness growing, looming all around them. With each passing step, it seemed to weigh down on his very soul, almost pushing him to the ground. He turned to Alle, and could instantly tell that it was affecting her as well. Despite the fact that the walk wasn?t extremely physically demanding, they were both starting to feel worn down.

Suddenly, Leto?s senses flared, and he dove onto Alle, sending them both tumbling behind a large outcropping of rock milliseconds before a blaster bolt scorched the ground they had just been standing on. More bolts started to pelt the front of the rocks they were now hiding behind. Leto stretched out with the Force, trying to find their attackers. There were three beings shooting at them from the direction the two Jedi had been heading towards, and three more were circling around them to try and cut them off from behind.

?I?ll take the ones in the front, you cover the back,? he told Alle. She already had her lightsaber out, and ignited it as soon as he finished speaking, the green glow of the blade contrasting against her blue-hued skin.

?I?m ready,? she told him.

Leto took out his own saber, and with a snap-hiss, brought the blue blade to life.

?Go!? he shouted.

Alle jumped left and rolled out into the clearing as Leto somersaulted forward over the rock they were hiding behind. He caught one blaster bolt with his blade while still in the air, and deflected two more within a second of his feet touching the ground. The three assailants were all in front of him, one directly, and the other two off to his left, all three crouched behind rocks. He slowly made his way towards the one who was directly in

18. MalaylaVespin

May 19, 2002
    Great update!!! It's about time. ;) 8-}

Things are unfolding nicely. I can't wait to see what comes next! Keep up the good work!

19. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  20. AlleAria

May 19, 2002
    Finally, I've been waiting a while for this.... ;)
    Awesome part, I can't wait for the encounter between the Jedis and the bounty hunters!

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Nice action sequence there!

Alle kicks a**!

22. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  23. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Come on Leto we need a new post!!

24. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm just really busy with school right now. To be honest, I don't know when my next update will be coming. I'll make it a good one though to compensate for the long wait! 8-}

25. MalaylaVespin

May 19, 2002
    We hope to see an update soon! Hope school is going well. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.