main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Coleman Trebor could have potentially ended the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    In the Geonosis Battle Arena scene from AOTC, Coleman Trebor climbs up onto Poggle The Lesser's viewing platform and surprises Count Dooku, now if it weren't for Jango Fett, Trebor could have struck down Dooku. But some sources say that if Trebor had been successful and taken Dooku out, he could have potentially put a stop to the Clone Wars before it had even begun. He could have also taken out Poggle The Lesser, Nute Gunray and Rune Haako, which would have had a huge effect on the Separitists.

I have to disagree on this though, because if Dooku were to be taken out, couldn't Darth Sidious have replaced him with Grievous or Ventress? Sure the Jedi would have a huge advantage now, but there are still Sith that could have replaced Dooku. Since Grievous became the leader of the Separitists anyway, I think he could have been a great replacement for Dooku.

So do you guys agree on what these sources say about the Clone Wars being ended from Dooku's death, or what? Because Dooku's death in ROTS didn't seem to have a huge effect on anyone, because Grievous was leading the Separitists.

Also who was controlling the Droid army after Dooku and Grievous were killed? Couldn't have been Darth Sidious since he was too occupied with Anakin, and the Separitists and the Trade Federation were too busy making their way to Mustafar.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Grievous couldn't become the apprentice cause he isn't a force user :p and Sidious probably could have launched Order 66 a bit early if Dooku died

3. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    That is all very hypothetis. I mean the fact remain, Dooku has not been killed. Coleman Trebor or not, someone else could have taken Dooku out in the Clone Wars but it doesn't happen.

Count Dooku was not only a powerful Jedi/Sith but a very good politician. Sidous needed him not only for his power in the Force but for his political talent. The Separatist movement needed a charismatic leader to gain support and respect across the Galaxy so that new worlds could join the cause every day and so leave the Republic. The war had to be credible. Grievous was a strong and feared general of the droids army but that is all what he is strategically. A Cyborg to thwart the Jedi and the Republic Army to oppose them in the battlefields. Asajj Ventress is a good 'tool' for Sidious and Dooku for she is fierce in battle but I don't see her successfully lead the separatist movemement for she is very conflicted with angers and hates towards the Jedi and had no long term vision which might hurt the Separatist cause more than anything. But she seems the most likely to run the show in Dooku steads... Unless Sidious pull a rabbit out of his hat.

As for who was controlling the droid army after the death of Dooku and Grievous I think it is no one. By no one I mean maybe some lesser Admiral or Lieutenant of the Seps but anyway the war was over a this point. Order 66 was about to be called and the remaining droids became the Republic's least concern.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Well potentially, I mean he jumped out of nowhere and Dooku didn't expect it at all, he could have done what Obi-Wan Kenobi did to Darth Maul.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But even if Jango had not been there, Dooku would still have had time to take out his own lightsaber... and if he had done so Trebor would still be toast. I realize Dooku didn't want to reveal his Sith identity at that time and in front of so many other characters, but if it was needed to save his own life I think he would have done so. Heck, he probably could have just Force-pushed Trebor off the ledge without anyone noticing, before Trebor could get to him with his lightsaber.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A red lightsaber doesn't make him Sith.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    In the movies it does. :p

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually, did they already know he was a Sith? Because Mace Windu put a his lightsaber to Dooku and threatened him on the viewing platform before the Super Battle Droids came, he wouldn't have done that unless he knew who he was.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No (how could they?), and it's not made clear that they make that association at the end of AotC.

No. He pointed his lightsaber to Jango, not Dooku. And he would arrest Dooku because he was waging a war against the Republic, not because he was a Sith (which Mace didn't even know).

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Mace puts his lightsaber up to Jango's neck (not Dooku) and holds it there while talking to Dooku. I don't think he knew Dooku was a Sith yet then, they just think he's the leader of the Separatists. The Jedi find out he's a Sith once Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda face Dooku in the hangar later in AOTC.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't believe I forgot he held his lightsaber up to Jango! Lol. But yeah true, they didn't know he was. Except Obi-Wan would have known when Dooku held him captive and tried to convince him to join the Sith.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Except Dooku actually tried to convince Obi-Wan to join Dooku so that "together (they) will destroy the Sith".

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Destroy (the Sith), not join.

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Palpatine wouldve found someone else to replace Dooku and lead the seperatists.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Palpatine chose Dooku as his appretice for a reason. And I'm sure being defeated by Coleman Trebor was not one of them.

17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but I dont think Palpatine let losing one apprentice, Maul, get in the way of galactic conquest. Dooku would likely be the same. So the wars would continue in one form or another until he found a replacement for Dooku.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    My point was that he wouldn't choose an apprentice that could be easily killed/replaced. He's supposed to be the future of the Sith Order and his successor.

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Sure, but if Dooku died, I dont think it would be an immediate end to the CW and Palps plans for conquest, just a temporary setback. That's one of the assertions in the OP.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Oh, I'm with you there.

21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Luke in RotJ: I'm with you too! :D

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012

Yeah, that's what I thought, I just couldn't see how the Clone Wars would've end if Dooku died, and I bet Sidious would've managed to find a new apprentice soon after anyway.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012

If Trebor and Dooku had a duel, sure Dooku would've probably won, but Trebor being on the Jedi High Council at the time made him one of the strongest Jedi during final years of the Galactic Republic, and if Obi-Wan and Anakin could take him on for a while, who weren't on the Jedi High Council, I do think Trebor could have been a worthy opponent for Dooku, plus with the element of surprise I think he could've possibly taken him down.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You can even see Dooku's lightsaber in that pic, just inches from his hand. No way was Trebor going to take him down, even with the element of surprise or without Jango there. Dooku just preferred to let Jango handle him and not even bother getting his lightsaber, which says something about how worried Dooku was about Trebor (he wasn't).

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeap, ok I can agree with this. You could even see how not worried he was with Mace Windu up there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.