main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Colin Trevorrow NOT directing Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Look people at the end of the day Episode 9 will NOT be a train wreck. At worst it will probably just be...ok...which honestly some people think TFA is. And if KK thinks Colin will do more harm than good they might let him go I mean granted the Boba Fett film wasn't probably filming but they did get rid of Josh Trank when he started doing his thing (Granted that was more extreme then anything Colin Trevarrow did) but honestly if things were that bad I think the studio would interfere.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    What if The Book of Henry was such a terrible failure because Colin was too busy putting all of his time, thought, and effort into Episode IX..

[​IMG]

Darkslayer, BigAl6ft6 and B3 like this.
  3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I have no doubt that IX will be of an acceptable quality by the time it is released. But The Book of Henry is going to have ramifications of one kind or another. I can't overstate how crazy this film sounds, and not in a good way. Problems at a script level seem to have been compounded by tone deaf directorial choices.

4. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    He's not going anywhere, they're too far into pre-production and they HAVE to release the film in 2019. So they don't have enough time to find another director.

Best case scenario is that Rian Johnson or someone else writes a new draft of the script and Kathy Kennedy breathes down Colin's neck during filming watching him like a hawk. Colin Trevorrow and his writing partner, Derek Connolly, can NOT be given full creative control of this movie. Too much is at stake with this being potentially the final movie of the Skywalker saga.

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Yeah they really need a real writer on Ep. 9. This is the culmination of the trilogy.

Kasdan or Johnson are needed to step in and re-write or ghost write and polish and improve whatever Trevorrow/Connolly do as a draft. I'll never have a different opinion on this.

6. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Variety:
    THR:
    Austin Chronicle:

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Wow. These are, uh... these are scathing.

8. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    The reviews are so bad and brutal I'm having second hand embarrassment for that cutie Jacob Tremblay. He deserves better material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

9. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Yeah, I wasn't joking when I said "trainwreck".

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Some points need to be made and questions need to be asked.

First off, Colin did not write Book of Henry. So is the fault in the writer or director? Was there anything that Colin could do if the writing was terrible?

Next. to what extent did Colin have to rush things due to pre-production on Star Wars as well as any producing needed for JW2?

But, as we said, the story itself was not Colin's.

FWIT, Empireonline liked it. But yeah, if the overall reviews go on the current trajectory. it will be VERY interesting to see how this all plays out because you KNOW (as has already been done wiht some of the reviews) articles are going to bring up that this "horrible" film is made by the one who is closing the newest SW trilogy which started with a bang.

Darkslayer, JediLight and Rodie like this.
  11. Tyranus_Reborn

Tyranus_Reborn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, at least it has a "flamboyant terribleness". (Owen Gleiberman, Variety). Not every filmmaker can achieve that.

12. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    One critic compared it to The Room. We're ****ed.

13. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    What the reviews seem to indicate--and I've spoken on Twitter with someone who has seen it, and confirms this--is that Trevorrow directs all of this completely straight, not ever tuning into the absurdity. That falls to Trevorrow. He seems to have very little instinct for tone.

14. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Jesus H. Christ, that's abysmal on a level that I can't even fathom. That has to be hyperbole, there's no possible way it can be that incompetently bad.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  16. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I've been moaning about the selection of Trevorrow for over a year now. The only reason why they picked him was that Jurrasic World was a smash hit. But JW was a hit for all the wrong reasons. It has great effects, but does NOT hold up to repeat viewings, the movie is ludicrous in its choices. Compare JW to the original. The original has 15 minutes of Dinosaurs in it, who are downright primitive in the CGI rendition, yet it beats the living snot out of JW.

There are fifty better choices than Colin Trevorrow. Hopefully, they pull a Josh Trank and drop him for a more experienced filmmaker.

17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    I am one with the Story Group and the Story Group is with me.

18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't know how to tell you this, but... the two guys who said that blew up shortly after.

Screw optimism, we're ******.

19. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Screw ******, we need to get Patty Jenkins'd.

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014

[​IMG]

21. Tyranus_Reborn

Tyranus_Reborn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2014
    Jurassic World was an assembly-line simulacrum of Spielberg tropes, with none of the litheness and majesty that characterizes the master's best films. Side note: do you notice how the Struzan-esque theatrical poster for Book of Henry tries to conjure the wonderment of Spielberg's suburban fantasies of the 1970s and 80s?

Then let's hope the studio rents Trevorrow a house in New Orleans where his small dogs can unleash hell and cause $100,000 worth of damage.

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    See, I'm really frustrated with this. I want to root for him. I really do. I literally posted in support of him just the other day. He keeps saying the right things, but he's not following through and doing the right things.

23. Darth Bibliophilus

Darth Bibliophilus Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2017
    Another scorching review, this time from Peter Bradshaw at The Guardian:
    :(:(:(

24. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
  25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
Thread Status: