main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greensboro, NC' started by Padawan311, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Greetings everyone! I thought this would be a good idea to get to know what everyone enjoys collecting, Star Wars related, Comic Books, models, Baseball Cards ect. What is your favorite or most prized collectible? What are some items you are searching for, or something coming soon that you are really looking forward to? Maybe we can help each other out looking for certain items. Is Ebay a big tool or do you prefer going place to place- enjoying the thrill of the hunt? I look forward to hearing about everyone's collections!

Chris

2. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I am working on getting the entire set of the VOTC Star Wars figures. This set is awesome, great articulation, accessories and likenesses. Hasbro really did an awesome job with this Series, I hope this is a sign of whats to come with the EP3 figure line.

Chris

3. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Just got my Revenge of the Sith teaser poster...looks AWESOME! I am thinking of buying one of those poster lightboxes like you see at the theaters to display the poster in. I also recently bought an old Empire Strikes Back poster from 1980 featuring the Bespin duel, similar to my avatar. Its in great shape, I also plan to have it framed and displayed proudly.

Chris

4. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Just ordered my limit of the new McFarlane Toys Collectors Club Exclusive Stealth Predator figure. I was lucky, they sold out in a matter of hours. I am looking forward to the new Clone Wars figures, especially Grievous, not to mention the Sneak Preview EP3 figures just around the bend!

Chris

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I got a peek at some of the figures and cards for the upcoming Episode 3 line, they look amazing! Looks like Hasbro kept up the awesome detail and articulation as on the VOTC line, man I cant wait!

6. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    The new wave of Clone Wars figures is shipping now, I am on the lookout for that series right now. I cant wait for the new season to start as well!

Chris

7. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    You and me both!!!

8. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I have been looking for a Count Dooku Unleashed for awhile now. I have really been disappointed in some of the area stores near me, they dont seem to be restocking very often as far as I can tell. Same few figures lining the shelves everytime I go out hunting. I am not giving up! lol.

9. Jedi_Power_GV

Jedi_Power_GV Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    There were a couple of Unleashed Dooku figures on the shelves at Target in Winston-Salem last weekend. You might want to try there.

10. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, it seems I am going to have to start going to Winston. I usually have pretty good luck here in the Greensboro area, but the past few weeks have been very disappointing as far as new figures go, I will have to head down to Winston over Christmas break and do some hunting, see if I can track down a Unleashed Vader or Dooku.

Chris

11. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I am hoping Santa brings me a Master Replicas Lightsaber, not sure I have been good enough thsi year for that though, haha. Stocking full of Bantha fodder for me I bet, lol.

Chris

12. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Picked up an Unleashed Count Dooku at the Super Wal-Mart in Winston Salem over the weekend. I am still looking for a Darth Vader and Slave Leia Unleashed. Santa brought me an Electronic R2-D2, it was released back when EP2 was out. R2 stands at about 15" tall, responds to over 40 voice commands, can act as a room alarm, plays games, carries a can drink and much more, its very cool. I mustve been a pretty good boy this past year, haha.

Chris

13. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I have one of those :)

He basically guards the door to my room back at my apartment.

Happy Holidays W-S and Greensboro!

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Right now I am hunting for a General Grievous figure from the new Clone Wars series, and still keeping my eyes peeled for an Unleashed Leia and Darth.

Chris

15. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    <<< keeping my eyes peeled for an Unleashed Leia and Darth. >>>

I'll keep an eye out for you. My daughter works in Media Play in Gastonia and I found my Leia there. I have the reqular Vader but I am looking for the Vader with the removeable helmet. If I see anything I'll let you know...
    Yes e-bay has been a great help. I often look for vintage toys and collectables. I just recently got a mint set of original ESB glasses from Burger King, from 1980. $20 is all I paid. I have something now that I am tracking that I have been looking for for a long, long time. It's early in the auction so I will have to see how high the bids go...

16. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I still love the thrill of the hunt, going out hunting for items that I really want, but I must admit Ebay is a very important tool nowadays. Like you said, it makes looking for old, vintage items that are in good condition much easier. Plus my work schedule doesnt always leave me alot of time to go out looking for new items on the shelves. I have been wanting to get a set of those ESB Burger King glasses myself, I had a set when I was growing up, but I dont know what ever happened to them. I also open all of my Unleashed figures and display them, I have several here at work in my office. I do keep alot of my figures on their cards, but I have a ton that are loose so I can eventually display them all in a diaroma or something like that. Thanks for keeping an eye open for me, if there is something you want me to keep an eye open for, just let me know. The 3 on my list now are an Unleashed Leia, Darth and a Clone Wars General Grievous.

Chris

17. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    <<<The 3 on my list now are an Unleashed Leia, Darth and a Clone Wars General Grievous.>>>

Which Darth are you looking for? I am looking for the one with the removable helmet. I have the other one, got that on e-bay last year...

18. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Either one of the Unleashed Vaders would be fine with me, since I havent been able to find either one of them. I havent given up quite yet looking in the stores, eventually I will turn to Ebay I am sure if I keep striking out, haha.

Chris

19. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I got lucky today, on my lunch break I hit the local Kmart near where I work and scored an Unleashed Darth Vader, still searching for a Leia and Clone Wars General Grievous though, the hunt is on!

Chris

20. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    I'm gonna try to hit Media Play tonight after work to pick up a copy of the SW Vanity Fair. I'll look and see what they have. I don't know if I told you but I got 3 of the Gentle Giant Bust-Ups in my Christmas stocking from my daughter. I got Chewbacca, Royal Guard and Vader...

21. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I dont have any of those Bust-Ups yet, I do want several of them though, I thought about ordering a case of them, it wasnt all that expensive. Too many cool items, too little time and funds! I hit the Target on Lawndale Dr. in Greensboro last night looking for a Grievous, no luck, they all of the new ones except him and the clone trooper. I did pick up a McFarlane Sports Jake Delhomme figure from the new NFL Series 10, so I was pleased about that, however Grievous wont elude me for long, haha.

Chris

22. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    I picked up the Unleashed Chewbacca yesterday at Media Play. I'm up to 10 of them now.
    Boba Fett
    Leia
    Vader
    Han Solo
    Yoda
    Hoth Luke
    Darth Sidious
    Jango Fett
    Darth Maul
    Chewbacca

23. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey, 311... I have a question. The Unleashed Clone Trooper, did it originally come as a regular trooper and then there was a red variant? Or was it always a red trooper? I just won on e-bay last night a loose, what they say is a red variant, in mint condition. I got it for $17.84 including shipping. I had not been able to find any Unleashed Clone Troopers for months. Thanks for the help...

24. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey there TK, sorry I havent been on the boards in several days, I have been out of town. The Unleashed Clone Trooper was originally released as just a plain white trooper, the red striped one was released later as a special variant. My roommate found me an Unleashed Leia while I was out of town and got it for me, I was very happy about that. I have eight Unleashed figures so far, are there any Unleashed you would like to see made? I would like to see a Bespin Luke and a Mara Jade Unleashed. I am really looking forward to some EP3 Unleashed figures as well. I guess the next one on my list would be the Stormtrooper Unleashed, not sure its even been released yet, should be soon though.

Chris

25. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    <<<are there any Unleashed you would like to see made?>>>

Hell yeah!
    Tarkin
    Kit Fisto
    Ben Kenobi (from ANH, Vader duel)
    Royal Guard (this could be a ROTS one since I heard that the RG will actually fight in the new movie.)
    Ewok (I don't know why)
    General Grevious
    Lando
    C-3PO

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I think they should do all of the bounty hunters.

Those are about all that I can think of right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.