main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Collectibles

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    We have a thread on toys, but I think we could use one to discuss other collectibles: cards, replicas, pins, food packaging, etc.

So who else out there is trying to collect Kudos or m&m's? I can't find the chocolate chip Kudos and the 3 cards from those packages. For m&m's, I'm ignoring the large bags, but I'm missing 2 of the King Size Dark Chocolate packages: Darth Vader and General Grievous. I can't find anywhere that has these items.

Did anyone watch the QVC special last Sunday? I ordered both the Obi-Wan and Anakin MR sabers because I thought I was getting a great deal, but then they added sales tax. If anyone wants either of these for like $345, let me know ASAP. They are at UPS now and I will be sending them back soon.

2. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    The LE versions. Tempting but I think i can find or make a replica bottoma nd clamp to fully convert my Luke ANH Graflex to a Anakin ROTS saber I already have the circuit board I just need the right grips, a covertec nob, textured tape, and a graflex style clamp (still wagering what to do for the gold blob lever), and a graflex style bottom half. And that'll most likely only cost around 50 tops to convert that. Plus I might start looknig into EL and LED stuff in the future. Cause making your own EL blades would be tight. But if I change my mind really soon Glenn I'll PM you. Good idea for the topic post though.

3. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Glenn What are the details on those Sabers? What versions are they?

4. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    These are the Episode III ROTS LE sabers. They are brand new. QVC sold out their allotment during the show. Obi-Wan sold out first. MR hasn't released information on how many are in the limited edition.

BTW, I also picked up the 3D A New Hope poster and a signed lithograph of the original artwork before the two droids were added to the image.

5. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Man those are some good deals, but I've got a MR helmet I need to save up some cash for and a few other things. I really would like to get that Obi-wan saber some day, it's always been one of my favorites.

6. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I had to redirect the UPS package with my ligtsabers to my office and have hurt my back a little getting them home as QVC packed them horrible. I probably lost about half the peanuts from the box.

Anyway, I have Anakin #423 and Obi-Wan #742. Returning them will have to wait until I get back from Orlando. I brought them home in the early afternoon because I had problems with my contact lenses. While I was home, UPS delivered my autographed lithograph. The box again was in terrible shape, but the poster tube inside was in pristine condition. I'll have to check the poster itself later.

When I got home from work, there was a Mace Windu FX lightsaber in my door frame. All in all, a pretty good day collectibles wise. It's a shame I'm not keeping the LE replicas.

7. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    why did you buy another mace when you just sold the other one? you're so nutty...you may as well keep the Le's, you'll enjoy them..if it's only tax that is bugging you, i'm sure you could get over that!

8. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    This Mace is the replacement for the one I sent back in early April. Once I get my collector's society membership, I can get the LE sabers much cheaper. Not to mention that I can't really afford to be buying them right now. I finally almost got the Darth Maul Battle-Damaged lightsaber. After months of nothing, there were two on eBay over the holiday. I missed the end of the first auction and it went for like $400. Another one ended 18 hours or so later and was over $600.

9. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Wish i could help you out by buying one, but you know..

10. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    What is so "LE" about these QVC sabers?

11. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    LE means limited edition, so I'll jump in and assume they are numbered or in limited quantity..

12. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Unless they're encased in Gold, then they don't sound like their worth the extra money. Think the Force FX sabers are the best buy. Why spend an extra few $100 for something that doesn't even light-up or make noise?

13. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    LE is "limited edition"; however, MR is no longer releasing information on how many are in the limited editions. The LEs are made of better materials and are more accurate replicas. For instance, the Luke ROTJ FX saber is much too wide at the throat in order to accommodate the blade. But I generally agree with you. That is why all my other replicas from MR are signature editions (except for the Medal of Yavin). I was very disappointed that they did neither a McGregor nor McDiarmid signature edition for the ROTS sabers. However, I like both of those sabers a great deal, so I may get them anyway.

14. RLWedge

RLWedge Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    The only "collectible" I have isn't even Star Wars. I have a 1978 Tolkien Calander that's still in it's shipping box. The calander itself don't have a single crease in it and there's no pen writing in it at all. The artwork inside is incredible and the important dates are, instead of president's birthdays, important dates in the Lord of the Rings. Like Gandalf's death, Bilbo entering Smaug's Lair. It's simply incredible and I have no clue how much it's actually worth.

15. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Those who came to the Costuming Workshop saw my new Darth Sidious LE lightsaber from Master Replicas. This full-size saber is relatively small, so it may prevent them from turning it into an FX saber in the future. This is the problem with Yoda's saber, but I don't have one to compare.

It also seems that MR is no longer shipping the sabers in nice cases. Instead the saber is held in styrafoam inside of the the display case. While I don't imagine most people keep their sabers in the cases, it certainly comes in handy when you want to transport them.

I just won the Obi-Wan ROTS scaled lightsaber on eBay. While I have 5 Obi-Wan sabers, I had neither of the two that were readily available in some stores. Rather, I had four exclusives: MR Collector's Society, 2004 Convention Exclusive (San Diego and 2 others), Celebration III, and QVC UK; and the gold chase saber from AOTC. Has anyone seen the non-chase version AOTC around anywhere lately?

I opened my fifth box of Kelloggs cereal today and came up with my fourth red saber spoon. It looks like I'll need eBay to get a green one.

16. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    If anyone is interested, I've got an extra Avon SW stein from 1998. It retailed for $55, and I'm going to sell it for $60--my mom really wants to get rid of it.

Here's a description:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/swsteinavon.asp

We also have the rest of the avon stein collection (non-SW..) if anyone's looking for one of them. My mom bought them for my grandfather, and he gave them back to us when they moved. So we've got like 30 of them. ^_^

17. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I'm definitely interested. Please let me know. Thanks. :)

18. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I must have these:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2909
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2910
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=predator_scifi&item=71431&type=store

19. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Sideshow does a lot of good stuff. I've been impressed with them ever since the 8" Universal Studios Monsters they did a few years back--easily the single best action figure line ever done. My 1/4 scale Luke arrived on Tuesday and I am certainly not disappointed. Now that Sideshow has the 12" line Hasbro will have to step things up in the 3 3/4" department because Sideshow's stuff will blow them away...

20. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    My Star Wars Style A 3-D poster from Code 3 came yesterday. Just in the box it looks impressive. I need to clear up some space so I can find somewhere to put it.

In addition to the resin Luke and Leia m&m figures that are new on ShopStarWars.com and the Darth Vader and Darth Maul that were added recenlty, there is a Boba Fett on shop.mms.com

For those of you that missed it, Master Replicas will be coming out with the following new Star Wars products: Battle-damaged Darth Maul FX lightsaber, Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS FX lightsaber, and possibly Qui-Gon Jinn FX? in late 2006. You can buy two of the Darth Maul sabers and connect them to form a double-bladed saber. For vehicles, a Millenium Falcon and Y-Wing will be made. There was also mention of build your own FX sabers and sabers with removeable blades. They had on display at Comic-Con an Anakin ROTS costume, but no mention of when it might be available. There was no mention of upcoming LE lightsabers, but a new intermediate line between the .45 scale and full scale editions may be produced. It doesn't seem like anyone asked about doing Jedi other than Qui-Gon, especially in the smaller lines, e.g., Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto.

21. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Anyone going to bid on any of the orignial Star Wars props being auctioned on eBay? It would be cool to own the original Luke Skywalker lightsabre, but the opening bid is a bit out of my budget. The same is true for most of the others as well...

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=52933&item=6545186641

22. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    My latest acquisition:
    A JB ANH v.2 Vader Helmet!
    [image=http://www.heycomputer.com/vcorrect.jpg]

23. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Nice... I want to party where this man is partying. You've been finding some kewl stuff. First that particular armor now this man. Good for you man!

24. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    There are a few things I'd like to bid on, but like you said, the opening bids are too high. They have Lori Petty's uniform from A League of Their Own, which they expect to go for $1500-2000. I don't know that I agree, but the minimum bid is $1500, so you can't even get it for a "bargain" price of $800 or something. I'd rather have her Rockford Peach uniform, but I'd be happy to have either.

BTW, my Kyle Busch #5 Star Wars-themed 1/24 scale NASCAR vehicle came the other day. There are like 8 different SW characters pictured on it. It is so much better than the car I had at the line party. I also got a couple of sets of the 7-eleven cups, so if someone is interested in a full or partial set (I already had two), let me know.

25. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Nice Vader Helmet, that must of cost a few Credits. I don't think it is ANH from the way it looks in that pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.