Nash, TN Collectibles

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a VERY nice Vader helemt, but it's not ANH, I think it's a ROTJ.

Check the movie, ANH Vader didn't have a silver neck, only ESB/ROTJ did. ANH Vader is all black.

But it's still damn nice. Where the hell are you finding this stuff?
  2. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let's just say it cost me an arm and a leg. Make that two legs. :)
    It's definitely not weathered/beat-up screen accurate ANH that's for sure. It was supposed to have a satin finish, but it came out more glossy than I care for. I'm tempted to hit it with some dullcoat, but man, I'd hate to screw it up. Have you ever noticed that one of vader's tusks is black in ANH? I also didn't realize that he has a checkerboard pattern on his face between the gunmetal and black colors. If one section is black, the same section on the opposite side is gunmetal. Loki, he's gunmetal in every one except for ROTS and maybe a stunt version in ROTJ. It was highlighted with gunmetal gray for lighting contrast during filming. Mine has the smaller chin vent which is a ANH exclusive. It's also very sunny in these pics which make him look lighter in color than he really is. :)
  3. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    That is one nice bucket..It is 100% not the ANH version..That is the ESB and it is fracking well done.
  4. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Go here, look at the top pictures and tell me how mine is different (except for the gloss)
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/vaderfananh1OFF.htm
  5. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok you do have the smaller chin vent and untrimmed widows peak, maybe it's the way the dome is sitting and the paint job that is thowing me off. I'm not as big of a Vader expert as Skip, I'm more specialized in the Fett stuff. Regardless, it is an amazing looking helmet.
  6. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's all good. Here's a pic inside:
    [image=http://www.heycomputer.com/vad.jpg]

Oh, and you're right about the helmet. He can look different based on which way the helmet sits. :)
  7. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    yes it does look like the later helmets but i think clutch is correct.I first saw it and assumed it was a GH fanmade ANH helmet.looks really nice.
    The original vader pics show the helmet looking all black,however the armor and helmet did receive a dark charcoal paint hightlights.it only was to help the look of the armor as all black (like mine) tends to get lost on film.
    this 2-tone paint scheme was lightened on ESB and then lightened further to silver in RoTJ.this helmet has a lighter gray color used than what was used in ANH though the intent was a ANH look.that lighter color tends to make the helmet look more like the later versions.the widows peak looks ANH and the neck flare on the right side makes it look more like the ESB helmet which is what the don post Classic action version was and most guys are used to seeing.
    so its very confusing.
    bottom line is youve got a beautiful display pc there.regardless of what version it is as that really makes no difference to most people especially the 99% of the public that knows nothing.
  8. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    I recently acquired the ARC Trooper Captain maquette from the Clone Wars series, so between my cousin and myself we have a complete set. I also picked up the Padme Amidala statue from Attakus. I'm still trying to figure out where to put that. I need a bigger place to live.
  9. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Still looking for places to put things, but I have the Leia Signature blaster on the way and recently won the Han Solo ESB blaster on eBay (but missed out on the Mace signature and Darth Maul battle-damaged that I really wanted from the same seller).

I have completed my set of 4 dark chrome scaled lightsabers. You can see my entire MR collection at this new site: Master Replicas Collector's Registry

I happened to get the gold variant of the StarWarsShop.com exclusive Anakin, so that will go up on eBay unless I get a really good offer before I get around to that.
  10. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My latest acquisitions:
    Macrobinoculars:
    [image=http://www.heycomputer.com/binoc.jpg]

TE Stunt Helmet:
    [image=http://www.heycomputer.com/sthowto2/te01.jpg]
  11. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who wants the new and improved Master Replicas Luke Skywalker ROTJ Force FX lightsaber with LED blade? Price is $135 each. I will try to bring a few to Comic Horror Fest this weekend.
  12. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are the Mace Windu sabers out yet?
  13. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    No Mace Windu's yet. The Luke is a Borders Books & Music exclusive.
  14. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If my wife doesn't kill me, I might take one.
  15. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    The first pictures of Master Replicas Star Wars line for 2006 are now available.
    Pre-Toy Fair pictures

Item include:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS Force FX lightsaber
    Darth Maul TPM battle-damaged Force FX lightsaber
    Qui-Gon Jinn Limited Edition lightsaber
    Han Solo Blaster ESB scaled replica (approx .33 scale)
    Stormtrooper Blaster ANH scaled replica (approx .33 scale)
    Y-Wing Fighter Studio Scale
    Anakin Skywalker costume
    Obi-Wan Kenobi costume
    Star Wars poker chips

X-Men Cyclops visor??
  16. ROTSAnakin Force Ghost

star 1
    Just as I thought the costumes look horrible and the Obi-Wan saber is bulky likt the Luke one... man that sucks. Damn it MR you take a few steps forward when you shrink the fx saber sizes and stuff and make better battery reliance and then twelves steps back with god aweful probably uber expensive costumes and making bulky sabers... again.
  17. clutch1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The thickness was for safety reasons.
  18. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was clear from the beginning that the Obi-Wan ROTS saber would have the same problem as the Luke ROTJ saber, so nobody understands why they are making that instead of a TPM or AOTC fx saber which would be much more suitable.

QVC had another Star Wars special this morning (1-2 am CDT). You could buy all three prequel DVD's, but they won't ship until Nov. 4. The weirdest thing was with water globes. They had an item where you had your choice of two water globes. One was the A New Hope commemorative globe that StarWarsShop.com has for $99. The other was the Darth Vader Duel Reveal Globe which StarWarsShop.com has for $60. On QVC, you had your choice of either one for $73.52 + tax + shipping. That was an introductory discount from the $81 regular price. So you had one for $20 more than retail and one for $20 less than retail before the $7.48 introductory discount. I, of course, bought the A New Hope one which I had been planning to buy anyway and saved like $20. QVC sold out of the overpriced Vader globe, but still has the other one available.
  19. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Successfully pre-ordered the Sideshow Exclusive 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi figure today. I also manged to correctly predict that the exclusive accessory would be the Grievous blaster.
    I previously ordered the 12" Anakin, but totally missed out on the Luke by neglecting to complete check out (would have been for the regular edition anyway).

Is anyone else collecting these?
  20. Doc_Savage Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been looking to pick up a Master Replica Force FX Anakin Lightsaber and found one at Media Play for $48. Can't beat that with a stick. I only wish Media Play was selling their books in their going out of business sale as that is what I was mainly interested in buying. Oh, well.
  21. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    they had them? which location?
    And did they seem picked over in the clearence sale? The books were not marked down?
  22. Doc_Savage Jedi Knight

star 1
    I bought it at the Hickory Hollow location but they said it was the last one they had. I had been in there a couple of other times a week or so ago and never saw any in there, but when I went in this past Saturday they had the one. The guy said that had gotten 15 of them in and this was the last one. He said the store couldn't get the sabers when they were really hot, but after the store started to go out of business they received a shipment.

When Media Play first announced that they were going out of business, they had the books marked down 20%. I figured I'd wait a little longer and buy up a bunch when they marked them down even more, but the next time I went in, they had blocked off the book section and had stopped selling them all together. So, not only are they not marking them down, they are not selling them at all. According to one of the employee's in the Hickory Hollow store, Media Play does not actually own the books but sells them on consignment for another company. So instead of selling the books at a vast discount, they are going to have to box them all up and send them back to the company that owns them.

I was a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to buying up a bunch of books at cheap prices! Oh, well.
  23. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    me too! sad to hear :(
    on a side note, I am looking for a full screen copy of Remember tht Titans for my cousin. If anyone finds one for under 20 bucks, shoot me a pm!
  24. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Best Buy in Hickory Hollow and Rivergate should have this for $14.99 according to BestBuy.com. I think I got it in a 2-pack with Pearl Harbor for $19.99 some years ago.

I, too, was looking forward to MediaPlay having the books go for more than 30% off as 20% isn't that big a discount with Amazon.com being around and Borders giving out coupons for 25% or 30% all the time. Thanks to the sale, I did almost complete my Star Wars Universe miniatures card set. I am missing just Jedi Luke, Leia, Han, and Kyle Katarn. And I still have some Rancors to sell.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.