main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Collecting around Adelaide.... What's new

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Can't wait for another Luke action figure? Are you up to date with your Darkhorse comics? Do you read books (ones without pictures I mean ;) ) Do you collect toys, figures, vehicles, books, comics, cards? Seen any new stuff around Adelaide that your fellow Croweaters might find interesting? Why not tell us about it here?

So let me start off.....

I picked up a copy "Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy" at Dymocks in Rundle Mall yesterday. This is the new DK book showing detailed maps of all the locations in the original trilogy. Very cool.

Also saw 12" Luke and Stormtroopers in the Original Trilogy Collection packaging at TRU Rundle Mall.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The only new thing I've seen is the reissued tie/y wing lego set....at TrU...

3. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    I havent seen much around but then again i havent really had a chance to have a look around :(

Only seen the OTC figures, DVD special edition 3-pack around and galactic heroes sets.

Is the new Insider out already DM????

Just cant wait to get my hands on the DVDs now.....

4. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    The OTC figures are everywhere now, the best price is at Big W. Nowhere has any really decent offers with the DVDs, apart from the galactic heros bonus (big deal!!). Was hoping for the silver clone trooper or silver sandtrooper. DISAPPOINTED ! All has been quiet lately, i'm getting the George Lucas special on Foxtel on DVD. Will have a viewing at the next meeting.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Good to know! As we don't have the history channel :(

6. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Having Foxtel without all the channels is like buying a car with only 2 or 3 doors. (excluding coupes & hatches). IT WAS GREAT !!!!! New stuff, new interviews with EVERYONE. Goes for about an hour & a half.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    So where do all you people get your comics from? I'm looking to get into that, and I'll be in town to pick up my DVD set this week so somewhere around there would be good.

8. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Hi Marcus,

I get my comics from Adelaide Comics in the Renaissance Arcade off Pultney Street (between Rundle Mall and North Terrace). I haven't checked there for the last month, so I'm not sure what's the latest in stock.

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I've been in there, since it's right near uni...lots of single comics but not too many TPBs which is what I want (since I have no comics at all).

I intend to get Star Wars Tales #21 from there though.

10. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    For TPBs try ebay dude, i got a few from there otherwise best place i found is in Melb. called Comics R Us in the city...but travel is a bummer of course

11. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    If might also be worth checking out Borders in Rundle Mall for the TPBs (Trade Paper Back - collection of the individually published comics for those in the know :) )

12. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Could probably get them from Galaxy Bookshop in Sydney, order through the website and have them mailed out.

13. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    My advice is.... Dont start collecting. It becomes an obsession & hurts the wallet for the rest of your life. Dont kid yourself that you'll only buy certain things or try to limit yourself.... hahahahahah. Once your hooked ITS ALL OVER...

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Says you Evil!! I have managed to control myself.....to a certain degree....

15. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Borders don't have Dark Horse TPBs; they're overpriced anyways.

Picked up 2 (TOTJ Collection and Outlander) from that little movie shop in the food court in City Arcade (the one on the corner, with McDonalds and Games Workshop), 7.50 each. Lots of older issues (including some Marvels), quite a few toys there, and they're moving so 50% off everything.

16. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Is that movie maniacs you're talking about Marcus? Bah, probably all the good stuff gone by now anyway, some of us can't get there during the day - dammit!
    Oops, lunch is over, better get back to it! :D

17. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Indeed it is, but not the big one next to Games Workshop, the smaller one in the corner.

18. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Keep an eye out at your local newsagent for the November issue of Empire magazine with the Star Wars cover and Star Wars book (its a small book though :) ) (thanks to TK for the tip)

You can get all three different covers from their website here

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks to TK I have one! :D :D [face_love] But I hear the lad has all three now....

20. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    Yes i told myself i wouldnt buy all 3 covers but what the hell :D i ran around 3-4 diff newsagents and got them all... Still have to get my Insider#78 though :( next time i go into the city i guess....

On the Action figure side of things, Electronic Jawa sandcrawlers are showing up at TRUs and the Vintage OTC figures are out too so plenty of money to be spent :D

21. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Insider #78 is available. Also picked up a copy of Star Wars Tales #21.

22. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Star Wars T-Shirts at Big-W ($15.97 if I recall correctly). These are a retro style in two designs. A red one with Luke and X-Wing and a grey one with Darth Vader. Sizes up to XXL. The perfect attire for a picnic in the park I would think :)

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sounds like it! But I have like 15 Star Wars T Shirts that have hardly been worn!! Mainly because they are so.....black.

24. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    And the problem with black is ???????????

25. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Picked up Insider #79 last week and #2 of "Obsession", the new scent by ..... , no, hang on, the five part comic, sorry, graphic story, which will prequel the ROTS comicalisation (well if you can have a novelisation....)

So, any other goodies out there at the moment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.