main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Collecting Artifacts

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Roger Goldleader, Dec 4, 2014.

1. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005

I've thought about how maybe the collector storyline is something to mirror how fan's and collectors have consumed Star Wars over the years. And how, perhaps, this movie will kind of be like how we should all let go of the past (even the old cast) and accept the new,

Rickern likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And still find time to whine and moan about the prequels?

DarthBreezy and darklordoftech like this.
  3. bluecadet3

bluecadet3 Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2013

[​IMG]

Redimet likes this.
  4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I don't get that reference, sorry. :(

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what planets this artifact collector will go to. Might she/he go to Ossus (which has been canonized as being full of artifacts)?
    It's The Collector from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Redimet and Grand_Moff_Jawa like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That's one huge gif.

bluecadet3 likes this.
  7. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    The collector wouldn't be different than any Sith that came before them. They all collected or searched for information or items from those that came before them. The reason is simple. More knowledge=more power. Imagine the potential of a holocron from someone like Plagueis. Palpatine had a large collection but after he was gone it may have ended up all over the place so it makes sense for someone aligned with the Sith to go about gathering whatever they can about the force.

TheBBP and Dra--- like this.
  8. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    I have a theory about the Collector.

The Collector is employed by the Empire. He's not all there. He's an old inquisitor type that they've altered and while he can find force users...he's a little unhinged. Along with finding force users, he can find force artifacts and the like.

This goes along with concept art we've seen of him in Imperial ships.

He's not going to be fit enough to go out and physically bring them in, so I'm guessing that's what Gwen's character is for.

9. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    Hopefully not. This wonderful teaser indicates something sinister (of monumental proportions) awakens (from the depths of the Galaxy lol), not some re-enactor - a wanna be Sith.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if we got to see "junkers". Some unholy crew that collects artifacts and steals here and there, and they run into something...

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Or a junkie...

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you. Someone who has paid attention to the story. Well, some of it's now Legends EU, but not all of it. Palpatine and Plagueis were portrayed as trying to learn as much about the Force as possible, and even in the PT you can see certain artifacts in his office.

So anyone trying to recreate the Order would first learn as much about the Sith as possible and that means becoming a kind of archeologist and a cultural anthropologist. Remember the Order was destroyed in ROTJ. Rebuilding here means literally digging your history up yourself.

I also wonder if the knowledge of building a lightsaber has been lost and this new Sith has to find one in order to have a blade. Or maybe he finds old knowledge of how to build his sword, which explains the archaic look.

I wonder if this also explains why Christie's blade is much different than we're used to -- is it also old or from an old design?

TheBBP, StarKiller81 and starocean90 like this.
  12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    How does one get the knowledge about the Sith if he's just some random Force Sensitive that wants to be Dark Sider, too? Maybe this guy finds Palpatine's holocron in the Imperial Palace, and with that, he goes on this treasure hunt? This could be the Darth Bane scenario played out here, but instead of searching for Sith Holocrons, this guy learns about where these Dark Lords had died and goes on an expedition to find their relics so they can be worn, again.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If one of the artifacts he finds is Revans Mask I am a happy person.

TheBBP and Dra--- like this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i also keep thinking about it being luke's saber but it's ANAKIN'S saber. that could make a huge difference.

JediFan215 likes this.
  15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Who knows if Darth Vader and the Emperor tinkered in using Force relics such as amulets, the Kaiber Crystal, etc. I still want to know if Palpatine intended to use the Kaiber crystal as the power source of the Death Star. Another weapon like that could easily make its way into the hands of the Empire again.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It has been confirmed that the Emperor did want to Use Kyber Crystals.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What do they do?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

They amplify a laser and you could get it amplified enough to make a laser to destroy a planet.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ha neeeerrrrrrd

D'an and Rookhelm like this.
  20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    hell yeah! that's sw nerd to you. tolkein/video game nerd would also be acceptable.

21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    The new SWTOR expansion gave me a few ideas. Yes it ain't canon(as far as we know. yet), but anything comming out after the disney deal and the canon reboot is suspect. The ide there was to create a psysical body for an ancient sith lord who was not quite dead, so he can be killed for real. Revan of course didn't use a whole bunch of artifacts to attempt resurrection, but maybe the bad guy here can. I don't know about you guys, but for me giving a corporeal form to a specter is much more acceptable than actually resurrecting someone who should be dead.

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

There is also the idea behind Satelle's words about how she not only sensed the Emperor and Revan, but a third power. This is what is so cool about the mythology of the Force, what we have canonically is vastly untapped. They can go any number of directions with it.

23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I was under the impression that the third power was good Revan. As in he was two separate entities and was observable as such. Remember that one side was a light side ghost and the other a living sith.

TheBBP likes this.
  24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I can see that.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Not to mention a little unnerving. I think these artifacts are to empower this particular user and perhaps reawaken the Sith.