NYC, NY Collecting Club/Group

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    An AT-AT?!?!?!?!?!? Oooohhhh.....
  2. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Yeah imagine a life-size AT-AT in your yard? LOL

And still no Qui-Gon saber :(
  3. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    Forget my yard...that thing would be in the middle of my block!!!!! LOL

They need to do Chewie's bowcaster.
  4. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I think the AT AT is 1/4 scale. I forgot how big the actual prop was. I saw a video on it a while back. I actually think the AT AT will be about 3 feet high.

I am just glad I am not into blasters.

Star Wars FX Jacket, Episode IV. WHY?????? No Thanks.

I am just more than thrilled that Gentle Giant is making a Bossk Bust. That will surely look great.
  5. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    A Mace FX saber?

Awesome.
  6. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone interested, TrU Union Square, just put out a case of Unleashed:Yoda,Han, and Boba.
    Plus the regular figures:Luke,Vader(RotJ),and Boba.
  7. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Star Wars FX Jacket, Episode IV. WHY?????? No Thanks After seeing this in person I take back what I said. Totally cool and will grab peoples attention. I definately want one to wear to major geek events.

I am working on completing my Mini Bust collection. I have recently acquired...

Yoda
    Jango Fett
    Darth Vader
    Biker Scout
    Greedo

I had to pay quite a bit on the secondary market for the older busts. I still need to get a few like Count Dooku, Zam Wessel, Anakin, Padme, Mace Windu AND Blue Clone Trooper(doubtful that I will get it).

I had to sell off all of my lego mini figs among other things I lost interest in just to gets funds for the older busts.
  8. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    managed to wrangle up some McQuarrie's and Red ARC's.
  9. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Just picked up Unleashed Han Solo, which is one of the better ones they've done so far. Also picked up 2 more LEGO minis...Star Destroyer and Imperial Shuttle.
  10. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    my 2nd Jorg Sacul arrived in the mail yesterday.
  11. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Did anyone order from the new Star Wars online store? Quite an impressive collection! Alot of it is too expensive, but I managed to pick up the Clone Wars pin set and poster, plus was early enough to get the free patches and trading cards.

I'm debating whether or not I want to go back and order Indiana Kermit as well...LOL
  12. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I went shopping at the new online store and order the Green Clone Mini bust, as I like to call him Indiana Frog(Muppet Babies reference, I am waiting for Kermit Froghoppper) and the Clone Wars poster. Also got the freebies.

The store has been taken down and the patches are out of stock now.
  13. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I tried logging in before to see what they had but no go. Guess that explains why.
  14. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    ok...got my 3rd McQuarrie today...and 2nd Red ARC...

Plus, I ordered the Sun Visor from SWshop...with the patches and the Topps cards
  15. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    All orders were canceled.

Message to Star Wars Fans and StarWarsShop.Com Customers
    Shortly after our new StarWarsShop.com opened Wednesday morning March 10, we received emails from several customers indicating that some transactional information on individuals? orders had been transmitted to others. We immediately shut down the shop, because security of information on orders sent by our fans is our top priority.

Our eCommerce partner, Analysts International, has assured us that no one?s personal credit card information was compromised.

We are very sorry?and surprised?that this problem occurred. We are working closely with Analysts International, which is responsible for handling the transactions on the site, to find out how this could have happened. We won?t reopen StarWarsShop.com until we are certain that this issue has been resolved.

As a result of the situation, we will not be processing any of the transactions placed Wednesday morning. You will need to place your order again when the shop reopens. All customers who placed an order before the site was taken down will be mailed a free set of Jedi movie patches and a $50 gift certificate to use for Star Wars merchandise on the site. We will give the entire Star Wars community sufficient notice before we relaunch the site.

Again, we apologize for the current situation and promise to keep you updated. We know that Star Wars fans want?and deserve?the very best, and we will continue to strive to ensure that our high standards are met.
  16. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    You have got to be kidding me????

I'm not getting my Sun Visor now????

But hey, how did I know that I would get screwed again.

But you know...$50 Gift Cert will help with getting the Vader FX saber. :D
  17. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I am so annoyed. But hey, we still get the patches plus a $50 gift certificate now, so I suppose it's not all bad. What bothers me is, if they can keep track of everyone who managed to get an order in, why can't they honor the orders that were already placed??

Ugh
  18. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    have no clue Meri...but maybe now they will have the right sized shirts.

I just knew that they would screw this up.
  19. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that sucks but you should be glad that it was caught and someone didn't steal your identidty and really screw things up for you.
  20. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Here is the response I got from customer service. Looks somewhat promising...

Dear Customer,
    We understand your concern regarding priority on orders of limited quantity items such as the Green Trooper bust, Vader Cinemacast, etc. We are attempting to come up with a solution that will allow those who purchased such items on March 10 to retain their priority. We will update you on our progress shortly.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service
    StarWarsShop.com
  21. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, that sounds pretty nice of them to try and keep priority on limited items. Hope they're successful.
  22. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yesterday I picked up one of the Japanese TOMY "mini statue" I got the Vader & Troopers one. There are 5 in the set. Today I picked up the Unleashed Clone Trooper at anew toy shop that opened a few blocks from me. Both look sweet.
  23. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I have not seen anything on the first set of things you mentioned...is there a site on them?
  24. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Well, I finally broke down and got the Obi-Wan mini-bust. I probably won't get into collecting the entire line, but this is one piece that has been nagging at me since it first came out almost 2 years ago...LOL.

The only other ones I can see myself getting is Leia, Maul and a Royal Guard if they ever get around to making them. Alot of OT ones are coming out this year though, so hopefully they'll continue with that.
  25. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    My friend got the Biker Scout bust and it looks awesome.
    And I just found out one of my Birthday gifts-The Attakus(sp?) Han Solo in Carbonite! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.