main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Collecting Contingent

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Sharon,

Yes he did, I paid him and he said he shipped it already. Ill let both of you know when it arrives.

Dale

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    It IS candy, and not bad candy either. Just little sugar pellets, but they melt in your mouth.

3. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Sharon,

Got the bust today. Thanks.

4. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Glad to return the favor, Dale! Still admiring my chrome Vader bust...

I might not be able to attend the monthly meetings, but will do my best to help fellow Orlando collectors.

:)

Happy hunting everyone!

5. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Gentle Giants has the Luke Stormtrooper bust available again, if you missed it the other day:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=6237

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    How do you folks catalog your collections?

Until they virtually stopped updating their site, I've used the Rebelscum/WDDG Wedge Collection Engine (for Hasbro at least). They just restarted updates but I'm now nearly a year behind on it. Considering a new direction but not positive how I want to go. -Campbell

7. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Microsoft Excell. It works great. Just alot of work. What I did was I put the movie from which they came from, and any other info such as series # and all that good stuff. I havent dont that in a WHILE though so I think I should go back and do that again...

8. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Well heres my trek for the day:

TRU at the West Oaks Mall had the Star Wars Buddies (beanie babies) with the OTC tags. Since I didnt have any of them I picked up the 4 that they had.

Then into the mall and bought some shoes. Nothing to see there, so I was moving along.

Next went to the Florida Mall to get sized for a Tux for my best friends wedding. So you know what happens next.

TRU at the Florida Mall. They had the last Star Wars Buddies I was looking for, and the 12 inch OTC Storm Trooper. Another 37.26 spent.

Since I was on that side of town I decided to head to Wal Mart. They finally got the Darth Vader and C3PO carrying (sp) cases in. Picked them both up, only 21.47 each.

So on my lovely day off I spent just a little over $200 on everything. Nice having the day off, but I get bored and always end up shopping.

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I stopped by Wal-mart too. Nice big pallet display of Star Wars. I'm not in love with the 3PO case. I have the original with the metallic finish so the last two incarnations didn't impress me. I did pick up the Vader case- I never got that one, so this was as good a time as any. Especially since I'm the guy that sports a picture of the darn thing on my credit card.

I also picked up the 3PO/Chewie Galactic Heroes and an OTC Dagobah Luke (the standing one, already had the upside down one).

It's tough to balance my Star Wars / DVD / and now Scuba habits. Oi.

10. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Found the VOTC Yoda & Vader while picking up hurricane supplies today at my local Wal Mart.

11. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Boba Fett.... Boba Fett, where? K-Mart in Winter Garden, I snagged myself the 12 OTC figure today. The circle is now complete.

12. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Costco 2 pack:

Anyone getting the X wing & Tie Fighter from Costco? Think they will be $30? They are due out in the next few weeks.

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Any pics of them, Im always interested.

Dale

14. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/3321-costco02.jpg

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm lazily looking for the Sam's Falcon + 6. That's my grail at the moment. But I've not even laid a hand on the 12" Fett or the K-Mart cantina 3-pk. Sigh.

The only good news is that I'm awfully close to posting at 11:38. Will I make it? Edits are for wusses- here goes...

16. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Beautiful...I believe that post is more coveted than any collectible listed here...

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Now I can't go in a store without seeing the Fett. I saw it moments ago in Wal-mart, and have seen it in Once Upon a Toy and K-mart as well. When it rains, it pours.

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Insanely, I know possess 3 of these beasts, at a variety of pricepoints. Two are being returned very soon.

19. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    New holiday exclusive:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34528

Who wants to bet they will show up at Once Upon a Toy as well?

20. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Lots of sales happening this week! TRU starts a sale today 9/19. Galactic Heros and 3 3/4" figs 2 for $7, OTC X wing & Tie Fighter, ask Yoda $13. Happy Hunting!

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Isn't it cool to see all the Star Wars coverage again, for a bit? I really like the Jawas exclusive, and have caught up on most of my wants. I'll be out and about toyrunning this week as time allows. good luck out there...

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    It's good to be a collector right now. And I'm not referring to the proliferation of high-end merchandise coming down the pike these days. I'm just saying that there is a lot of product on the shelves, relative to the last couple of years.

I've gotten the Red Unleashed Trooper, the Cantina 3-pack, and all of the VOTC e4/5 figures I want. Just now, at Wal-mart on John Young, I picked up a very cool magazine called Movie Magic with over 50 pages dedicated to SW, and the 3-packs* for ANH and ESB. Please post here or let me know if you find the ROTJ 3-pack. -Campbell

* - yes, I know the e4 one has four figs, but even the POP says 3-pk.

23. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=173005&path=0%3A4171%3A173005

Just in case you missed the WM 3 packs. They went pretty quick!

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I don't believe John Young ever put any Jedi-packs out. I can't see spending nearly $6 for postage on that one, but thanks for the link anyhow. I'll be keeping my eyes open.

Anyone getting the new soundtracks? Any count? I like the look of the 3 movie set of soundtracks.

25. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I am looking for the ROTJ pack also, picked up 2 Empires by mistake. D'oh!!!
    :(
    It was late, I was tired...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.