Calgary Collecting Corner

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Picked up McQurrie Darth Vader from Toy's R Us...they have canadian gold figs. everywhere.
  2. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Yesterday, picked up 501st CLone(Legends)@ Walmart, Mcqurrie Stormtrooper @ Toys R's,....left Gold Concept Boba/Marine @ Superstore. ANd saw Jeff Gordon/Episode one t-shirt (M) @ Value Village....practically new.
  3. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Man which superstore were those UGH's (gold coins at) I know someone looking for those and it's not me :D.
  4. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    These are all on Macleod....incidently....I am searching 4 early female "Luke"...
  5. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool I'll have to check it out and the Starkiller figure is in the next wave of figures along with Darth Malak and Revan. Also Gentle Giant has announced the next several releases for star wars busts and statues check out www.jedidefender.com for picks and www.red5collectibles.com to pre-order :cool:.

They are:
    - Asajj Ventress & Count Dooku statue
    - Emperor maquette
    - Shaak Ti mini bust
    - Aayla Secura mini bust
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude, that Ventress/Dooku looks amazing. It'll certainly take some saving.
  7. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Couldn't wait....went 2 ebay 4 StarKiller...$21.99.
  8. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Really $10.99 when they arrive at Red 5.
  9. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    21.99 plus and arm & leg for shipping. I'll gladly wait for my dealer to tell me the good are in.
  10. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Couldn't wait...buy now!....plus I need 2 break (20*) on ebay account.

$21.99 IS the total.
  11. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    SPOTTED:
    At Zellers, Chinook - in the Christmas section,

A Fabriche Darth Vader statue (Vader is making a Death Star snowball)
    $29.99 (there were 4 on the shelf - according to the package, there's also a Jawa figure and a Fett one but neither one was there)

Also, terrible (and I mean terrible) looking Yoda and Darth Vader nut-crackers. They're in official packaging but they look like junk (not sure what the price was).
  12. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    A while back someone on TDH had access to a whole bunch of the Fett statues and was selling them on there. I didn't pick one up though.
  13. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got the Acme Archives Snow Bunny Padme character key today and it looks awesome #633 of 1000. It was originally a SWS.COM exclusive now only 4 more keys and I'm done the clone wars line as I'm up to date on the OT keys.

Also got a R2-KT when I was at the pop culture fair in edmonton a week back nice figure and picked up my commander cody mini bust from ms_ventress.

Think that's all for now always more coming [face_dancing].
  14. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    So has anyone seen the Boba Fett holiday orinament yet? it's the one with the Han in carbonite.

Anywho just started seriously on my Darth Vader focus so in the coming weeks and hopefully at the next few meetings I'll have some stuff for show and tell.
  15. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, last week I was finally able to add a third model to my Star Wars Lego Ultimate collection: Darth Vader's TIE Advanced. With just over 1200 pieces, it took about 6 hours to build. I was VERY surprised to see it at Toy'R'Us, when I stopped there on a whim.
  16. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    New exclusive maquette is now up for pre-order at actionfigureexpress.com and it's freaking sweet. It is Luke VS Diagona monster and this piece is only available through afx and is limited to 1500 pieces worldwide.

Got mine ordered and check out rebelscum.com or actionfigureexpress.com for pictures. This maquette is scheduled to ship in January 2008 so act now.
  17. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Just recieved my POTF2 Italian Darth Vader and 2 more Saga Collection #38 Vader's one US and one Canadian card. So the Vader collection grows as I have a few european 30th anniversary carded figures enroute also.

18. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Checkout rebelscum.com for new pics of the upcoming CLone Wars packaging for the new figures, ships, and other products. Packaging looks amazing if your a mint on card collector and will be a welcome addition to any Star Wars collection. Make sure to keep your eyes open starting Feb 17th as that is when Toy Fair begins and we should see more of what's coming this year.
  19. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Shiny! I think this is my favorite card design yet. (the clone may have somthing to do with it ;) )
  20. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Edmonton Toy Show is coming up on April 20th, it will be in the Shaw Confernce Center this year.
  21. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm finding more and more toys for "The Force Unleashed" including LEGO and new toy "sith spike" lightsabers. It could be cool, but without the game to pull it all together it lacks something.

I think they really missed a window when they pushed the game release.
  22. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    I think there not missing the boat so much as they need to release something as a tease for the fans because people are very excited about the game. The figures are scheduled to be wave 2 this year and are going to be a huge success as most fans want something new and EU is going to be hot stuff this year. Because EU will be the way Hasbro moves in the next few years as that seems to be the way Lucasfilms is moving.
  23. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    So I finally saw today one of the upcoming statue dioramas Sideshow is releasing for Jurassic Park. Obviously, I can avoid BIG shipping costs by buying from Canada and not Sideshow directly.

Chinook and Hobby will be getting this, according to Trost Toys Distributing.

Since I am way up here, I would need to get Chinook and Hobby to mail it to me. Are they reliable for this kind of buying? I know one person bought online from them and never got their item. I don't really have much choice though.......... <_<

This is the item I am talking about:
    http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=8118
  24. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heck, I'll pick it up and drive it to you if you buy me one of my own!
  25. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think one of the guys whose post on this site runs a store and has connections with Sideshow maybe he could hook you up. Red 5 or something...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.