main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver COLLECTING DIVISION (Jedi Holocron Updated: 06/23/05)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Thank you Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma. Another collector cool !!!

2. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    ?Hope this answers your question.?

It sure does. ;) That?s quite an awesome collection of SW autographs, Antonio. :D

Also, I have a question for the [b]Jedi Holocron[/b] (or for anyone else available). Specifically, are [link=http://starwars.hasbro.com/]Hasbro?s[/link] [i]3 3/4 Inch Figures[/i] and [i]Deluxe Figures[/i] the same size or class of figure? [face_confused] I was looking at both of them side-by-side at [b]Toys R? Us[/b], and I could have sworn that the [i]Deluxe Figures[/i] looked slightly smaller than the [i]3 3/4 Inch Figures[/i], but maybe I was just tripping out.

[image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/product_images/84854_b.jpg] [image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/product_images/84878_b.jpg]
    [hr]
    Lastly, I made an important life decision today: if [link=http://www.masterreplicas.com/starwars/home.asp?sid=]Master Replicas[/link] comes out with either a [b]Obi-Wan Kenobi[/b] [i]SE[/i] or [i]Force FX[/i] lightsaber, I'm going to buy it without hesitation. [face_wink]

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Dan it appears that it is going to be another expensive year :)

4. JediMaster_Skywalker

JediMaster_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    If I find a steady source of income soon, i'm going to start saving up in case Master Replicas re-releases Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber with that Signature Edition myself,.. oh yeah,.. that's what SE stands for,.. hehe,..
    "i'm from Canada and they think i'm slow,.... eh?" --Simpsons

... anyways,.. to Master Obi-Dan: me personally, i hesitate about the FX lightsabers, i'm very picky about scale and accuracy.. i saw anakin's fx lightsaber and it was so large <--in the master replicas website, it did mention detail accuracy and scale were sacrificed to fit the electronic components,..

the store owner, in which i saw it, told me that what master replicas essentially did was take hasbro's lightsaber mold and fancied it up with the metal casing and light rod.. i didn't look at it thoroughly, but i felt that he had somewhat of an arguement there.. and also the sound chip was starting to go haywire cause of excessive "use" (probably bashing) of the product

but for the price you pay, it is so much lower compared to the scale prop replicas, actually making it affordable.. sorta.. j/k,.. the price range is decent, i believe in the collecting forums, there has been mention about better made lightsabers which glow more brightly and can take lots of abuse :) but,.. i can't remember which thread, and geeze, they have lots of'em... so please be careful when hocking out so much cash,... but you're hearing this from a guy who wants a chunk of metal with a little autographed plate costing 5-7 times the fx lightsaber and a plastic model standing 13" high costing at least $200 :D [face_laugh]

i hope i haven't dampened your spirits or anything,.. i just thought you might want to hear another thought,... i know you must have already done as much thinking about this stuff as i have,... that's all i think about! if i didn't, i'd be doing better at school :) j/k,... anyways, it's all sentimental value in the end, that's the important thing, cause it matters to you :) :)

Wow, this is dense and long.. how'd that happen? ?[face_plain]

5. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Anakin's FX Lightsaber is expensive...if you buy it from Master Replicas of course. And the Shipping and Handling Cost is unbelievable (I think it was around $50 USD). Not to mention the tax that you have to pay through Canadian Customs once it gets in the country.

I bought mine (Anakin's FX Lightsaber) from Ebay. But this seller has his own toy store, and I've been dealing with him for years. So when he emailed me and told me about the lightsaber, I never hesitated. Plus, when I placed a bid, it was only around $100 Cdn when it ended, and the shipping was $15, Canadian Customs taxed it for $20. So I only spent $135 Cdn on it.

It is a bit larger than scale, and it is also a bit fragile... but I only intended it to be part of my collection, not as a toy to play around with( I could buy the cheap ones for that; or I can just play with my Katana).

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi guys, I bought the Anakin saber from KB toys for $90 US and will be using it mainly as a display item. I also have the Dooku saber and yes the S&H charges are insane. It was $90 for duty
    and $100 for shipping for the Dooku saber.

7. JediMaster_Skywalker

Jul 23, 2002
    any recommendations on how to get signature edition lightsabers when more are released?

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I honestly dont know. Perhaps the shipping will be less since you folks are on the west coast. They ship via Fed Ex who in turn will
    bill you for the duty charges. The only thing I can think of is have the saber shipped to someone in the US. Have them wrap it up in Christmas wrapping and ship it to you and declare it a gift. The only problem is that if it is insured, you will be charged GST on the value of the insured amount when it hits Canada.

Hmmm...

9. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Hey fellow collectors. i was just at my local walmart and they just got the starwars unleashed figures in, but they are only stocking 1 character right now

10. JediMaster_Skywalker

Jul 23, 2002
    what was the character?,.. which walmart?

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I hate these timezones. By the time you folks are online it is time for me to head out !!!

12. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    it was the Padme figure at the abbotsford walmart

13. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    CrazyMike: ?Dan it appears that it is going to be another expensive year?

It certainly does, Mike. ;)

[b]JediMaster_Skywalker[/b]: ?[i]but for the price you pay, it is so much lower compared to the scale prop replicas, actually making it affordable.. sorta.. j/k,.. the price range is decent?. hope i haven't dampened your spirits or anything,.. i just thought you might want to hear another thought.[/i]?

Oh no, not at all. [face_happy] And I totally agree, [b]Brian[/b]. [face_wink] And indeed that would be the primary reason why I would buy an [i]FX lightsabre[/i]: its relatively reasonable price in relation to other [b]MR[/b] lightsabres. And in terms of the [i]SE lightsabres[/i], the only reason I could legitimize paying that kind of money for one of them is because they?re signed, scale size and more limited (usually 1000 units worldwide) than other [b]MR[/b] lightsabres. [face_happy]
    [hr]
    [b][/b]: ?[i]?or I can just play with my Katana).[/I]?

And I can just play with my bo (which is somewhat akin to [b]Darth Maul?s[/b] [link=http://members.tripod.com/goide1/maulsaber.gif]double-bladed lightsabre[/link]). [face_mischief]
    [hr]
    [b]clee94[/b]: ?[i]it was the Padme figure at the abbotsford walmart[/i]?

Oh my, [i][b]Padmé[/b] Unleashed[/i]: there was quite a bit of [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8134600&page=1]controversy[/link] about that specific figure, IIRC. [face_shocked]

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The Leia unleashed figure should be out in a few weeks in the US...

15. JediMaster_Skywalker

Jul 23, 2002
    drats!! abotsford is so far away from my home,.. i'm not that handy with a car and map yet, (hmm.. to go, or not to go?) but super thanks for the post!! keep it up yall! it's really helpful

controversy about padme?.. i agree, personally, i don't find anything wrong with it,... except they molded in n@#$les which do stick out,.. have you guys seen the slave leia unleashed figure?,.. almost all skin .. i even saw a segment on 20/20 which featured sexually explicit toys, and padme was one of the figures shown on the segment

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I did not see that 20/20 episode but the Leia unleashed with probably be on the next
    time they decide to have a similiar show...

17. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    (I)"And I can just play with my bo (which is somewhat akin to Darth Maul?s double-bladed lightsabre). "(/I)

Sweet! you learned how to use a bo?!?!?!? I prefer the Jo... I use something similar to a jo in Gung-fu, It's so fun to use weapons. ^_^

18. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi, guys. :D Here?s a brief update: YJN graciously linked this thread along with a couple others to our board header above. :) Also, now that our fledging Collecting Division is flourishing and in-depth dialogue is being exchanged at a rapacious rate, it?s now time to vote for a ?Collecting Director?: someone to lead and give direction to our Collecting Division. All members of Tipoca City, who are regular posters in this thread are, of course, both eligible for this position and eligible to vote.

So, if these four members would submit their votes to me via PM ASAP, I would be much obliged. ;) Also, you all are more than entitled to vote for yourself. Lastly, since I am involved with the Collecting Division (but as I am a rather pathetic SW collector), I will only cast a vote in the event of split-vote. :)

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good luck folks !!!

20. JediMaster_Skywalker

Jul 23, 2002
    Here's another place to add onto the holocron

Ultra Action Toys
    # 2075-8888 Odlin Crescent,
    Ricmond BC
    46X 3Z8
    Canada

www.ultraactiontoys.com

this a hobby store which specializes us and jap figures and collecible toys,.. they also buy or trade in old toys

for a hobby store, products are priced moderately to fairly cheap (for a hobby store).. i found a darth maul tatooine for retail price (in my experience, that is incredibly hard to come by in a hobby store).. they've got lots of transformer stuff,.. jap imported stuff too.. pretty nice place, just to even look around in and they seem pretty friendly there

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    So has anyone in the gang here ordered the Imperial shuttle...

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well there looks like another delay in the shipping date. It is now looking like Jan 25th.

23. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Alright everyone, the collectors of Tipoca City recently cast votes on who they wanted to be in charge of our burgeoning Collecting Division. All those who casted votes chose one man. Thus, it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you now, Tipoca City?s first Collecting Director: Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma! Congratulations, Antonio!

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Thumbs_Up.gif] [image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Woot.gif]

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Way to go Antonio !!!!

25. JediMaster_Skywalker

Jul 23, 2002
    The best dude for the job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.