main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Collecting finds

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Well guys I did my little tour around the area yesterday looking for new figures and the like. I didn't find anything that I wanted, but I did see a few things that the rest of you might be interested in. So here is my latest scouting report:

Londonderry K-Mart - Their stock was pretty low but I did see a Clone Trooper 3 pack that had a red trooper.

Plaistow WalMart - Nothing much new in at all, just single Clone War figures.

Derry WalMart - Again, nothing really to report.

Toys R Us Manchester - This was the gold mine, and would have gotten a few things had I had the money. They had the Jedi Council scenes, Geonosian War Room scenes, Obi Wan Unleashed, lots of Amidala and Anakin Unleashed, the Hoth value pack (that includes the Tauntaun with the removable guts!), and the Genosian fighter. They seem to be the best place for SW in the area right now.

And please: if anyone comes across a Princess Leia Unleashed or a Boba Fett Unleashed, PLEASE PLEASE let me know! I know that there is a better chance of me becoming a Jedi than finding these two, but hey.... I have to at least get the word out!

Happy hunting!!

2. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Good to know, Baron...I think that this would be a good place to list any and all collecting info. I know DJ posted pretty regular at Smartgroups regarding what's new collectible wise, so it looks like this'll be a new home for that information...

Rik

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    It might be a good idea to make this a sticky, so that all finds that we come across can stay here, just from a house cleaning point of view. No need to have several posts on the same topic huh??

4. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I haven't been checking the stores around here very much but after the last meeting I did check the manchester toys R' US and they didn't have anything. Last night I had to pick up a movie at the salem mall that I special ordered and I went into kaybee toys to buy the playskool millennium falcon. I had a hard time with the labels and I also had a problem with the battery door once the battery's were in the compartment.

5. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I was just on sir steve's a little while ago checking out the site briefly and there was something about battle damaged lightsabers from master replicas. There due out next year but you can pre order them in december. The darth maul lightsaber is going for $299.00 and they also have a darth vader lightsaber too. They also have the medal from yavin which is going for $99.00.

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Guys and gals,

While Christmas shopping yesterday in Salem, NH I made a couple of finds. At the K-Mart I found a couple of Durge w/ swoop bike, 2 Clone Trooper w/ speeder bike and 2 Clone trooper 3 pk w/ red clone. At Target they had Wat Tambor and the Jedi and Genosian war room scenes, both at $2 less than TRU.

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    New Hampshire is a great place to buy stuff. No sales tax.( I'm tired of the man taking all my hard earned money)

8. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Yesterday at Target in Nashua I found the Bail Organa figure who comes with a holo-comm unit and a holographic miniature of Obi-Wan Kenobi as he is being discovered by the Geonosians from Ep. II. It looked cool but I thought that Bail looked a little stoned.

I also saw the Senator Amidala figure when she was on Tatooine from Ep. II. She has the blue outfit on and a blue cloak that fits over her.

Unfortunately, that's all I've seen so far. I keep looking for new Clone War figures and I can only find Anakin, Yoda and the Arc Trooper. There's suppossed to be a set based on the Clone War cartoons.

-Cephas

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    How did the Amidala figure look Cephas? I'm considering getting it, but I really haven't seen too many good scans of it. And the Organa, would it be worth getting in your opinion? I've also heard that SW figs @ Target are supposed to be on sale for $3.99... any idea if it includes the new ones coming out?

10. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    The quick look I took of Amidala looked fine. Better than the Wedding Ceremony fig. I don't like it. The Bail one I think is worth having for several reasons. Among them: It's Leia's foster father, nuff said, right? The holo of Kenobi was sweet in my book. Plus, there've been worse Luke figs and we still crave them, right?

-Cephas

PS. Everyone seems to have a title, what's mine? I think I heard Jim mention I have the title of "Battle Strategist" due to my role-playing. Is this true?

11. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey, I know that DJ is our Advance Recon Scout, but check this out, the baddest Jedi ever!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php/cat/765/password/

-Cephas

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey Rik did you get any Clone Wars figures in yet? :D In particular, those bada$$ ARC troopers?

13. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I was on the collecting section yesterday and I checked out a photo of the clone trooper pilot and it looked cool. It looked like it had some battle damage on it because it had what I would call burn marks on the mini bust. Unfortunately it's going to be a wizard magazine exclusive. Also I was wondering if any of you guys have found c-3po w/ escape pod and there's also the ultra wampa figure. I can't think of the other one but they had a toy preview for 2004 on the collecting section.

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    DJ, I believe that the Wampa and the threepio escape pod are supposed to be released sometime this week, which means that we won't see them in New Hampshire for about four months :p

15. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    No, Meriwyn. No new anything from HASBRO. As a matter of fact, I just faxed them today to sever our relationship once and for all...Sounds bleak, I know, but they are just impossible to do business with. But don't panic! I think I have a pretty solid lead on a new distributor...keep your fingers crossed!

Rik

16. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I just remembered the other two that are supposed to be coming out. R-3po the droid that was briefly seen in the empire strikes back in the rebel hanger on hoth and the other one is general reikan. I also saw the first brown coated han solo. Somebody bought it on ebay along with a couple other repacks. There was also the third wave of the clone wars figures. They had pictures of kit fisto, saese tinn, and the super poseable clone trooper. I think that's the one cephas was talking about at the last meeting. One last thing I was wondering if any of you guys had seen the red ARC clone trooper that was seen in the clone wars cartoon because I saw a picture of the red ARC clone trooper and it looked awesome.

17. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Rik, I read about this on Sir Steve's Guide tonight. Any word on when you'll be getting them in?

" wave 3 MINI Star Wars sets at Toys R Us. Wave 3 is similar to the wave 2 sets, larger boxes and more pieces, that sell for $6.99 each. Wave 3 includes a Star Destroyer, an AT-TE, an Imperial Shuttle, and the Sith Infiltrator."

I think they all sound cool except the Sith Infiltrator. Not a huge fan of that ship. But each set needs at least one so-so ship,, right? I wonder what the new bonus ship is?

Guesses anyone? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the B-Wing. That'd be a cool lego ship mini!

-Cephas

18. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I heard rumors that there isn't a bonus ship this time :(

19. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    I haven't even seen any solicitations from LEGO yet, so who knows! Did it say a release date at "SirSteve's"? LEGO is great to do business with...If I call them to order something like, tonight, It'll be on my doorstep in 3 days. I'll call my representative, and get back to ya...

Rik

20. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I have a question has anyone seen the 12 inch luke skywalker, lando calrissian w/ skiff guard attire, and han solo w/ quick draw action. The return of the jedi luke was supposed to come out this fall. The lando 12 inch is actually pictured on the back of the tie fighter that I picked up at kaybee toys and I think the han solo was supposed to come out this past spring.

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    DJ, I've heard somewhere that the Lando skiff is out, but haven't seen it myself. I'd say SirSteve's would be the best place to check on any kind of release dates. Just keep in mind though that we seem to get everything late here in NH...

22. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just want you to know that I found Barriss Offee at target in salem on saturday night. John the figure's at target aren't $3.99 they're $4.79.

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I guess the sale is over then. I mentioned the 3.99 price because it was mentioned that Target was having a sale on figures for the 3.99 price. Did they have anything else at Target?

24. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I'm not sure if all of these are correct but here goes they had aayla secura, coleman trebor, and one of the younglings. The youngling might come with yoda but I can't remember. They also had a republic gunship. Like I said I can't remember everything that they had but most of them were old figures.

25. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I was just on sir steve's and I found out that the new mini lego's just showed up at Toys R' US. Of course this is in utah so I don't know if the stores around here would have them. I was just at the salem Toys R' US looking for figures and didn't check the lego section so they could have them. They also have the dagobah x-wing and after the last meeting when I went to Toys R' US to see if they had anything I found the dagobah x-wing. John I didn't find anything on the 12 inch figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.