main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Collecting finds

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It sounds like you get a much better selection than I do around here. There are a lot of stores around me but they just have tons of garbage.

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I came across a couple of silver clone troopers at the Concord TRU yesterday. Just thought you would like to know... I seem to remember hearing at the last meeting that some of us were still looking for one or three.... :)

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I could use one.

4. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, last night Jason took me to Walmart in Derry and I got Gold Leader and the Tie Fighter Pilot. My father took me to the Plaistow Walmart but they had absolutely nothing. Scott if you want a Silver Clone Trooper I can get you one and bring it to the party next month.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys!

I'm coming to you from the great Province of Nova Scotia! I'm here visiting my sister in Halifax, and let me tell ya, it's great here :)

As for SW stuff, I've found something that I haven't seen in the States before. They're something like 'scene packs'. There is one for the Death Star, Hoth, Endor and Geonosis. They all come with one figure and accessories. For example, the Death Star package comes with a Death Star trooper, ad stormtrooper helmet, blaster rack, 4 different blasters, IT-0 droid and a mouse droid.

Kinda neat... but they are a bit pricey at 14.99 Cdn. Just thought ya might want to know :)

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The new wave of Unleashed figures was just announced today! This time around we're looking at Bossk, Tusken Raider, and Aayla Secura. The next wave coming in the fall was also announced.

7. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, last Saturday when Jason and I went to the movies to see Hellboy I stopped at the Salem Toys R'US to see if they had any new figures. I was able to get Dengar and Bossk from the Star Destroyer wave. I also checked the Salem Target but they didn't have anything. I also ordered a couple of the Kubrick figures from Cloud City Collectibles yesterday. I saw that same news item on the new Unleashed and I also saw some pictures of them and they look awesome. They're coming out with IG-88, Aurra Sing, and a Stormtrooper in the fall.

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I came across the Endor wave at the Manchester Wal-Mart (they had figs this time... who knew?) :p and the Star Destroyer wave at the TRU in Concord.

If anyone comes across a Leia Unleashed, please, please pick it up for me! I'm in serious need of one! Damn collecting disease... :p

9. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Toys R Us, and Wall Mart each had some of the new ones (dengar, Bosk, gold leader, Han as atst driver, and both the bearded rebel leader; they even had a R1-?? the turret topped predicessor to the R2 series that the Jawas had). I havn't checked target yet.

Also of note Toys R Us id doing a buy one get one 50% off sale on all legos eccept clik-its if I understand the signs correctly.

10. Sabaccs_luck

Dec 10, 2003
    The concord TRU has the Darth Sidious and Luke unleashed. I have to say the Luke looks sweet with the almost crescent translucent sabre arch around him. It's like a trail of green fire behund him. The the black jedi throne room suit looks like it was done well and not like an afterthought like some action figures can.

The Sidious looks alright. It's a little creepy to see so much of his face. He's got a look that barely makes sense and can best be described as a drooping skull. The robes are sweet, but I've never considered the emporor an impressive figure so posing him stikes as strange as if you were to mount a Bee in attack mode as a hunting trophy. Yeah bees can kill people and such but they are not an obvious threat. That's the emporors power as far as I'm concerned, he is the shadow that suffering to so many who never knew it was him doing it all.

11. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just want to let you know about a sweet collectible find that I got on my birthday. My father and I went to the Salem flea market but they didn't have anything for Star Wars stuff. So we went to the Derry flea market and there was a guy selling Episode one stuff. He had a bunch of food toys like the Queen's Royal Starship, Droid Starfighter, and I think he had the Naboo Starfighter. These toys were available at Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC. He also had cup toppers which were also available from Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC. I ended up getting Darth Maul because he's my favorite character but he also had a bunch of other ones too. He also had some Episode two figures and all three Cantina sets that were at Walmart. He also had X-wing Luke Skywalker from Power Of The Jedi which is being re-released in the Dagobah wave. I got Jedi Academy for my birthday and I also got the AT-TE mini LEGO also.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    What day was the flea market DJ? Was it on a Sunday? Maybe this could be a club 'scavenger hunt' for after our meet, going to flea markets? How much did he want for the Cantina sets?

13. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Yeah John, the flea market was on a Sunday and I only paid five dollars for the cup topper that I bought. I can't remember how much the Canina sets were but I know it was a good deal.

14. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    What are the hours of the flea market DJ, and where is it located? I might want to take a look at it myself :)

15. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    It's in Derry across the street from Clam Heaven and it's called the Grandview flea market and I'm not sure what the hours are but it's only open Saturday and Sunday.

16. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I had to go to Hallmark to get a Father's Day Card and after I got my cards I went over to Wallmart to check on the figures. They had some of the Endor Wave figure's like Crix Madine and General Calrissian. I ended up by getting a couple of the General Calrissian's. They had lots of figure's but most of them were old ones. They had three General Calrissian's and two Crix Madine's. They had tons of Snowtroopers, Throne room Luke Skywalker's, Han Hoth's, Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony, Bossk, and Bariss Offee. By the way I forgot to mention that this was in Plaistow and it was late this morning around eleven eleven-thirty. When I was in the Hallmark store I asked the woman at the counter when the Star Wars ornaments were coming out and she said that she thought they were coming out in July. We had a hard time getting out of the Walmart parking lot because someone had broken down where the exit is. They also have construction going on because they're putting in a Home Depot in that plaza.

17. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just want to let you know that I got the first original trilogy action figures today. The UPS guy came around early afternoon. I only got two of the figures I ordered from Cloud City Collectibles because the other one wasn't in stock yet. I got Dagobah R2-D2 and the vintage Obi-wan Kenobi. The R2 figure is really cool because he makes sounds and lights up. I also like this figure because he's covered with mud just like in the scene in Empire Strikes Back. I think it's the best looking R2 figure yet. The vintage Obi-wan Kenobi is really cool too and it comes with a protective clamshell covering with a cool looking OTC logo on it.

18. Sabaccs_luck

Dec 10, 2003
    I just gotted four new figs with the original packaging at the Wal mart in concord.

R2
    3po
    Liea
    and Boba

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I wen there last night and picked up the Cloud Car pilot. I love the packaging! It's sweeeeet!! I can't wait to see the vintage OTC though, with the super articulated figures. From what I've seen and read, these will be the end all be all of SW figures! :)

20. Sabaccs_luck

Dec 10, 2003
    I went again yesterday and they had more new ones.

a second style Leia

Han

Luke in pilot and jedi at jabbas

befor they had lobot

and the pilot of the cloud car but those seem to be gone already. I'd love one of the scout troopers but havn'yt seen one yet.

21. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I was talking to Jason Friday night and he said he picked up Dagobah Luke and X-wing Luke from the OTC collection. He bought two of the X-wing Luke's so he gave me one. I think it's the same Luke that came out for the POTJ series. Then Yesterday I was talking to Jason on the Phone and he told me that he got Dagobah Obi-wan. He told me that they had a bunch of figure's at the Derry Walmart. You guys won't believe the figure's that I found. I was able to get Dagobah Luke, Spirit Obi-wan, Bespin Leia, the hall of fame Stormtrooper, and the hall of fame Darth Vader. Some of the figure's were down under the ones that were hanging up. I couldn't believe that I found Dagobah Obi-wan, the hall of fame Stormtrooper, and the hall of fame Darth Vader. I'm glad that I was able to make up for not getting the hall of fame Stormtrooper at Target plus I was looking for the hall of fame Darth Vader. Ken just to let you know the Derry Walmart had a couple Scout Trooper's. You're right John the OTC packaging is sweet. The first time I saw it was when I bought Dagobah R2 from Cloud City Collectibles I thought it was cool. I like the fact that they have the scenes behind the figure. The vintage figure's are some of the best figure's that Hasbro has come out with and I can't wait to get some figure's from Empire Strikes Back. The packaging for the vintage figure's are really cool too. Dagobah Luke is a really cool figure because he's got dirt all over him.

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I was in Canada for a few days and I picked up the Princess Leia Vintage Collectors figure. Is it ever sweet!!! Great articulation, it looks like the Princess and overall is a great figure! They also had the Obi Wan and Han, but no Luke's. I figure that they should be hitting here any time soon....

23. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    You know I wasn't going to get the vintage Princess Leia figure but I saw a picture of it on fanforce and it looks awesome so I just might get it when it shows up. I still haven't received my vintage Luke Skywalker yet from Cloud City Collectibles and I emailed them and they said it would be early July when it would be in stock. I was on there another time and I noticed that it said mid July. I love Cloud City Collectibles I mean it is expensive but they're the best site on the internet for Star Wars Collectibles.

24. TheRealLukeSkywalker

TheRealLukeSkywalker Jedi Master

Jul 28, 2003
    ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!! For those of you who would like a Leia Slave,I have the place. I was in portsmouth RT 1 on sat and the walmart on rt 1 which might be in seabrook had like 5 of them. Granted they weren't in the best of shape like a crease in the plastic but it was still her. I bought 1 so I could have sweet dreams and I almost picked up the rest for you guys but I didn't know if you would want them. By the way I also got to find a Obie and Han Vintage in the case at TRU in Manchester and Portsmouth. So all in all a great day if I do say so myself.

All you have to do is keep the faith.

Brodie

25. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey John, Rik just got some Leia Unleashed in and he put one aside for me because he hadn't put them in the system yet. He got five of them in so I'm sure he can put one aside for you if you don't have the money right now. The magazine Rik was looking at had the Leia Unleashed going for a whopping seventy-five dollars :eek:. I guess the Leia Unleashed is in high demand for them to have it at that price. I saw it Friday night and let me tell you it is awesome and she even has the restraint and part of the chain from Jabba's palace. The art on the packaging is so sweet it's hard to describe. It's like they made Leia hotter than she actually is. When I saw Leia I couldn't believe it and I know that you have been looking for her. I thought to myself John is going to flip over this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.