main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Collecting finds

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, Saturday Jason and I were out and I stopped in to the Salem Target just to see if they had the new collectible cups and they did. They had three Leia's so I got one. The figure looks pretty cool and she has the restraint around her neck and part of the chain. I don't know if this is the same figure that came out for the POTJ with the deck gun but it's still a cool figure. now I just have to find the Luke Skywalker collectible cup. I checked Toys R'US to see if they had anything new and I saw the Tie Fighter and the X-Wing Fighter. I also saw Darth Vader's Tie Fighter which comes with a Darth Vader figure. I think that Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is a Toys R' US exclusive but I'm not sure.

2. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I just got the scout trooper in original card.

I'd love one of the slave Leia unleashed. I think at the next meeting we need to reveiw the possibilities in the wanted posts.

I also have a picture of Chewy signed by Peter Mayhew himself. I even got a few questions answered by the man himself down at the con.

3. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey Ken did you see my post about the Leia Unleashed because Rik had five of them but he put one aside for me. I don't know if they will last because they're very popular.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I picked up my Leia Unleashed Saturday and I just have one word: Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! **drool** Man, sure does bring back a few fantasies that I had as a teenager! LOL

I also just saw the first trailer for KOTOR II, and I gotta tell you, it looks just as good if not better than the first one!! It looks amazing! And this time around, the choices you make will also affect your party members as well. If you make some dark side choices, they will start to go that path as well. If you go to the offical KOTOR site, you can catch the trailer there. www.swkotor.com

Later!

5. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I finally got my vintage Luke Skywalker from Cloud City Collectibles and man is it sweet! The sculp of the figure looks exactly like Mark Hamill and he's got real cloth for the tunic that he wears in a New Hope which is really cool. The Obi-wan Kenobi vintage figure also has real cloth for the tunic that he wears in a New Hope. One thing I like about the vintage figures is that the hole is not punched out where they hang the figures on the rack. I think that these figures are the best figures of all time. I'm really going to enjoy collecting them this summer. Hey John did you go to the Cantina to get your Leia Unleashed or did you get it in the stores because I haven't seen it in the stores.

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    DJ, I got mine at Rik's. I know that they are really, really hard to find in stores. But wow, she just looks absolutely awesome! :D

7. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just got the vintage Leia and the vintage Darth Vader from Cloud City Collectibles yesterday and the Leia figure is awesome. I like how she has real cloth for her gown that she wears in a New Hope. I think the sculp of the figure is really good too. I like it better than the Imperial Captive Leia which I have also in the Saga packaging. The Darth Vader is sweet also and he has real cloth for his cape. He comes with his lightsaber hilt and the full lightsaber which I think is cool. The designs for the lightsaber's were done really good too. His chest plate is black and doesn't have any silver in it and that really isn't an accurate representation of Vader but I'm not going to complain. I just looked at my Hall Of Fame Darth Vader and he has a little silver in his chest plate which isn't accurate but it's not a big deal. I just watched a New Hope last Friday and I noticed that Vader doesn't have any silver in his chest plate it's all black.

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, at the Wal Mart in Concord they have the VOTC Han, Leia and Obi Wan. Of course, Luke was no where to be found....

9. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you about some collecting finds that I got. Sunday when Jason and I went up to the Cantina to find out if we were meeting I went into the Hooksett Target. They had the OTC Millennium Falcon which is electronic but I'm not going to get it. I also saw it at Toys R' US in Manchester along with ask Yoda and a Jedi Council Screen Scene. It's the one with Qui-gon Jinn and it was in the Original Trilogy packaging. Target had all three of the OTC 12 inch figure's and I ended up by getting Luke Skywalker. They also had the Luke Skywalker in X-wing gear w/collectible cup and I got that too. Last but not least they had the vintage Obi-wan, Princess Leia, and Han Solo figure's. Yesterday I had to get something for somebody at Hallmark and I ended up by getting the Chewbacca and C-3PO ornament. I was very surprised that it was out already because I thought that it was coming out in October. I knew about the Anakin Skywalker from Attack Of The Clones but I didn't expect that one. I was very happy to get that one and it's really cool. The netting that C-3PO is in is real which I really like. I can't wait til October when the Star Destroyer w/Rebel Blockade Runner ornament comes out.

10. TheRealLukeSkywalker

TheRealLukeSkywalker Jedi Master

Jul 28, 2003
    Hey guys I just wanted to say that the K-Mart in hooksett had some good things today. The only thing I bought was the Boba Fett 12" in Blue instead of grey. I know it is the harder to come by so I said sweet. They also had the original Han, leia and Obi but since I had them I just thought I would tell you guys too.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, at the TRU in Concord they have some of the VOTC Empire Strikes Back figures! I picked up the Vader and I gotta say, it is SWA-WEEEEET!! :D It has the most Awesome articulation! For other VOTC, they had Yoda, Luke, Han and Obi. At the Concord Wal Mart I found alot of the OTC figs and picked up the Stormie I've been searching for. They also had some Greedo's, if you should feel inclined. Let the product flow!! :D

12. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I received my OTC 12 inch Boba Fett from Cloud City Collectibles on Tuesday and it is awesome. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that they had the OTC 12 inch figures but Boba Fett wasn't in stock and that's the one that I really wanted. So I typed my email so they could notify me when it was going to be in stock and they emailed me back right away to say that it was available for back order.

13. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, when Jason and I went to the Cantina to pick up my Leia Unleashed afterwards we stopped at Toys R' US to see what they had and I saw that they had the plush buddies so I got a couple of them. They only had one of C-3PO so I got him and I also got Chewbacca. I also ordered the Aayla Secura Unleashed and the Bossk Unleashed from Cloud City Collectibles. My parents paid for it and they will be giving it to me for Christmas. I can't wait to see them in person because all the pictures that I have seen of them have been awesome.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Not to burst your bubble but I've heard the Aayla figure isn't as impressive as the pics show. Check out the Boston Collecting thread for more feedback.

15. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, yesterday when I called Jason he told me that the Derry Walmart had the Galactic Heroes. It took me a while but I finally found the display. They have it in a place that you'd never know that they were there. I ended up by getting Princess Leia and Han Solo, Obi-wan and Darth Vader, and Luke Skywalker and R2-D2. They had the Darth vader and C-3PO carrying cases too. They also had other figures with the Galactic Heroes. They also had the X-wing Luke Skywalker Unleashed and the Chewbacca Unleashed. They had one 12 inch OTC Luke Skywalker also.

16. Sabaccs_luck

Dec 10, 2003
    Princess L Unleashed and OB1 Unleashed where at the Toys R Us in Concord.
    Along with the plushies. They had two yoda plushies when I was there Weds. afternoon. They also had the New Millenium Falcon lego and action figure sets.

17. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, after I got home from the mall this past Saturday my father told me that K-mart was having a sale and that everything was 25% off. I looked at the flyer and saw that they had the Mos Eisley Cantina Screen Scene one. So after my father finished with work on Sunday he gave me a ride over to the Londonderry K-mart. I ended up by getting the Screen Scene and one of the new Galactic Heroes. I got Jango Fett and Obi-wan but they also had Yoda and Clonetrooper, and Padme and Anakin. The only problem I have with the Mos Eisley Cantina Screen Scene is the paint job because somebody shaded the figures and it doesn't look good. I looked at all the ones that they had there and they were all different. Some had more shading and some had not enough, plus a few of the sets had some imperfections on them. I was trying to find the perfect one but I didn't want any imperfections on it. There was only one that had really good detail on Dr. Evazan's face but I didn't get that one. I really shouldn't be anal about these things but it just doesn't look good. I'm not going to worry about it anymore but I just don't know why they did that. I don't know if all of them are like that or if the second Screen Scene is going to be like that too. You know it's funny when you look on the back of the package it doesn't show any shading on it. It seems to be the most popular one out of the two because Cloud City Collectibles doesn't have any in stock. I'm still happy that I got it and it's a pretty good figure set. Have any of you guys noticed this besides me.

18. Sabaccs_luck

Dec 10, 2003
    I found some great things in concord today but can't afford them.

Alya Secura Unleashed, Bosk Unleashed, Tusken Raider unleashed where all at target with some of the new 'old' figures.

Wal mart has had the Retro and New 'old' figures and some of those munchkin galactic heros (chewy and 3po luke and r2.

Toys R Us is green tag saling some of it's toys and Padme unleashed Annakin unleashed and the twelve inch of (only a few) some characters are all 50% off.

19. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi ALL,

DJ.........How do you do it. lol :)

1st. off the time.....lol

2nd. the $$$ I wish I had your bank account. Now I know why you have NO money to go to C3. OHHhhhh....

I've looked back over the last couple of pages here and if you'd just save that money burning a hole in your pocket. You could have been to C3 and back bye now. WOW lol

Anyways.... I'm sory I never realy post my new find on here. I should try more. lol But I cant keep up. :)

I did how ever get the new unleased fig. Alya Secura , Bosk, Tusken Raider and the Empre where all at target in Danvers MA. where I work now.

OK guy's have fun.......

SeeYa !
    TK

20. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just want you to know that I picked up the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD last night at the Manchester mall and I also picked up two of the commemorative DVD figure sets at Walmart. When I saw those sets in the Star Wars Insider I knew that I wanted them. I couldn't find the Return Of The Jedi set at the Derry Walmart so after I picked up the Star Wars DVD I went in to the Manchester walmart to see if they had it but they didn't. The Manchester Walmart did have the Star Wars Monopoly with different pewter figures but I can't remember all of them. They're different from the ones that I have from my set which I bought on EBAY. The Star Wars Monopoly was going for $7.88 which I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I noticed a few things with the New Hope set and the Empire Strikes Back set. The Obi-wan figure is the same one from the basic OTC figures and the same one that comes with the collectible cup from Target. C-3PO has sand on him so I think it's the same one from POTF. Han has a blue vest instead of a black one with the Empire Strikes Back set. I also picked up the OTC Greedo and the OTC Scout Trooper at the Derry Walmart. After my father and I got done with work this morning we took a ride to the Plaistow Walmart and I was able to get the Return Of The Jedi set and that's the one I wanted out of all of them. The Emperor figure is the same one that came out with the Saga line. We took a look at the regular figure's in the toy section but the only thing they had was the VOTC Yoda. The ones that I'm looking for are the VOTC C-3PO and the VOTC Lando Calrissian. I understand what your're saying TK and I really want to go to C3 but I just didn't want to give up being able to go places and do things, plus buy some stuff when I see it. I live at home with my parents so I don't have to pay a lot of bills or have car payments. I'm busy the whole week volunteering at Parkland Medical Center and working with my father two days a week. Also I just started working at a eye doctors office near where I live one day a week. Your're right TK it is hard to keep up with all the collectibles that come out and you have to keep checking all the stores constantly. Oh by the way thank you again for pre-ordering the Star Wars Trilogy for me I'll be watching it this weekend. I hope everything has been going good for you and I hope to see you at the next meeting.

21. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, my father took me to the hallmark store in Plaistow this morning so I could get the Star Destroyer ornament and while I was there I went into the Plaistow Walmart. I was able to get the VOTC Boba Fett and the VOTC R2-D2. They also had plenty of stormtroopers, two Lando's, one Vader, and two Boba Fetts. They didn't have the VOTC C-3PO or the VOTC Chewbacca.

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Have you taken the Boba Fett out of the package DJ? I took a look at in the package and it really didn't seem all that different from the Pit of Carkoon Fett, except that his rocket pack is a bit different and has a cloth cape. I for one though want to get at least Stormtroopers. They look sweet!!

23. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey John, no I haven't took Boba Fett out of the package because I'm more of a collector and I really don't take the figure's out of the package and play with them. I don't have enough money or the room to buy doubles so I just leave them in the package. I know that there are some people that like to display them and then there are some people that think that the figure's look much better in the package. I haven't played with my figure's since I was young and the only figure's that are out of the packages are my vintage figure's. In fact I'd like to get a display case for my Unleashed figures. I did look at Boba Fett briefly in the store to see if he had a cloth cape and I couldn't see it. I didn't realize that Boba's rocket was different. I read about the figure on Fanforce and they called it the best Boba Fett yet. I know that his antenna is moveable and that his gauntlets move also.

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, FYI the Concord Wal Mart has a new shipment of figs in, this time the Endor wave in the OTC packaging. There were plenty of AT ST Han if anyone is looking. I know that I never saw one the first time they came out...

25. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, just to let you know I received my Silver Sandtrooper the Wednesday after our meeting and it came in a nice starcase. It looks really awesome. I thought I would mention some things I found lately at some of the stores. I had a appointment one Friday morning and after my father and I went to Toys R'US to check on the Silver Darth Vader. They had the VOTC Lando, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and the VOTC R2-D2. I also saw the first appearance of the Y-wing and they had the Darth Vader bank which I think is really sweet. I've never seen it before and I told my father that I wanted it for christmas. Recently Jason and I went to the Mall Of New Hampshire and on the way back we stopped at the Derry Walmart just to see if they had anything new. The only things of importance were the upside down Luke Skywalker and the Red Clone Trooper Unleashed which I hear is a hard one to find. The other variation of Luke was not in very good condition so I wouldn't buy it. Then Saturday afternoon Jason and I went to the Cantina so I could get the new Insider and I noticed that Rik got in the Luke Skywalker minibust so Beth put one aside for me. I ended up by getting the Bossk mini bust at the last meeting. After we left the Cantina we stopped in to Toys R'US because Jason wanted to find a certain game and I checked the Star Wars section. They had a bunch of the Silver Darth vader's but I already ordered one from Cloud City Collectibles because it looked like Toys R'US was not going to get them in. I also saw the Darth Vader Voice Changer and I told my father that I wanted that for chritmas. This is another thing that I never saw when it originally came out of course I'm a bigger collector now then I was back then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.