main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Collecting Funds

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I asked Rox if we had to become a non-profit organzization to accept money from our members. He said we don't have to file for non-profit because the money's coming out of member pockets. This is what YoungJediNiagara told me:

"If the club is looking for funding, it will have to come from within the club itself.
    Our club has a club "kitty" that we use for anything club related. It works like this: If we have a games night or movie night and we want to order pizza and pop, everyone puts in $5 and whatever is left is "banked".
    We have about $200 on hand right now to use for things like the website and other club related things.
    The club remains "non-profit" because the money is for the club not the person running the club (if it is just one person)."

So folks, it looks like we can start the website and stuff. I think this is wonderful. I wanna get started on this right away. We're getting close to the one month mark. I'd like to get the domain and site setup so we can talk to newspapers and stuff. When Ep1 came out, I had my website listed with the Senator and in an article about Fan Day. Also, I'd like the domain on the shirts we wear. If we accept $5 dollars from every member, this would be more than enough for the domain and site, plus we'd have some money left over for other stuff.

Another issue, should we assign someone to be a treasurer? I suppose this would be a good idea. There could be someone that tells us how much money we have left when we're deciding things and collects money from the members.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I would pay if I had money, really I would.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I don't know if $5 is the amount. If the group decides we should all contribute something lower, that's fine. Maybe you'll only have to contribute a dollar or two. If everyone contributed $2-3 we'd have enough to do the website.

4. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Whatever amount helps, dude. Money isn't the issue for me......it's the time to attend the meetings (being such a great distance.)

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    sithspawn, that's great! You'll only have to contribute as much as everyone else, unless you want to put in more, that's your decision. Basically, once I get enough to register the domain, and enough to sign up for hosting, I will. And I'll get the new design for the site up there too. Another thing, what do you all think of marylandforce.net for the domain. I want to use MD so we can host other lines and stuff on there.

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    How about, MarylandJedi.net?

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hmm, that's not bad. I think at the next meeting we'll have to get some other ideas and then set up a poll.

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    How about, Chissduderulestheworld.net!

9. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I vote for MarylandJedi.net! (unless something better comes up.)
    Fab idea Chissdude!

10. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    So will it be a .net or can we get our hands on a .org site. I like Marylandforce.net or MDFanForce.net or BaltimoreFanForce.net or MDJediCouncil.net or CharmCityForce.net or MDSpork.net!! I kinda like the last one! :D

P.S. We could throw in DarkHelmetRulez.net! Sorry Chissdude10.... :D

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I want to use Maryland to make a wider audience. That way, in the future, we can post details for the entire state.

We can use .org, but I like .com and .net more. And .net sounds better for this than .com.

And, btw, it would be mogookrules.net if anything. 8-}

But DRK_HLMT, I can create a poll with all these ideas.

12. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    "MarylandJediCouncil.net".......that sounds good! Magook,.....how many more suggestions do we need before we can put up a poll?

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, you probably only need 2 choices. So, I could set up a poll now. Do you want me to set it up here, or on the website?

14. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I think we should have atlest four items to poll on.......it's more democratic.

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Definitely. I think DRK_HLMT posted four himself. So, we have more than enough choices.

16. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I cant help but to nitice that the boards have had REALLY lite posting this weekend (WOW......some of us must actually have lives!) Shouldn't we wait till like Tues or Weds when more members have had a chance to post ideas?

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. By Wednesday, we should have enough ideas and comments.

I've noticed the same thing. I have a theory, the Posting Wave Theory. The posting comes in waves. A few weeks (maybe a month), if you left for 5 minutes, there'd be several posts when you got back. Now, sometimes, I'll post something before I go to bed, and the next morning, there won't be anymore new posts.

But I'm not complaining, I understand that people have responsibilities and work.

18. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I hear that. It seems like we have been the only three on here all weekend. Kinda makes ya think. lol

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It sure does. lol

20. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.