main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collecting in Huntsville

Discussion in 'Archive: Huntsville, AL' started by The Larch, Jan 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Well, since I'm sitting here bored in the middle of this Hoth-like weather, thought I'd start a new thread.

Anyone else trying to keep up with SW figures, toys, or anything else? I'm not buying everything, but there are some figs I like a lot. Not really buying ships or anything else, unless I see something cheap :). It is frustrating to find some of this stuff, tho. I don't know if it's scalpers here locally or what. Maybe the stores just aren't ordering that much stuff. I've been pretty lucky so far and have found everything I wanted, eventually, after hitting every Wal-Mart, Kmart, KB, etc. in town. It's a pain. Anyone know of good places to get new figs, or days/times to check stores, or scalpers to be shot on sight? The only method to the madness for me seems to be that Friday is the best day to look for new stuff, but that doesn't always work, and I've found goodies at random times on random days. And I *never* find anything at Toys R Us. I hear that new stuff appears there regularly, but apparently I'm always beaten to it.

Anyway, just throwing this out to keep the Hville forum alive. :)

2. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    Hey Larch, I am with you. Though I am not a big collector, I do have those figures that I really like. I will keep my ears open about deals on toys and stuff. I know a young lady that is heavy inot collecting, so I will ask her. I am also trying to get her to participate on the forum as well. Stay in touch!

Darth Sin!

3. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Man, I almost forgot I started this thread. :) Yeah, bring her in Sin! The more the merrier!

My latest find was the Boba Fett 300th fig, and it's pretty sweet! Awesome detail. I'm a sucker for Fett merchandise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.