main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collecting is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I know it won't be the greatest quality, but take a digital picture of it. You gotta post it so the rest of us can enjoy it! Very cool!!

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I have a 14 X 17" scanner JR...

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That'll work!

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Great! Now you get to share with us!! Can't wait to see it!

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sort of upset that my photo is missing you guys. All I have are Stormtrooper, Snowtroopers, Scouts, and Clone Troopers.

6. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I know others, including myself, have not gotten their Rose Parade pictures yet. I don't know what is taking so long. I don't know if it would be good to write Mary or not asked for an update...

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought you and Mary were tight SH? Tell her to get on the ball.

8. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    There's a new SW shirt at Hot Topic. It's Han Solo frozen in carbonite with the SW logo on the back. A cool shirt, but not for me.

Also there's an R2 onesie so it looks like the baby is R2. Very cute, but I have no little ones around right now. My cousin is 2 and she's basically done with onesies.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Stopped at a yard sale on the way home from work. Found two very cool old SW books.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/IMG_3382.jpg]

The Ewok book was supposed to have a record in it (but doesn't) and I've never even seen the other one. It's got a copyright date of 1979. Probably not worth much, but I think It's cool!

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Just ordered the new Indiana Jones T-shirt.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I needed this like I needed another hole in my head. It however will be the center piece of my GG collection based on size alone (a foot and a half long). The detail is amazing and it is well worth the price.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/Gentle%20Giant%20Collection/DSC01163.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/Gentle%20Giant%20Collection/DSC01165.jpg]

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/Gentle%20Giant%20Collection/DSC01167.jpg]

I will get a Bib Fortuna bust for free now because I also got the Max Rebo band set, but it hasn't come in yet.

12. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, your GG collection is impressive to say the least.

I picked up a couple of "Galactic Heroes" sets and was going to pick up some figs but opted against it. I've got too much stuff. I do have new SW magnets for my cubicle (okay, I've had them for a while but finally put them up). They are Slave Leia, Boba (who does not want to stick because of his jet pack which has magnets but, well, he just isn't very cooperative) and an IRG. I want to put my Yoda magnet near him so Yoda can crumple him with a single motion.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I got a mess o' Legos this weekend. I got the Republic Cruiser, the Hoth set, General Grievous's ship, the Jedi Starfighter with the hyperspace ring, magnets, and a couple of keyrings. It was a nice haul.

14. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I have such a small apartment that I really can't get into too much collecting. But, yesterday I went to a Mini ComiCon & Sci Fi show. I finally got the Star Wars Holiday special, which I've been trying to find for a while. Now my Star Wars DVD collection is complete.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I forgot to add that I also got this European Exclusive Tie something or other Lego too. Pretty cool. It's a land craft with treads but looks like a tie bomber (I think).

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/0/0b/TIEcrawler_schem.jpg/581px-TIEcrawler_schem.jpg]

TIE CRAWLER

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks CBM. I'd forget my head if it weren't attached to my head.

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    So we broke out the SW decks we bought at CIV, and I remembered that I ordered the poker chips to go with them. Did anyone else? Any word on their ship dates?

19. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I did not order them. They looked cool but I don't play enough poker for that, although I love it.

I'm in a collecting lull.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    When I got back I had this beauty waiting for me.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/Gentle%20Giant%20Collection/DSC01433.jpg]

They go with the Jabba I already have. Also there is a form for a free Bib Fortuna if you buy both sets so I sent off for that. Then when he comes in he can stand behind Jabba. I hope this doesn't start a new trend for Gentle Giant. Now that they have done a bust of every character they want to come out with this six inch scale for everyone. That will be a bit too much I think. I would never have the room for all that.

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Impressive, SR, most impressive!

Lookee what I just ordered:

Dejarik Table

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Cool! Does it come with the rules?

23. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I want to learn how to play Dejarik so badly. Of course, first I need a set...

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR! That's beautiful!

JJ, very nice set.

25. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm thinking of dumping my extensive/expensive purse collection on eBay. I realized I don't use most of them, which is crazy because they were all in the $200-$500 range! :eek: I wonder if I'll recoup any of that... [face_blush]

In other collection news, I've finally finished putting the last of the dirt that was still in baggies into pretty jars. Yay! And I just realized I forgot to ask SR to bring me some dirt from the UK. :( Oops!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.