main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Collecting is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    I saw the massive Vader Transformer if that's what you're talking about. It's pretty cool but I just have to be picky about my toys.Ran out of room lightyears ago. What is up with the gold coins? I have yet to see any at all. And right now,all the figs are repacks which bothers me.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought of JB with this one today. Their eyes light up. I got a pretty low number and the run is unusually high 7000 which is rare. I guess they thought the Jawas would be a good seller.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/Gentle%20Giant%20Collection/GE9071lg.jpg]

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Awww,man!! I just checked the site and it's already sold out! :(

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, those guys are awesome!

Last night, Mr. DH bought the book "The Star Wars Vault" for me. SanSWEET!

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm doing an event this Sunday afternoon for the Pop Up book that is coming out. It is in LaVerne if any one wants to stop by.

11/4/2007
    Star Wars Party
    1:00 PM
    Come celebrate the release of best-selling pop-up artist Matthew Reinhart's spectacular new book, Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy ($32.99). This commemorative edition comes packed with a variety of novelty features -- pop-ups, working light sabers, pull tabs, and other interactive looks at the exciting and popular movies. This beautiful book will impress all fans of STAR WARS and gives a whole new perspective to the films. A must have for all Star Wars fans and a great holiday present as well. We will be joined by special friends from the 501st Legion, recently recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's largest Star Wars Costume group. Please feel free to come in costume and don't forget your light sabers! We will have special activities for Star Wars Fans and a special discount on Star Wars books. (Does not include Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy )

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I broke my Mace Windu Master Replica Light Saber Wednesday night. Waaaah! Looks like I will be buying another Light Saber to replace it. Then I will try & get my Mace repaired. So, since I also bought the double Maul, it looks like I'm collecting light sabers, but not like Grievous.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, the pop up book is already out because I have had it for a couple of weeks now.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today I got a couple of Stormtrooper figs, both labeled Fan's Choice

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So today I wasn't meaning to buy anything at the bookstore we were trooping at but they gave us a 35% discount so I had to pick up the pop up book and Steve Sansweet's Vault book. I got both for less than the price of the Vault at regular price. Very nice. If you don't have the pop up book I would suggest getting it. Very well done and just really a unique book.

Also the event was super fun. There were like fifty little kids running around all dressed up in SW costumes swinging lightsabers they were all so cute.

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw some new figures at Target the other day, but I had to pass on them.

I received my copy of the Star Wars Vault. I ordered it back in March, when it was on sale on Amazon.com (EDIT: It's still on sale). It's an awesome book! Steve Sansweet wrote it and gave a presentation on it at CIV (which put me to sleep). But there's tons of reproduced collectibles and memorabilia in it. The best part is there are pictures of DB, SR, and myself in it, albeit in costume so you can't see our faces.

I also picked up a couple of sheets of Yoda stamps.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I keep forgetting about the stamps! I'll swing by today to pick up some.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The last time I was at the post office the lady in front of me bought five sheets of the Yoda stamp. I thought at first she was a SW fan but after hearing her talk she was just a stamp fan.

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I really wanted to buy more than one sheet so I could actually use them, but I'll try to get the parents to do it instead...I wish my mom didn't think Yoda was horrible-looking (it's very sad), she probably won't WANT to get a sheet of those, and dad can only get to the P.O. on Saturdays. :/ I've been making too many small purchases like that lately (Halloween pumpkins, crap at Target, tomorrow's likely purchase of the last season of Seinfeld...). Our P.O. had to hunt for the Yoda stamps too, there weren't any in their drawers, they were hiding in an ancient-looking book thing in a big shoebox.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was so impressed by the Pop Up book that I brought it in to work today and everyone thinks it's the best book ever created.

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, it looks like it pretty much IS the best book ever, from the small glimpse I got. ;) It's going on my wish list (aka, my list of things to buy myself when I get only undesirable gifts @ holiday time, haha).

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ohhh, the internets hate me today! Sorry for the double-post.

17. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I am told that Costco is selling it for $50.00
    In addition, some of the LUNners are in the book, including Rusty's famous badges.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    You are correct JV! I thought that was kind of funny to have an LU.n badge in there. It's Steve Sansweet's badge btw.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah I noticed how LU.N had a pretty big presence in the book. Way to go! Who is that in front of the tent? Is that Colby? Looks like him if it isn't.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I went to my local post office to get stamps and they have not received them yet. Has anyone found them?

21. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I also saw new things at Target. Christmas SW stuff. Some stuff from last year carried over. But there was a snowglobe with Vader in it. He had a list in his hands. He'd crossed off the "good" characters as naughty, and the bad ones as nice. Even Zuckuss was on that list.

22. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Star Wars Pop-uP just arrived at my house, and it is one of the most awesome books I have ever owned.

Not only does it have a wealth of information, the detailing and mechanics of the pop-ups are completely incredible. And the light-up lightsabers are the icing on the cake.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know JJ, I can't stop looking at it. I loved it so much I had to take it to work.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    DH, I found the stamps. I bought them at my local post office last Friday, see my previous post. I figured you bought some. Let me know if you want me to pick some up for you.

I must get the Pop-Up book!!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks JR. Yes, the book is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.