main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collecting Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by darth-dom, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Woohoo :D Thanks Mike.

*hopes her bank manager isn't registered here* :p

2. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    That's great, I'll be looking out for a few of those myself! :D

3. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Can anyone tell me if there are any Imperial Guard (Red Dudes) action figures out there? I've seen a couple of teeny figures that are about 3" high but they all look a bit cheap and tatty :(

I'm currently completely in love with my 1997 12" Stormtrooper action figure (He's a bit like Action Man in a trooper suit and he's nicknamed TK0.50 at the moment). I also have an original 1977 Stormtrooper figure (which is about 3" high too)...

I'm not obsessed really... [face_blush]

4. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Yep, they're definately out there, I have a Power of the Force Imperial Guard (Green package). If I find a pic I'll post a link...

:)

Edit -

Oh wait, you're looking for a 12" fig? I can't recall seeing a 12" Imperial Guard, only the 3&3/4" ones.

But I agree with your opinion of the small figure not being that great, I actually prefer the original series' version, which had actual cloth for the robes, and nicely modelled under garments...

5. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dec 3, 2002
    Noooo... I'm not looking for a 12" figure m'dear that was only the Stormtrooper I have :)

I did a search on Google and found a Kir Kanos figure and a couple of others which look pretty darn good... unfortunately they weren't for sale jsut some dudes collection I think :_|

Please, if you have any link post them I'd be extremely grateful :)

6. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    I did a searsh on Haspro's site and found this:

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.browse/dn/ts.cfm?keyword=Emperor%27s+Royal+Guard&character=Emperor%27s+Royal+Guard&movie=&producttype=&collection=&x=33&y=12

Are these what you're after?

Edit : OK, the link didn't work because this stuff messes with my brain, I'm afraid you'll havre to copy & paste it. :)

7. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dec 3, 2002
    It's not showing anything at the moment but I will keep looking there... thankyou :)

8. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Hmm, strange that it doesn't show them now, it did yesterday. Oh well, if you search on that site you're bound to find 'em. ;)

9. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dec 3, 2002
    I will do don't worry before this year is out I shall have a veritable army of Imperial Guards :D

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw the Tydirium at Forbidden planet in London a few weeks ago. Box is large!
    They also had the Kotobukiya Jango Fett for £58.99 which I did get (as a gift - was my birthday).
    Also the local Entertainer here in Middlesex is having a 'buy one get one free' sale on some of the basic AOTC figures, and I think some of the sale is on their
    website.

11. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    What on earth is a Kotobukiya Jango Fett? I'm OK whith who Jango is, but Kotobukiya ??

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It is a Japanese range of large snap-together figures. Go
    here to see.
    They do other Star Wars characters - the links are on the page. The figure is most impressive (as is the box!) and I haven't decided whether to unpack it yet.

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    *wife sitting next to me as I type this message*

I love those figures but I love my life more
    [face_laugh]

14. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dec 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Crazy Mike... come on now she's gone you can tell us the truth can't you? :D

Cheers LAJ_FETT I'll check out some of that stuff... *hears bank manager sobbing into his coffee* ;)

15. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    12" 'toys' with helmets. Dear, oh dear... :eek:

IN seriousness, I'd like to start getting lego SW stuff. I saw a Jabba's Palace the other day - - - Wow!

16. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dec 3, 2002
    12" 'toys' with helmets. Dear, oh dear...

It's made of wipe clean vinyl too :p

I haven't seen that but I hear it's pretty good though... unfortunately it's pretty expensive as well!

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually I am in the proces of ordering the Kotobukiya Jango figure :)

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So your wife isn't looking over your shoulder any more then, Crazy Mike?
    Forbidden Planet here in the UK had the figures on their site as well, but I couldn't get the link to work in the markup code. They have Jango, Obi-Wan, Anakin and the Clonetrooper for £54.99 plus shipping. Vader is listed as well but is sold out.

19. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    I've checked out the Kotobukiya range, they're good, but a tad on the pricey side IMO. I really need to buy some SW merchandise though, I'm getting withdrawl symptoms... [face_plain]

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    They are a little expensive but I just want the Jango that is it. LAJ_FETT my wife cannot tell anymore what items are new when she comes into my Star Wars room. She notices something that has been there for
    months. She then turns and looks at me and says "I never saw this before" I answer her
    back laughing and say it has been in that spot for ages and then she says that I just bought it :)

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My collection started in my den and expanded from there. About the only rooms that don't have anything StarWars related are the kitchen and the bathroom. However, since I live alone, I can do what I want. Most of my collection is Fett-related but I have the odd Jedi, Vader, and other bounty hunters.
    (And of course a couple of Slave I's).

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Do you have any pics Laj_Fett...

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately not - don't have a digital camera. I can tell you that the largest figure is a life-size Boba Fett standee that I found in London at a cinema store and then had to haul home on the tube and train (in the rain yet! Glad it was wrapped!). Most expensive item I purchased was a 12-inch Electronic Boba Fett from Brian's Toys (had to have it. Know I overpaid. At least it was under 100 USD). I have Electronic Jango standing next to him, but he was a gift. I have a bunch of the 300th Boba figures as 'The Entertainer' store near me had them on sale - both the 'error' version and the second version. I managed to get the Gentle Giant Jango bust & the Boba one is on preorder (and I hope they don't delay that again!). Among the non-Fett items are Vader Unleashed (first version), 12-inch Dengar, 3 3/4 inch figs of IG-88,Dengar,Zuckuss,Xizor, and ShaakTi. Posters of Jango, Boba, and an AOTC poster as well. And the list is by no means complete as I have almost every book
    (including a first-edition pb of the original novel, which I didn't even realize I had til I saw it in a collecting book).

EDIT: Most of the small figs are arranged on top of the 'visual entertainment' equipment (2 satellite receivers & a VCR). Last time I had to get the VCR repaired I had to relocate about half of the collection..

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I know that figure that you are talking about LAJ. It was a Target exclusive in the US and I have it as well. I have several Boba Fett figures as well LAJ. I have pictures of my Bob Fett display on my
    website if you want to check it out..

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I took a look at some of those pix - very impressive! My collection is quite small compared to yours.
    Bet your wife makes you do the dusting and cleaning in that room..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.