main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    This is for discussing Collecting. Star Wars mostly but if you want to talk about other stuff you collect, go ahead. Old thread was locked due to no use, so I started it again.

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I am not the collector I once was. Back in the day I collected the usual action figures and stuff but also concentrated on some areas that were more fulfilling as a collector. I have had to cut back quite a bit as needed but there are those things that I just have to go for when the opportunity presents its self. One of those areas are pre release items. See here http://www.toysrgus.com/relics/prerelease/index.html
    They are items produced and distributed and within Lucas film and the industry before the movie was released. There are all kinds of different items, mostly printed material. Equipment labels, press badges and the novel were the more tangible as a collector and I wanted them all. Some were a little tricky to track down but I found them. Some were to obscure for my tastes and some were just plain out of reach. That would be the Skywalker poster which is just far beyond my price range and not found for sale that often at all. There were 6 items I would have loved to own. A couple items were not to expensive but not seen that much either. One of those was the Crew patch. The last of the 6 I was to obtain. It was the first patch, an early logo that would soon be changed and made for Lucas film crew members. The price was not the problem. Its a rare one. Before this week I have only seen it once before on Bay. Ii was over the Holidays but the timing was just plain bad. I was not in any condition to bid on it. It was not bid on and I thought would never see ti again. It seemed that way until last weekend. It was up for auction gain and a bit cheaper this time. I was the first to bid and I id liberally. I expected to lose with an outbid notice in my E mail today. I won though and was not challenged at all. Take a look. a look. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=197&item=3834795826&rd=1

I do not think its against the rules to link to an auction if so, Sorry Strawbary.

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Congrats on your new acquisition! I'd never seen that patch before.

I'm hoping to make a few new acquisitions this weekend at CNSFX in the category of autographs and sketches. I'll have to remember to bring my sketchbook to the next meeting to show it off. Nothing Star Wars in it unfortunately...

~Doc_Bev

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    "I'd never seen that patch before."
    Exactly...its pretty darn rare. Have fun. Toronto is cool. I like the theater with the bar. That was cool seeing a movie and getting a drink after. CNSFX is a pretty good con. A nice mix of stuff. At least the Sci Fi and Anime. Never was much a comic fan besides punisher and SW, and there is lots of comics and comic book related people there.
    I went a few years ago 2 years in a row 99 and 2000, and that was when I was just getting into Anime. Wish I could go now that I am a full blown Otaku. I remember the main reason for going was to see the Darth Maul guy and he canceled at the last minute even though he made a big deal saying he was going to be there even though he canceled a lot of other cons. Oh well at least I meet Warick Davis and he was cool.

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Does anyone have a complete list of the Star Wars ornaments that Hallmark put out each year? I would love to know what we are missing besides an R2D2.

6. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I thought that we had tracked down such a list at the end of last year's season.... Nicky or I will have to see if we kept it.

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's the list that we have for the Star Trek & Star Wars Hallmark ornaments. I can't remember where we got the information from, but I believe it to be complete with the exception of any of the glass ornaments. We didn't bother to keep track of those as we were only collecting the plastic ones.

Year Name
    1992 Shuttlecraft Galileo
    1993 Enterprise D
    1994 Klingon Bird of Prey
    1995 Captain Kirk
    1995 Captain Picard
    1995 Romulan Warbird
    1996 Millennium Falcon
    1996 Riker
    1996 Spock
    1996 USS Voyager
    1997 C-3PO & R2-D2
    1997 Darth Vader
    1997 Data
    1997 Luke Skywalker
    1997 McCoy
    1997 USS Defiant
    1997 Yoda
    1998 Boba Fett
    1998 Captain Janeway
    1998 Ewoks
    1998 Princess Leia
    1998 USS Enterprise E
    1998 X-Wing
    1999 Chewbacca
    1999 Han Solo
    1999 Max Rebo Band
    1999 Naboo Starfighter
    1999 Queen Amidala
    1999 Runabout
    1999 Vader's Tie Fighter
    1999 Worf
    2000 7 of 9
    2000 Borg Cube
    2000 Darth Maul
    2000 Gungan Submarine
    2000 Jedi Council
    2000 Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2000 Qui-Gon Jinn
    2000 Stormtrooper
    2001 Anakin
    2001 Captain Sisko
    2001 Deep Space Nine
    2001 Jar Jar
    2001 Naboo Royal Starship
    2001 Starfleet Legends
    2002 Darth Vader
    2002 Death Star
    2002 Delta Flyer
    2002 Enterprise NX-01
    2002 Luke Skywalker
    2002 Slave 1
    2002 The Doctor
    2003 C-3PO
    2003 Captain Archer
    2003 Padme Amidala
    2003 The Scorpion (Nemesis)
    2003 Tie-Fighter
    2003 T'Pol
    2004 Star Trek Insignia
    2004 Star Destroyer & Blockade Runner
    2004 Star Wars: ANH One Sheet
    2004 Cmdr Trip Tucker
    2004 City on the Edge of Forever
    2004 Vulcan Command Ship
    2004 Chewbacca & C-3PO

~Doc_Bev

8. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Thanks. I think I may have given you the Star Trek list since I think we are caught up with it except for this years, but I know we have several gaps in our Star Wars ornament collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.