main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Collecting thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Anyone who collects can post their recent finds/buys here. and also can post what they want or what they have for sale/trade.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    hey... im collecting thread too.. i got a bunch coming out of my pocket... wait... my pocket lining is coming apart...

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm still desiring a Walmart TIE Bomber to complete my TIE collection... if anyone sees one at a Walmart, please pick it up for me! I keep hearing people say "oh they have tons at the Walmart by my house" but they never seem to get any at the one on Aero Drive :( . So see one, nab it for me!! Pleeeease!!??

4. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    you can borrow some of my ties for your collection... i only wear one to work now... ive lost that spark to impress the management....

ill pick you up one next time im out, they usually have em at the one down the street from me....

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    JawaJames loaned me his "Infinities" comics to read, but I still want a set of my own. I also want the Disneyland exclusive Star Tours action figs.

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I know of a great collectibles show up here near LA and Orange County. It goes on every Sat from 10am-5pm and Wed. night from 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Its called Frank and son collectible show. It is one of the biggest that I know of. Prices seem to be reasonable. If you want an address or info let me know. I am going there tomorrow.

They have everything from the old A-wing and B-Wing fighter to God knows what you can imagine. I saw 3 B-wing fighters that were being sold for 35.00, and that sounded pretty good to me. I believe they also have the clear plastic cases that Mara has been looking for.

Just PM me for the info and address. I can also e-mail a link to their web sight if you want it. I know its a bit of a drive ,but it could prove to be well worth it.

7. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Ah yes, Frank and Sons, that place is AWESOME!!! The Garrison has done a few events there when Celebs sign.

Jeff

8. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    just got a Bespin duel Luke the other day with the detachable hand. cool figure...looks alot like mark hamil. anyone have any ships they want to sell? im looking for b-wings and tie's or a snowspeeder if you have one.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
  10. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    /\
    I soooooo want one of those. Still looking for an Acklay.

11. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Too bad those are Fernandes guitars. Wonderful quality... FOR ME TO POOP ON. Sorry, the musician in me coming out. I don't have the extensive saber collection (yet) that some people have, but I have a very nice harem of guitars (and yes I do use all of them routinely). Fernandes is to guitars what Kmart is to retail. Cheap, low quality, bargain equipment that breaks easily and has tons of workmanship issues.

Now if Fender or Gibson or Ernie Ball or Kramer or Steinberger or Charvel or ESP or BCRich or PRS or Kaman were to put the graphics on their guitars, then we'd be talking!!!

Valuerockr... by all means, please pick up that bomber for me! That would be great!!!

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Quality doesn't make a difference to me JediG60Racer since I can't play guitar anyway. They would only end up being a wall decoration for me, or standing in a corner in my Star Wars room anyway.

13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    sith 241: i have the walmart crashed snowspeeder for sale, MIB...
    $32

let me know if you want it...

14. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    the crashed? Hmm, hadnt thought of that. any other ships for sale? like a regular snow speeder? t-16?

15. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I was browsing today and found a site with LOTS of SW figures, and others like Dragonball Z. Actually their prices were comparable to Target and Wal-Mart.

Here's the link:

Big Bad Toy Store

16. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Anyone seen/ know when the new TRU exclusive x-wing?

17. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Why oh why didn't I get an Acklay at the con? <bangs head against keyboard> hgmhj[ugf ,tjyrdkuvft kjh cfkc thjjy rdyutethrd hjrtrthrht

18. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    TRU exclusive x wing is at the Morena Blvd TRU. *only* $39.99. Jeesh!! I just bought a power F/X x-wing for $15- on ebay... now I'm very happy I got that!

Any word on a TIE bomber for me? Hmm?

19. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Im going to Wal MArt in Hemet Today, ill look for the Tie-bomber for ya.

20. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Cool! Thanks! :)

21. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    No tie bombers...sorry.

22. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Bah! The search continues!

23. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Frank and Sons had Tie Bombers this last weekend. They were about what I paid for my B-wing.

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    From Artoosnews.com

(Anyone with a gunship may find this helpful)

"Grappling With The Gunship
    I received my Republic Gunship today from Wal-Mart.com and man is this thing impressive! What I wanted to spread the word about is the Grappling Hook. As YakFace has reported in their review the excess rope for the grappling hook does not fit around the hook that you are supposed to use. I tried to wrap up the rope and make it look somewhat decent, but, after 20 minutes I gave up. I then figured out a way to "hide" the rope. With a little effort and a Sewing needle I was able to push the Rope back through the hole it was coming out of. I did this by slowly feeding the rope backwards through the hole, and where the opening is I used a sewing needle to move the rope around so it wouldn't bunch up. What I got was a lot better looking then having what amounts to a ball of yarn attached to the Gunship. It took me about 15 minutes to do this and a lot of patience. So there is another option to retracting the gunship rope rather then just wrapping it around the supplied hook. Click on the thumbnail below to check out the fruits of my labor."

[image=http://www.artoosnews.com/images2002/grapplinghookthumb.jpg]

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Did anyone other than myself, pick up a FREE with $20 Hasbro Star Wars purchase, the 25th Anniversary Silver R2-D2 at Toys R Us? The figure looks great! The only problem was, a lot of the cards had a crease or some other defect. Whoever packed those figures should be fed to the almighty Sarlaac! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.