main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Collecting thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    fyi, the new wave of figures is out - i got a acklay attack obi-wan and geonosian escape dooku at Kearny Mesa target on Friday.

saturday i got two of hte mini-lego sets at Genesee/Balboa Target

2. Mandalorian_Hitman

Mandalorian_Hitman Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2003
    I don't know if this has been discussed here (it probably has but I'll ask anyhow...) but what do ya'll collect? are ya Heardcore everything with a star wars logo one it or just certain lines or character?

I used to be pretty hardcore, trying to collect like a super collector on an average salary didn't work [face_plain]. Nowadays I collect the gentle giant mini bust (got em all), pretty much anything I can get my hands on with Jango/Boba/Mandalorian images on em, and I also like to collect autographed action figures. I have 10 singed figs so far.
    So how bout you guys?

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I collect just about anything that has the name Star Wars on it. Here is a link to pictures of my Star Wars room:

MJF's Collection Pictures

I have 8 lightsabers and a few other props, some costumes, just about every vintage figure complete with accessories and weapons, I have some 12-back carded figures, many 12" figures. Some of the more rare items include a piece of carpet from Senator Palpatine's office in TPM, a Takara metal R2-D2, and a Qui-Gon Jinn toy lightsaber autographed by George Lucas. The walls of my Star Wars room are covered by autographed pictures of the Star Wars actors. My newest acquisitions are an Anakin F/X lightsaber by Master Replicas, an Ephant Mon Saga figure, and today I recieved a 12" Zam Wessel and a Clone Trooper with speeder bike.

4. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    MJF, I've always found your collection quite inspiring! :D
    But when are you going to let us see the REST of your lightsaber collection?
    I'm particularly interested in the older Parks Sabers you say you have. :)

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I do have a pic of the visions lightsaber in my collection pictures... look carefully and you will see it.

*** Everyone go to the Official Site now and sign up to get a free Lego Mini TIE. Here is the link:

Free Lego Mini TIE

6. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, MJF, I looked at all 41 pics...
    and if it's in there, it's either VERY well hidden, or it's so blurry that all I could see was a lightsaber shaped blur, one or the other.

7. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Thanks for the LEGO heads-up...mine is on its way!

8. Mandalorian_Hitman

Jan 19, 2003
    MJF's Collection Pictures

:eek: WOW! that's quite a collection! I am so jealous of your autograph collection MJF! you have some "rare" sigs in there. When I see you again you GOTTA tell me the stories of how you aquired them.

9. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Here are some pics of my collection! :D

http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/4/42811/150029/AW1-vi.jpg

http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/4/42811/150029/AW2-vi.jpg

http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/4/42811/150029/AW3-vi.jpg

I try to stick with the actions figures.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I am still looking for an Acklay for my arena battle set if anyone has one, sees one somewhere.

11. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    Haven't seen an Acklay in a long time. :( But I did get a JC Yoda and Destroyer Droid today @ the Santee Wal*Mart. If anyone wants one, I'll pick it up for them. :)

12. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
  13. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_shocked] WOW! That is just too cool! :cool: Anyone have $14,400 to spare? 8-}

14. Mandalorian_Hitman

Jan 19, 2003
    the new 12" figs (anakin, padme, geonosian) and the Leia with Han in carb. hit the morena TRU yesterday, if anybody is interested.

15. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    was there today... and i see you beat me to the post!

16. Mandalorian_Hitman

Jan 19, 2003
    what time where you there? didn't see you there.

the reason I beat you to the post is beacuse I am the one who put them out!

17. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    came by at lunch time ... maybe 11:30 am on thursday...

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Well I got my Acklay in a collectible store in Orange County yesterday, along with a 12" George Lucas Action figure, A CyGirl Doll (The Doll they use as a base to make a Mara Jade Doll), Wattos Box, and the R2D2/C3PO Christmas figure set, a SOTE Boba Fett s. IG-88 two-pack, and Colt gave me both the trash compactor sets he picked up for me. :D

19. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I didnt know you bought the R2D2/C3PO Christmas figure set. First time i seen it in person.I picked up an Ephant Mon. I need to start my collecting up again. I would like to start with the 12 inchers. I'd like to get a mint Bossk and the new 3 mentioned above . I am also looking forward to the new Han, Lando(skiff disquise)and the ATST officer which i think is coming out in March.

20. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    linda your collection is exceptional, its one of a kind, i love it!. any word on the amidala starship micro machine playset? if anyone can get me one..let me know..it dont matter if its open..or you dont have all the figs..i got some extras. ill see if i can post my collection pics in here..lotta work.

as far as the 12 inches go..i havent got any new ones. i kinda been lagging on those.

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I talked to FAO on the phone this morning.... My Imperial Shuttle is coming! *does happy dance* :D

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    well, mandalorian hitman hooked me up!
    i got my ephant mon yesterday, and a second one that can be claimed by anyone... anyone need an ephant mon?

also, i finished reading SW:NJO:FH:Remnant last night

23. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan, how are you? I went to my folks' house in Riverside and went through my stuff and i found that SOTE figure 2 pack with comic. The Boba vs IG88 one. Not only i found one but i had 2 of them [face_blush]

If anyone can spot a 12 inch Dooku for a good deal like at Wal-mart , and if it's in pretty good mint condition, let me know please. I was able to score in Riverside Zuckuss and Dengar for $15 each.

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I have a few more new acquisitions to report:

- (2) Leia as Boushh with Han Carbonite
    - 12" Padme
    - 12" Geonosian
    - Vintage B-wing
    - Vintage Rancor
    - Star Tours droids
    :D

25. CaptPanakaBacca