main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Collecting thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    - Maria D'Aragon (Greedo) Autographed picture

For some reason this makes me want to say what the oddest thing we've had signed so far is..
    The actual Greedo figure. We had bought a loose vintage one at con one year and she was there and so we couldn't resist. She said it was the first time she'd ever signed the figure itself.
    Not that this is important or anything, just had to share 8-}

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    the oddest thing i think i have had signed was the box that the Tales of the Jedi audiobooks (cassette tapes) came in - it was cover art by Dave Dorman, originally from the cover of one of the TOTJ comics, and possibly a slight variation (Ulic with short hair instead of Ulic with long hair or vice versa...)

then again, i signed some random piece of paper for a kid in the Indy airport after darth brian got me to sign his copy of starwoids.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ I will have to bring my copy of StarWoids for you to sign then James. :D

4. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Oh, if we're talking about things we've signed...I've signed many an autograph book with Sailor Moon 8-}

5. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    For anyone who is interested,
    Slave Leia Unleashed is now available to order from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008V5WL/ref%3Dt%5Fth%5Fem%5Fis/104-1600465-6195908

Hope this helps,

Vol

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I saw the Slave Leia unleashed at Grand Slam... SRB_Jedi_Knight (the City Rep for Orange County) bought the last one they had. It is truly a beautiful figure, the best Leia ever made. I will definitely be putting an order in for it.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I have an extra Ephant Mon if anyone wants it.

8. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    I would love to get that, Mara. Let me know if you still have it.

Vol

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    It is yours! :D

10. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    Just let me know when I can get it from you. Since I dont drive, I will probably meet you at that meeting in la jolla?

Vol

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll bring it to the La Jolla meeting Luigi. Did you remember to go to meetup.com and sign up for the meeting?

12. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    SW figures on sale at Target this week...2 for $5!!

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I should stock up on those cheap figures to put in the prize baskets we will be giving away at comic con.

14. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    Yeah, if i find a bunch of pegwarmers ill donate them for the IE, guess we can put together some baskets aswell.

15. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    I just signed up at meetup.com so hopefully that is all i have to do.

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    this weekend i was cleaning up the house - and realized that i am running out of space for open figures (and my open figures and vehicles and such are collecting lots of dust.. you should see some of the dust-shadows on the shelves once i started moving stuff around -- landspeeder outline, watto's foot outline, snowseeder outline, endor bunker outline. i'm running out of space to display stuff :(
    if i opened all my AOTC figures, i don't know where to put them all set up...

i opened Djas Puhr yesterday (somehow i ended up with two of him) - his waist articulation is bad.. he turns too easily and nearly feels like he is about to separate at the waist. his guns are pretty flimsy and small... nice scale-wise but easily bent.

where am i going with this? i either need more space or i may be maxing out on collecting -- and my parents do want me to evacuate my old room at their house too -- and that's mostly books.

time for a trip to the container store, it seems. what do you do when you are running out of room?

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    what do you do when you are running out of room?

Divorce your husband and use his large walk-in closet to store your Star Wars stuff. [face_devil]

Put stuff in my garage like large items like Darth Maul, R2D2...

Reorganize or rotate the items you have on display and keep the rest in boxes.

Move into a bigger place?

Sell stuff on ebay?

18. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    what do you do when you are running out of room?
    Our solutions...well...move :D
    Also Ikea has some amazing stuff that's priced well that holds lots of stuff.
    I highly recommend the Billy bookcases with the glass doors. That's what we used before we moved. Ikea is a collectors friend 8-}

19. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    or you could uhhh....give some to me to uh 'hold' for you!

20. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    glass doored cases are a good idea to keep dust out...

also moving into a bigger place is a possibility -- our lease is up in june, but i don't want to move so soon... unless it is into a place i will own.

and dan: ruuuhhhiiiiigggggghhtttt

21. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I would seriously check Ikea. Besides the Billys that we've got we also have two cabinets in the living room that are curio things and they were less than $100 eash and stainable/paintable. They also have shelving that you can mount on the walls, some with doors, other without. Look in the CD storage section to find stuff that holds collections well too.
    You can tell a lot of time's gone into this...we have a ton of stuff and a two year old with sticky fingers...not to mention two cats who have been known to run off with stuff.

22. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
  23. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    You OPENED your figures!!! [face_shocked] [face_plain] :_|

24. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    i open some of mine!

25. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    yes, i'm an opener -- figures are more fun when you can play with them, pose them in dioramas, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.