main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Collecting - What is hard to get?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by QuiZahn, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiZahn

QuiZahn Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    HI - All:

I have found most of the items I was looking for, at least the ones that have been released however I am finding it hard to locate a couple of items and I was wondering if anyone could help or was haveing the same difficulty?

I currently have most of the basic figures and all of the Deluxe figures. I also have the two speeders and Slave1. Has anyone seen the Jedi Starfighter or the Yoda figure, how about hangar duel Anakin / Obi-Wan and what about basic Count Dooku or final battle Jango Fett?

Any help?

Later

QuiZahn

2. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

I can't find Dexter Jettster anywhere.

Also, the T'r'U near me is totally out of JarJar, Nikto, and that horn-y Jedi (although thankfully I grabbed 'em last weekend)

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Now I'm feeling left out, having passed off on the feeding frenzy.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello there young man,

I believe that I can help you.

The following 6 figures are yet to be released
    in Canada:

YODA
    COUNT DOOKU
    ROYAL GUARD
    ANAKIN H BATTLE
    LUMINARA
    TAUN WE

The Jango final battle figure will not be out in Canada until at least June or July.

Zam Wessell and the Red Clonetrooper are the 2 hardest figures to get for now until the
    new case assortments come out. They are currently packed one per case which is why they are so hard to find.

5. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

Re: Zam ("Nuclear") Wessel

Is there a Zam figure packaged on a blue AotC card? The only one I saw at T'r'U last weekend was packaged on one of those green older cards, and I assumed it was one of those older "preview" figures, a la Aura Sing. Or is that the uber-rare one that I should've bought? :p

Also, that yellow R2-unit covered in energy-bolt-damage... is that new as well, or just yet another random green-carded figure?

Packaging, why does it confuse me so. I miss garage-sales.

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes Mike there is a second Zam figure....

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And sadly, the Zam figure contains a couple of spoilers that I could have done without - one is the figure comes with an accessory and has a playtime feature crutial to the movie. The other is in the copy (either on the back or the insert - can't recall which) which describes certain plot points.

And I'm not a 'spoiler free' person, but don't need to know the entire plot!

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I forgot to mention that to the rest of the
    gang too....

9. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

fortunately, it seems that the most spoiler-heavy character-descriptions are now constrained entirely to the little folded paper-insert... originally, everybody's bio was written on the back of the card (in the pre-release photos from rebelscum.net).

Hey, have you ever tried playing Gasgano's comm-chip?
    "Gasgano wins!"
    whaaa??

10. QuiZahn

QuiZahn Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I guess I got mos of the hard to find stuff, how what about that jedi Starfighter!

QuiZahn

11. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I don't know if they have any left, but I was at the Walmart at Dufferin Mall and they had a few of each of the starfighters left.....the Toys R Us at Young and Steeles still has tons of the basic stuff.....

now i need some help....
    does anyone know when the other wave of figs comes out ...the few that aren't here? I'm going to indy next weekend and want to know if i should by them when i'm there...

12. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Your going to Indy next weekend? Cool! There's a bunch of us going from Toronto. Are you going to the "Meet and Greet" with us on Saturday? It would be nice to who all the Canadians are that are going.

As for the figures, does it matter to you if the figures are bilingual (Canadian) or just english (American)? Some people have been picky about that in the past.

You might want to check out the Cargo bay on the official site which lists most past present and future official merchandising.

13. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    "Zam Wessell and the Red Clonetrooper are the 2 hardest figures to get for now until the new case assortments come out. They are currently packed one per case which is why they are so hard to find."

sweet. glad i grabbed those on the 23rd. i knew there was an advantage to working @ walmart.

14. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    anyone having any luck with Dexter Jettster, Zam Wesell, Geonosian Warrior
    Saesee Tiin or Preview Jango?

if anyone is having a hard time with the vehicles, I was at the Cederbrae TRU when they were putting a whole new load out..there seemed to be every vehicle there...just none of the hard to find figs....this would be karma getting me back for buying 14 figs two weeks early...

anyone have any leads? when do Anakin duel ,Yoda, Count Dooku ,Royal guard,Taun We & Luminara come out up here anyway?

off topic but....i can't make it to the meet and greet this weekend..but i was wondering if there are any plans for the toronto group to get together in indy?
    i'm gonna post this on the celeb II topic line as well.....

15. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    well, i have a zam, and at the oakville wal-mart (where i work), there were two or three dexters, but they're all gone now...and i didn't pick one up yet...

16. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I saw a Dexter Jettster at Agincourt Walmart today. I've seen Saesee Tiin in basically all TRU's that I've been to.

Still waiting for Anakin (Hangar), Dooku, Yoda and Unduli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.