main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Collecting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedimasterbryan, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    hey i noticed there was no topics about collecting so i figured i'd start one. Today i got really lucky at target I found a deluxe flying geonosian action figure and i found the anaking and sebulba pods mini lego building set.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great idea for a topic! :)

Anyway, I have been having problems finding the newer figures around here recently. It seems that stores around here are stuck with the older figures and have no room for the new lines. Like at Wal-Mart last night, they had tons of 12" figures, but were clean out of the basic line. I hope this changes because I'm looking forward to the trash compactor two-packs coming out soon.

Also, a heads up: Kay-Bee Toys at the Berkshire Mall has a huge bin full of Saga figures. They have all the really rare ones including the two Yodas and Dooku.(which of course, I picked up :) )

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  3. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah i went to the wal-mart in temple the other day and they had almost no regular figures, they did have the trash compactor ones though. I almost bought them, but decided i'd wait a little while.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The one in Temple had them, you say? I have to go check that out. :)

I was at the one in Ephrata last night and it was a waste of my time.

Another item I'm getting interested in is the new Action Fleet collection. I bought the Falcon, snowspeeder, and AT-AT so far and the detail on them is fantastic!

5. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    Do u open your figures and action fleet or do u keep them in the boxes. I used to open my figures but now i keep them in the box and put them on the wall.

6. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I keep 'em closed, but they usually get lost during sometime of my room, if it's messed up or clean (I call them 'ages' ;) ) well, never mind my room though :p

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I keep all of my action figures in the package, with the exception of the 12" line. I like to "set them free" so to speak. The only figures that are out of the card are the ones I got when I was younger and played with. Altogether, I have around 230 action figures.

I open the action fleet collection because they come with a nice display stand and they're just too beautiful to keep in the box.

8. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Uh huh...right...you really took care of the Han, Leia and one of your Luke 12" things :p they're doing something...somewhere...I won't say what cause Han'll kill me ;)

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    What are you talking about, Crazed? I put Han, Leia and Luke beside my bed. What's wrong with that? ;) :p

10. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah i've got about 50-60 action figures, i also have a few vehicles, and i got the geonosian battle arena for x-mas. Only about 15 of my figgures are in the case because i just started keeping them in the case about 2 months ago, before i opened them up and displayed them.

11. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    hey guess what i got at the wal mart in temple yesterday? A yoda acton figure!!! The new jedi high council one(the remake of the episode 1 yoda) I also picked up the clone trooper republic gunship pilot, and anakin from the hangar duel(w/ the 2 sabers)

12. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Sounds like a good place to get figures, unfortunatally I'm not really into action figures of people, I like the ships much better.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Grr...I really need to get to that Wal-Mart in Temple. That's the only Wal-Mart around this area that has the newer figures so far. I was at the one in Exeter Saturday night, and they had squat.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Here's a new proposal:

What do you guys say about posting pics of your collection in this thread? Sound like a good idea?

15. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i would do that, but i don't have a digital camera or a scanner. But i'd love to see your guys' collection.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Too bad you don't have a digi-cam. The batteries just went dead in mine. But, as soon as I get new ones, I'll post my pics up in here.

17. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    hey guess what i found at wal-mart today? A deluxe yoda w/ super battle droid!! I've been looking for this for ages, now i just need the yoda w/padawan and i'll have all the yodas in the episode 2 packaging!

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome!! Whenever I go to Wal-Mart they have crap. Which one do you go to again?

19. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i usually go to the one in temple. But the one i got the yoda at was the one by airproducts adn the old Ames(i dont know what town that is)

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm, I'm not sure where exactly that one is. All I know is the stores around here better start getting the new waves in or I'm gonna go insane.

21. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    this must be my lucky week, i went to the wal-mart in temple and found a Count Dooku, the hard one to find. I also saw a couple of the new figures(mace and also the analyzing droids from the jedi temple) but dodn't buy any because i didn't have much cash with me,

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ahhh...Count Dooku...I remember I went crazy in the store when I found him. It was quite funny, actually.

I forgot something...I actually got lucky last week. I found the saga Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer. Those were the only lucky finds I had for a while.

23. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Heh, and there's me who only gets 2 figures per year ;)

24. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i usually buy 2-3 a month, sometimes more

25. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I found an awesome deal at Kay Bee in the berkshire mall this past weekend. I found the silver aniversay scenes( Han+Chewie and Luke+Leia) for $2.50 a piece!! usually they are $20 a piece. I tried to find the Vader+Obi-wan one but they didn't have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.