main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collecting

Discussion in 'Archive: Green Bay, WI' started by VadersClone, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey everyone, just wanted to talk about collecting in the Green Bay area. Maybe help some people out there to find figures and vice versa. I make most my runs on the weekends, always working otherwise. I would like to apologize to admin for sounding like an advertisement in my first post, that's not what I had intended. I however must admit that I kind of enjoyed the verbal spanking.
    I know we are all waiting for the 23rd to get here when AOTC figures hit the shelfs. I was wondering if anyone knows if the ToysRUs in Green Bay is going to participate in the midnight madness sale. I haven't had a chance to get down there yet, but if I find out I will post it.

Does anyone know of any Star Wars Fan Clubs here in Green Bay? Just curious.

Later,
    Vaders Clone

2. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Milwaukee so. & Brookfield are the only TRU listed to open for the midnight 23rd sale. You can check out a complete listing in the Cincinnatti forum.

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Vader's Clone, no worry at all about the first post. I was just giving the guidelines so you know what they are, not implying you said anything wrong. :)

I'm from Minneapolis, but when I visit my parents sort of near Wausau, I have the best collecting luck. There's too many evil scalpers in Mpls. Some lurk the FF boards and snap up everything and that makes me sad. I don't mind when someone buys two or three of an item for friends, but the whole peg so a jerk can sell them on eBay is wrong in my book.

4. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Vader, I don't know what is happening in Green Bay but we just had our first meeting of the Wisconsin Fanforce out of Milwaukee. Anyone is invited to future meetings. We even got on the Fox6 News. It was so cool and I met some really neat people. We are going to the exhibit at MSOE on April 27th. Watch the Milwaukee Forum boards for info. I am from Sheboygan and would like to see Northeastern Wisconsin get involved. Feel free to email me or PM.

5. BOBOFETTT

BOBOFETTT Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    If anybody is interested in the GB area, I still have some of the first Star Wars ccg cards left over. I'm not big on collecting, I just love Star Wars.

6. VadersClone

VadersClone Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hi everyone,
    Talked to the manager at ToysRUs this weekend, at this time they had no plans to be open for midnight, but he was going to check into it. (Green Bay ToysRUs). Not much new on the collecting front, I think they are holding it all back. In case your interested WaldenBooks in the Bay Park still has about 20 each of the Aura Sing and C3PO Masterpeice books for $20.00 each. Also KMart on the Westside (GB) still has Luke Bacta Tanks and Darth Maul Deluxes. Plus some of the older wave figures, but nothing rare, did manage to find an R2Q5 hanging on one of the back pegs and it was mint, so they must of had a box in the back yet.
    Later,
    Vaders Clone

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Howdy,

We're from the Milwaukee FanForce and we're big in collecting. Since this could potentially cover a mess of ground, anyone interested in checking out what's going on in Milwaukee or possible getting a network of collectors to cover more of the state, just send a PM and we'll talk. Might be good way to get what everyone is looking for since items are shipped differently to different areas.

Dwayne and Marcy
    TheWampas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.