main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Collecting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Hello all. I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread for those of us who are serious collectors and want to help each other out.

I'll list what I'm looking for and you all do the same, then if we can work out trades or just keep an eye out for each other when we go shopping!

Wanted:
    12" Ultimate Jango Fett
    Toy Fair Vader (Good luck huh?)
    POTJ Admiral Motti
    Wal-Mart Exclusive Tie Bomber

2. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Well, I got Motti for about $20 on eBay. The Wal-Mart Tie Bomber usually goes for about $70-80 and the Toy Fair Vader... well, you're looking at about $150-200 for him. The Jango Fett has been selling for about $40, but if you wait a few months, you'll be able to find him for about $15. Remember those expensive $60 Queen Amidala portrait dolls? I paid full price for them like an idiot and then 4 months later I found them all marked down to $15.99 at KayBee. Since Star Wars is really hot at the moment, people are going to be selling even the most common item at an inflated price. I waited until TPM was out of the cinemas before buying a lot of stuff. I spent $30 on 12 different action figures. And the Toys R Us on Dixie Hwy is where I found some of the smaller stuff like the die cast pod racers. I also scored every single one of those Taco Bell/KFC TPM toys at a dollar store not too long ago for $.30 each. LOL!
    I'm going to TRU and KB next week to do some SW shopping and I'll keep my eyes open for Jango if you'd like.

Bunny

3. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    I collect and also sell on e bay.I even got accused of ripping people off by selling the celebration 2 figure and getting up to 76.00 per figure.Well I saw Star Wars at age 6 and I have loved it ever since.I saw it 11 times when I was 6.Collecting is fun and if you feel you can turn some profit to reinvest in things you want without neglecting first your families needs go for it.I figure if I can make 76.00 off 10.00 its a smart thing I cannot force anyone to bid on my items but Im completely honest unlike some big dealers.In fact my family bought 4 figures total and I kept one but it helped pay for haveing the priveledge of attending celebration 2.Ok there it is I needed that off my chest.Im useing some of my earnings to have a small get together next Sat. for my families freinds to go see the movie again and get pizzas then play two rooms of star wars monopoly.take care.

4. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey Phil, did you ever get Count Dooku? To this day, that remains the only Episode II figure that I've never seen on a store shelf. It really irks me that he's the only one of the first 27 that I need. I personally hope they pull an Ep1 maneuver and ship cases of 16 Dooku's at some point.

I've seen the new stuff is in Louisville, too. I got Bespin Vader, Mace Windu, and the second Jango Fett, but I missed Bespin Luke, I guess, as there was none to be found.

Man, reading about buying those Amidala dolls at $60 each brings back painful memories, because I did the exact same thing. And then they were SOOO cheap at KB. That's why I've been so relucatant to buy very much Ep2 stuff, really, because I got burned SO HARD on TPM toys that it's not even funny. I remember spending several hundred at the midnight on-sale at the Toys R Us on Dixie Highway back in '99 (which I came to straight from the airport at around 11:45 PM that Sunday, as I was coming back from Denver and C1).

And then, six months later, those stupid Ep1 figs were all over the place, and I saw them as low as $1.99. Man, what a sucker I was for paying full price on that stuff. I hate to think that's going to happen again with Ep2. I guess I am just weak-willed, because I see the Episode II toys and feel compelled to pay $5.99 for them now. :) "I must have these toys....I must have these toys...."

-John

5. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    unicron,they have dooku available through jawa trader that is where I had to get mine and yoda.I have personally decided to start buying custom carded figures on e bay for rareity and investment.I cannot afford to be a completest and get every figure so I go right for the rare ones.Oh the bespin luke has a different version with blood on the hand this is suppose to be very rare.

6. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    unicron your rebel inside the imperial insignia design on the web site is awesome.that would be awesome as our fan club shirts etc.your web site really looks good thank you.

7. nick9569

nick9569 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Hello everyone. I am the sales floor manager at the TRU in Clarksville and am always happy to help out fellow Star Wars collectors. If you are in the area stop in and see me. Unicron, we have been getting Dookus in just about every week, I will set one aside for you the next time we receive them, I will let you know when that is.

Nick

8. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    Nick how is it going?I have been meaning to visit TRU again.If any one else is reading this Nick is the best for helping complete your wish list visit the Clarksville TRU.Anyways hope to see ya at the meeting at Cheerokee park on June 8th,5pm.

9. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Does anyone know anything about the EPisode 2 Padme' coruscant/naboo Pilot uniform figure? I have seen pictures of her and I heard she was supposed to be realeased with the 3rd wave........

10. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey Nick, I would really appreciate that. Just PM or e-mail me (john@deceptitech.com) if you're able to do it. Thanks!

Mel, I don't think the pilot Padme' is out yet; as near as I can tell, only stuff up to Djas Puhr has been spotted so far. If I'm not mistaken, she's in the next assortment after that one. I still haven't seen Puhr or Palpatine around Louisville...has anyone else?

Bossknopp, you mentioned they had Dooku in the Jawa Trader. He's never available on-line from the fan club, but I've never called and asked, as I assumed the site used the same inventory system that the operators had at their disposal. So if you call them on the phone does it mean that you can sometimes get things that the website lists as "out of stock?"

-John

11. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey Nick! Sounds like you may become a very popular guy! Any chance you can hold a few things for me too? I could give you a short list as long as it doesn't cause any trouble for you.

12. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    John,I ordered my dooku and yoda from jawa trader on the internet and had my order like in 5 days.This was just last week.

13. Drew724

Drew724 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello everyone, this is only my second post so nice to meet everyone.

First of all, I was in the Clarksville TRU the other day and Nick really helped me out. He helped me find the Bespin Vader and Luke that were in the best condition (for some reason the card on Vader is always bent). He even gave me a SW poster of all 40 figures. Definitely stop in and see him. And his store has the absolute best stock of figures.

That being said, the TRU in St. Matthews has both Dooku and Yoda (as of noon today, 5-31) and as of 5-30 the KB Toys in St. Matthews had Qui Gon, Massif, Orn Free Ta, and Endor Soldier. I have yet to see Puhr or Palpatine. Anyone seen them in Louisville?

One last thing, the KMART in Versailles, KY had a 12" Boba Fett. I was coming home from Lexington last weekend and convinced my wife to stop and look. It was $29.99. They had 2.

Good luck everyone and AOTC, after 5 viewings, is my favorite SW movie!

Drew Arnold
    New Albany

14. Drew724

Drew724 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Oops. Of course I meant 12" Jango Fett. (Boba was barely 12" tall in the movie:)

15. Drew724

Drew724 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Just thought I'd let everyone know I found a Bloody Luke Bespin Duel at the Target on Hurstbourne/Taylorsville Rd. They also had Bespin Darth and Jango Fett Final Duel.

16. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I took an extended lunch today and went over to Clarksville to Nick's Toys R Us, and I just wanted to publicly thank him for helping me out with Dooku, the last of the first 27 "Saga" figures that I needed. He also let me know that the Wal-Mart right there in River Malls mall had the Endor Rebel Soldier-wave, so I also went up there and picked up those figs and the Bespin Luke I needed. I just realized that, counting the doubles that I bought at Toys R Us for my RPG campaign & customizing fodder, I have bought 29 SW figs in the past couple of hours...SHEEEEEESH, so much for getting paid today!!! :)

Palpatine and D'jas Puhr don't ship with the Masiff wave, do they? I don't think they do, as I didn't see them today. I like this thread's purpose; if someone sees Djas or Palpatine anywhere, post here and let us know they're out.

-John

17. Drew724

Drew724 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    John,

Here you go (I've been looking for Palpatine/Puhr too):

Asst # 84861001A
    2 x Geonosian Warrior?
    2 x Dexter Jettster? (Coruscant? Informant)
    2 x Qui-Gon Jinn? (Jedi Master)
    2 x Endor Rebel Soldier? (possible variation)
    2 x Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?
    2 x Djas Puhr? (Alien Bounty Hunter)

For other case assortments, SirStevesGuide.com has a link to a complete list from their forum section.

Good luck,
    Drew

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Ahhhh, now we're getting somewhere!

I finally broke down and bought the Tie Bomber from Ebay, only cost my $43.00. Oh well, I consider it a late Birthday present for myself!

Now if they'll just ship that Anakin Saber from Master Replicas......

19. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    After yesterday's venture, here's everything that I still need to complete the set (so far, that is):

* Admiral Motti (POTF - Commtech Chip)
    * Princess Leia (POTF - Commtech Chip)
    * R2-B1 (Episode I)
    * Sio Bibble (Episode I)
    * Darth Sidious - Holograph (Episode I)
    * Jar Jar Binks - Swamp/Swimming (Episode I)
    * TC-14 (Episode I)
    * Pit Droids 2-pack (Episode I)
    * Queen Amidala w/ Ascension Guns (Episode I)
    * Han Solo - Death Star Escape (POTJ)
    * Sandtrooper (POTJ)
    * R4-M9 w/ Mouse Droid (POTJ)
    * Teebo - Ewok (POTJ)
    * Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (Saga)
    * Djas Puhr - Alien Bounty Hunter (Saga)

So if anybody sees any of these cheap, let me know. :)

I went to SirSteve's site and checked out the complete case listings. Man, it really burns me up that the ONLY character they shipped in only one case assortment is Count Dooku. They HAD to know in advance that there would be significant demand for him, and yet, out of ten assortments that have been available since April 23, he's appeared in only ONE, and only 2 per case in that assortment. Don't tell me that Hasbro doesn't do that crap intentionally.

When I saw that Puhr and Palpatine were in asst #84861001A with Qui-Gon and the Endor Rebel Soldier, I thought I might have missed them yesterday at Wal-mart. But I see that Qui-Gon and the Endor Rebel Solder also ship in asst #848610018, which includes Massiff and Orn Free Taa, which I also got yesterday, so that must have been the assortment Wal-Mart got in stock. Guess there's still been no Louisville sightings of Palpatine/Puhr on the shelves.

-John

20. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Damn, I've seen some of those in the past but never picked them up (I'm no longer a completist. But I'll start keeping any eye out for you.

It kills me how hard it is to find some of the figures here in Louisville. And I've been angry at Hasbro for a long time for the way they pack their assortments....

21. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    I have a rotj nikto i picked up a few years back in nm condition but there is forign language possibly french or spanish.Does this hurt its value its got the emperor figure offer on a 65 back?

22. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Fist post in this area, so hello everyone!!!

I found 12in Jango at the Hurstbourne Meijer last Saturday night. My wife and I had nothing else to do so we found ourselves there. I came around the toy aisles and a couple had him out on the floor, and I thought "You've got to be kidding me! This fig probably sat here for a week hidden down on the bottom shelf, and I miss him by mere seconds???" Luckily, they had moved him to get at some SpongeBob Squarpants something or other, so they left Jango on the floor. I sure didn't!!

Still haven't seen anyting from AOTC above #35 yet, and Nick at the Clarksville TRU is the best at helping out the more frustrated among us. I was glad to be able to point him in the direction of the Orn, ERS, etc. wave last week (Of course, we're now swimming in those figs around town, so he would have happened across them easily on his own, I'm sure).

Maybe the Djas wave will start showing up soon, the online stores are starting to get them in, so they must be trickling down to those of us in the "B" cities ;-)

HH

drew

23. Drew724

Drew724 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    If anyone is still looking for the Qui-Gon wave, they have all four (Qui-gon, Orn Free Taa, ERS, & Massiff) at the Wal*mart on Hurstbourne Lane. They also had plenty of the Nexu.

Still looking for Palp & Puhr, plus the Han/Chewie/OBI Pilot wave.

If I find them, I'll post here. Good luck everyone.

MTFBWY

24. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Y'know, I don't know anyone named Drew who isn't a Star Wars fan, and I've met a few other Drew's in my day :)

drew2

25. bossknopp

May 5, 2002
    Anyone into the unleasehed series of figures?I just won an auction on e bay for jango it looks awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.